BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Mporium BMW

02-04-2017, 12:26 PM   #1
Theodore
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3

Tool Owner's Discussion Thread - Schwaben BMW/Mini Professional Scan Tool

Anyone else purchase the Schwaben BMW/Mini Professional Scan Tool? What have you have used it for and what has your overall experience has been like? I find the back button doesn't work to back out of many of the sub-menus, is there another way to get back to the main menu without restarting the entire unit?

Here are the pros and cons I've experienced:

Pros:
1. Free new battery registration.
2. Service light reset.
3. Error code reading and clearing.
4. Clutch adaption for DCT
5. ABS Pump activation for brake bleeding.
6. Reads # of lifetime battery registrations.
7. Reads # of lifetime brake fluid change service light resets.

Cons:
1. At the time I bought it, ECS Tuning advertised that it would be capable of coding within a few months via a software update. This never materialized.
2. It is not capable of changing the Ah setting for a new battery.
3. The user interface has lots of dead ends where you enter into a sub-menu screen and then find you cannot go back to the main menu, so you have to power down the unit and turn it back on to keep using it.

Last edited by Theodore; 02-23-2017 at 05:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2017, 03:29 PM   #2
mdm9
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Interlagos Blue E90 M3

Garage List
2009 M3  [0.00]
How does the DCT clutch adaptation work? What does the process entail and how long does it take?

I'm interested in having it done on my car, but I only have the Carly BMW scan tool and I don't think it can do it.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2017, 05:01 PM   #3
Theodore
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdm9 View Post
How does the DCT clutch adaptation work? What does the process entail and how long does it take?

I'm interested in having it done on my car, but I only have the Carly BMW scan tool and I don't think it can do it.
You click through a few menus, the tool read out gives you some simple instructions (I think it was put the vehicle in Neutral and keep you foot on the brake), you click the start adaption process button, you feel the transmission move quite a bit as it goes through the adaption process and the entire process is over in about 60 or 90 seconds. There is even a way to view the before adaption and after adaption settings, but I had no concept of what those settings represented so I can't comment on them. I can say that having done this myself, this is a huge money maker for dealerships. If you need to get this done, it's probably worth buying this (or another tool that can do the same thing) rather than pay the dealership to do it.
Appreciate 1
mdm933.50