BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

12-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #45
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Too sad when I see this ... some 8 years back our e28 BMW 1987 535is was keyed just like this (all around) ,,,, it required a complete paint job as well as rework last year since they did not do such a great job on the front fenders when they repainted at that time.

Some people just don't like when others own something nice such a shame.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 10:46 AM   #46
kchu221
JDM whore
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2009 997.1 Turbo

holy shit... sorry to see that, hope everything gets resolved, goodluck!
      12-05-2012, 10:47 AM   #47
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Extremely sorry and disappointed to see this!

You and many others are wrong on one thing, that the car will never be the same! The car can be as good as new since there is only paint damage, the problem is going to be finding a shop that is willing and able to repair it properly.

I know the IND could make your car as good as or better than new, since I have seen their paint and bodywork abilities in person. I was proved wrong, because I too used to have the attitude that no paint repair could be done to factory quality. Now I am not suggesting that you take your car to Chicago for repair as the only option, find a shop in California that you know will do the job that you will be satisfied with, I am sure that shop exists, you need to do your research to make sure that the shop you use is a shop that is going to do the repair to your standards.

Again, I am extremely disheartened and sorry to see this and I hope it all gets made right!
      12-05-2012, 10:49 AM   #48
dagolfpro
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Sorry to see stuff like this.
Mods List: Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | BBS FI | Yokohama AD08 R| Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | OEM GTS Wing| GTS Lip| I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #49
///Mperative
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: like grandma

Garage List
2014 BMW 550xi  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
That sucks. What's wrong with people?
      12-05-2012, 11:00 AM   #50
johnL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e46 M3

sorry to hear this. Out of curiosity, were you taking up two parking spots? or someone else's parking space? I made the mistake of parking in someone else's parking spot and the lady at work parked right next to me and opened her door wide, which resulted in a deep scratch and door dent.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 11:04 AM   #51
NYCM3ryder
Razzor
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E90 M3

omg... i am sorry for what happened. I also got keyed once no where near as bad. But still remember the feeling. How will they fix the carbon fiber roof??

2011 E90, 6 speed, technology package, black 220 rims , EDC, moon roof, matt black grills, matte side grills, 15% carbon tints, carbon fiber M pedals, ACS roof wing, IND painted reflectors, mfest black gloss m3badges, Mfest side window stickers, Tuner MS 15mm spacers, Carbon fiber M foot pedals, MS air filter, RPI air scoops, euro switch mod
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #52
SD-E93-11
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3 Jerez Black/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post

In the end, based in part on Irvine's stellar reputation as one of the safest cities in the US, I just decided to leave it at my office.
It may be "safe" but the OC seems to be filled with "haters". I know Californians have a reputation for being "laid back" but having lived and traveled all over this country, my observation is that Californians are actually some of the most uptight people in the country. I know that sounds like an unfair generalization, but it's just one guy's opinion.

Quote:

1. The shop I have in mind (Penske in San Diego) will do a phenomenal repair job. Their "mantra" is that for any repair you simply will not be able to distinguish the car from new.
If you're going to Penske, you should plan on two months rather than one.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 12:02 PM   #53
kwike92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 CP

Wtf! This just pissed me off! I'm so sorry to hear about this happening to you. I'm on my second e92 m3 (my first one was keyed like yours, why I traded it in for another) and I get paranoid leaving my car anywhere because of things like this. I recently had a perf carbon spoiler installed and now I'm even more paranoid. I live in mission Viejo and work in irvine where we "thought" it's safe but damn, looks like there's just haters everywhere. Man I'm so sorry to see this happen to you.

Good luck with the repairs, hope it turns out ok.
      12-05-2012, 12:10 PM   #54
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Thanks so much for all of the support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonE92 View Post
Just awful that this happened to you. Looking at the extent of the damage it looks deliberate. Its one thing to walk buy a car and key it.. but this was personal. Someone you know did this IMO. They took their time to cover just about every panel ensuring maximum damage. Its someone you know.
Again the Police Officer thought the same. My office is small and other than very minor office gossip issues we are all degreed/professional/etc. No one knew my car was there besides coworkers and they all also typically leave before 6 p.m. I strongly suggest this happened very late/early. As much as your guess is intelligent, I still think it is random. That randomness is also a very disappointing component of the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnL View Post
sorry to hear this. Out of curiosity, were you taking up two parking spots? or someone else's parking space? I made the mistake of parking in someone else's parking spot and the lady at work parked right next to me and opened her door wide, which resulted in a deep scratch and door dent.
Nope, parked well between all lines, hedges on one side, handicap spot (never used) on the other.
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 12:12 PM   #55
lorinzo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 M3; i3 rex; e46 M3 vert

Horrible!
Best of luck with repairs.
| 2011 M3 Sedan | Le Mans Blue | M-DCT | ZC2 | ZCP | ZP3 | Moonroof | Enhanced Premium Sound | Dinan exhaust | Dinan software | Dinan pulley | Dinan intake | Dinan pedals | Bimmian LED interior | Lux H8 V3 | WeissLicht PY24W LED | 20% tint | IND reflectors | IND front grills | IND key hole cover | IND hood vents | IND M5 mirror covers | Reus Systems audio | Verstraβe shifter paddles | BBS LM 20x9 et 15 and 20x10.5 et 15 | Hankook Ventus V12 255/30/20 and 295/25/20 | Red BBS Racing lug nut kit | H&R Sport springs |
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 01:16 PM   #56
MiamiE93Vert
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 Convertible

This absolutely sucks. The perpetrator clearly had intent to do as much damage as possible. One thing is clear about the perpetrator though, they have never had anything of value that they care about and probably never will. No one that has something they care about would do this to someone else's possessions; too much paranoia that there are other idiots like them in the world to do this to their stuff. Karma...

AA Pulley, Air Filter and Tune - Full Evolve Valvetronic Exhaust - 380/355 Stoptech BBK, BBS FI's and other fun stuff.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 01:17 PM   #57
quadpipes
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 IB,'16 F22 M235i EB

Ouch. And sincere condolences. I would be out of my mind.

Not that this will do u any good at this point, and in fact it may not have stopped the a$$hle that did this, but I always cover my car whenever leaving it in a situation like this. At least it takes a little more time to pull off the cover and may deter the perp.

Best of luck w the new paint job. Keep us posted.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #58
Peahi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 CPE

Damn! Sorry to hear about this man.... This is why I hate driving my car to malls and restaurant parking lots because of gomers doing crap like that.

This is how the keyers need to be dealt with... My apologies in advance to any Kumbaya M3ers out there.

12-05-2012, 01:25 PM   #59
Pontrelli
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

That is some serious hate...any recent arguments or enemies you might have made?

OP has my sympathy.. but honestly, I just dont understand when will people realize they cant leave this beauty on the street like that.

Good luck with the repair..but I fear this is going to take away alot of value from the car..
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #60
Kwando
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

This is why we can't have nice things. Sorry OP. I suggest you look into getting a Blackvue HD dash cam. It can be set up to record when it detects motion when you're away from your car.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #61
808@702
8th BMW, 520th Surfboard
Rep
Drives: My girlfriends crazy!

I had a situation once that went down like this. I was spending the night at my girlfriends house. She has a garage with door, but I just parked in the driveway in front of the garage door. We were cooking dinner and I went outside to get something out of my trunk. When I got to my car there were two high school aged kids standing next to my car, obviously up to no good. When they saw me they started walking away and when I called them they ran. I immediately walked around the entire car and fortunately no damage of any kind. Needless to say I pulled my car into the garage and closed the garage door. The next morning when it was time to go to work when I opened the garage door, a large rock was in the driveway and there was a dent in the garage door. Obviously the rock was thrown at the door. I was so pissed! We called the cops because of the damage to the door (she rents the house). The cop who came told me there had been a rash of vehicle vandalism in the area recently. I gave them a description of the kids and that was that. Lucky I went out to my car when I did. Who knows what would have happened. To this day I keep my eyes open for those punks. It is unfortunate but it a lot of times comes down to being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #62
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontrelli View Post
OP has my sympathy.. but honestly, I just dont understand when will people realize they cant leave this beauty on the street like that.
Thanks, do note that this was a private business location, an office park, basically. My car was not just left "on the street". Now that being said the office park does have 24 hour public street access, no gates, guards, etc.
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 02:13 PM   #63
Pontrelli
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Thanks, do note that this was a private business location, an office park, basically. My car was not just left "on the street". Now that being said the office park does have 24 hour public street access, no gates, guards, etc.
Yea I hear ya..but to me anything outside of a private garage or a private driveway is the street..dont want to belabor this point..you have enough to worry about..GL with everything,
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #64
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

Damn! I'm really sorry to see this. I hope they find the ones responsible. Good luck with everything.

Cheers,

Ersin
      12-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #65
grendel88
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M3

That's sucks, but you are a good dude for not freaking out. Sometimes, crap just happens, and being pissed off does you no good. Everyone hates the saying, but sometimes, "It is what it is."
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 02:42 PM   #66
Mike van D
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: SG X6 35i; MW e92 M3

Sorry to hear OP. hope you get her back to norm as soon as possible.

SMH...some people's children.