BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

03-29-2008, 05:00 PM   #1
trah23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: infinity Q45, 08 corvette z06

No, Mdrive or EDC, car still accelerate 0-60 4.6-4.7?

Well, not much to say here, since the title pretty much sums it up, if you dont get either option (and put DSC on off) will it still accelerate at the time BMW says or is it only if u do some adjustments on the Mdrive and EDC......

which would be completely stupid in my opinion
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 05:36 PM   #2
OzStriker
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Ford Falcon Ute, Ducati 1198S

Garage List
Soft EDC in theory will put more weight over the rear wheels allowing better traction.

I have not done any aggressive clutch dumping off the line, but even with smooth clutch let-out with a few revs MDM can be hit and miss between bogging down or spinning the tyres.

In real life, I suspect a good driver will make a much greater difference than DSC OFF/MDM and EDC or no EDC.

It is a tricky car to drive fast off the line, Chris Harris demonstrates this on one of his videos, when you think about it, its not a digital car like the GT-R. M-DCT will partially fix this I suspect.
BMW E92 M3 6MT, G-Power SKII supercharged, custom exhaust with 100 cell cats and Remus Sport mufflers, Brembo 380mm BBK, BMW Performance steering wheel, LUX H8 angel eyes, CF CSL boot, Hamann CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF lip, CF grilles, CF gills, CF bonnet vents, BMW Performance stripes, RAC RG63 wheels, Eibach lowering springs, camber modifications.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 07:41 PM   #3
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzStriker View Post
It is a tricky car to drive fast off the line, Chris Harris demonstrates this on one of his videos, when you think about it, its not a digital car like the GT-R. M-DCT will partially fix this I suspect.
It's the reason why not to tackle an RS4 at the lights. You will get burned.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 11:02 PM   #4
sayemthree
Major General
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X3mC ‘20 Raptor ‘04 X3 6mt

its should hit 60 in 4.2 to 4.3 sec with or without the elect gizmoz.
      03-30-2008, 01:43 AM   #5
trah23
Private First Class
Rep

Sayemthree i hope ur right man, have u actually read it somewhere or have some factual basis though? or anyone at that matter have any factual or some type of proof (for lack of a better word) that it can still hit the same 0-60 time?

Footie, i hope the M-DCT fixes the issure u were talking about, im not a avid racer or anything, but i still like to have some fun, and race some random shmo off the line here and there heh
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 10:06 AM   #6
skierman64
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3-E46M3-E46Wagon-E89Z4-E36

Garage List
1994 325is Race Car  [0.00]
2011 BMW Z4  [0.00]
1998 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by trah23 View Post
but i still like to have some fun, and race some random shmo off the line here and there heh
That's not the kind of racing this car is designed for.
      03-30-2008, 10:24 AM   #7
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by trah23 View Post
Sayemthree i hope ur right man, have u actually read it somewhere or have some factual basis though? or anyone at that matter have any factual or some type of proof (for lack of a better word) that it can still hit the same 0-60 time?

Footie, i hope the M-DCT fixes the issure u were talking about, im not a avid racer or anything, but i still like to have some fun, and race some random shmo off the line here and there heh
Try googling Car and Driver and Road and Track on this. R&T got 4.1 secs in the coupe, C&D got 4.1 seconds in the sedan. May be flukes, but the fact that it has been produced at least twice lends some credence. In any case, being a RWD, 6MT car it depends very much of driver launching skill. DSC and EDC in the right settings can help the driver but a really good driver may not need these. I still believe that this is an honest low 4 second car to 60 and that the M-DCT transmission should be able to improve on this as well as make launches driver independent (providing the drivers aren't morons).
      03-30-2008, 11:30 AM   #8
sayemthree
Major General
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X3mC ‘20 Raptor ‘04 X3 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersin View Post
Try googling Car and Driver and Road and Track on this. R&T got 4.1 secs in the coupe, C&D got 4.1 seconds in the sedan. May be flukes, but the fact that it has been produced at least twice lends some credence. In any case, being a RWD, 6MT car it depends very much of driver launching skill. DSC and EDC in the right settings can help the driver but a really good driver may not need these. I still believe that this is an honest low 4 second car to 60 and that the M-DCT transmission should be able to improve on this as well as make launches driver independent (providing the drivers aren't morons).
yup = what he said. ^
      03-30-2008, 02:00 PM   #9
trah23
Private First Class
Rep

skierman, i didnt solely pick this car because i thought it was a off the line drag racer, mainly i got it because i liked how it looks (inside and out) and also it wasnt to shabby of the line.

thanks for the info ersin and ur four words sayemthree lmao
Appreciate 0