BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

BPM

11-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #1
cjwb1984
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW Z4 Sdrive35i

Nissan BladeGlider concept

http://www.motortrend.com/future/con...yo_motor_show/

"So why all the hype about a race car-inspired, rocket-shaped, two-door concept that seems as far away from U.S. showrooms as Le Mans' Sarthe Circuit is from Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca? Because Nissan bosses say that this concept hints at an upcoming production version."

This is very interesting. This very much pushes the envelop of a production car. What's fascinating is the application of the in wheel motor. Will NISSAN be the first major company to put this into production. There is a company called Protean Electric who have been developing this kind of technology. And even Michelin has been rethinking for years into developing this kind of tech. There's probably more companies out there that I'm unaware of and ignorant of that's developing and specializes in this venture.

This is one aspect if EVER it hits the road will revolutionize the future of transportation.

I hope these NISSAN bosses prevail and this comes into reality.

Last edited by cjwb1984; 11-10-2013 at 06:05 PM..
Appreciate 0