BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Mporium BMW

04-20-2010, 11:22 AM   #23
westend117
A Priori
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

I suppose one rule for delivery is 'be ready for any delay.' My car has been at the port or VDC for two weeks (tomorrow) and it's still not on a truck.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 05:40 PM   #24
BobsM3Coupe
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by westend117 View Post
I suppose one rule for delivery is 'be ready for any delay.' My car has been at the port or VDC for two weeks (tomorrow) and it's still not on a truck.
That kind of delay often means the vehicle sustained some kind of damage in transit and the wait for parts (especially with the ash cloud) holds up the repair.

When the dealer does get the car, check the car over real carefully before you pay for the car.

Hopefully it's just due to some scheduling problem getting the car from the VPC to where your dealer is located.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 11:09 AM   #25
MEMMEZZ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: MR.E92

Is there anyway to contact the VPC to check on the status of our vehicle?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2011, 02:49 AM   #26
BobsM3Coupe
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yash View Post
Is there anyway to contact the VPC to check on the status of our vehicle?
Your dealer can contact the VPC.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #27
hammick
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 335d

My car was only at the VDC for a couple days.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 08:02 AM   #28
BMWSpeedFreek
Lt Col. …who can’t wait for his next track day!
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Question - can we pick up our car at the VPC/VDC? Or do we need a dealer to do (shipped)? Thanks!

SF
•'12 E92 M3 Space Grey/M-DCT/ZCP/ZPP/DINAN/ACM Test Pipes/BPM StageII Tune & Coding/M Perf Exhaust, Race seats, Alcantra V2 steering wheel, gloss grills/ModeCarbon GTS wing/GTS DCT Tune, CF int trim, door sills/LUX H8 V3/CSF race oil cooler/Trackspec hood vents/GT4 Rep CF splitter & rotor ducting/Hawk DTC60/KW CS 2way NR/B'world/Hotchkis/Eibach/Apex
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 08:54 AM   #29
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedFreek View Post
Question - can we pick up our car at the VPC/VDC? Or do we need a dealer to do (shipped)? Thanks!

SF
Nope, can't pick your car up at a VPC/VDC. Options are a dealer or PCD. ED also is an option but then the car must be shipped to a dealer or PCD.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 02:57 PM   #30
BMWSpeedFreek
Rep

db -

Thanks, and apologies - don't know what a 'PCD' is...<disregard - just found out what it means>

SF

Last edited by BMWSpeedFreek; 03-06-2012 at 03:00 PM.. Reason: Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #31
SAINT VAN ROCK
///M Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012, E92 DCT M3

Garage List
Informative post, thanks for sharing! Any military personnel out there that coordinated shipment of their vehicle from the VDC to their respective base?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 10:57 PM   #32
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 E92M3 6MT/ZCP/JetBlkFoxRed

What about Canada?

Assuming there are also VPC/VDC in Canada for Canadian orders, right? Where are those located?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 04:35 AM   #33
BMWSpeedFreek
Rep

Ummm don't think so.Only performance center i am aware of is in the States...
•'12 E92 M3 Space Grey/M-DCT/ZCP/ZPP/DINAN/ACM Test Pipes/BPM StageII Tune & Coding/M Perf Exhaust, Race seats, Alcantra V2 steering wheel, gloss grills/ModeCarbon GTS wing/GTS DCT Tune, CF int trim, door sills/LUX H8 V3/CSF race oil cooler/Trackspec hood vents/GT4 Rep CF splitter & rotor ducting/Hawk DTC60/KW CS 2way NR/B'world/Hotchkis/Eibach/Apex
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 10:11 AM   #34
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Ummm don't think so.Only performance center i am aware of is in the States...
I see. Then for Canada orders, cars go on ships... get off ships in Halifax (way East), get on train to go wherever the destination is in Canada. For instance (my case) all the way West to Vancouver, BC; long train ride after a long ship ride

My question is then do Canada cars go directly to the dealership without any "VDC"? Then dealer does whatever they do in pre-delivery inspection and whatnot (I didn't order any dealer option) then can deliver to me?

If that's the case, then it's essentially one less potential "queue" for Canada orders than US? Although the stuff they do at VDC would give me extra comfort in knowing the car is taken care of before actually going in my hands.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 01:53 PM   #35
BMWSpeedFreek
Rep

Actually, as far as I know, BMW has its own ships that carry Euro-produced BMWs west, and US-produced (X5, Z4) BMWs east (so full both ways). So for your car, again, as I understand it, once it arrives in the US, it will be shipped via rail to southern Ontario, then to the province of order. So in that sense, I think it might be possible that Canadian cars do go through the arrival inspection procedure;...or they might just wait to fix anything when the car arrives at the Canadian dealership...sorry can't be more help.

Maybe ask your dealer SA (not salesman) what the process is???

Being from Vancouver myself, I too am interested in what the process is...

***Anyone with specific knowledge of BMW shipping to Canada - please jump in as my knowledge is somewhat limited having never ordered a new BMW for delivery in Canada...
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 11:17 PM   #36
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Actually, as far as I know, BMW has its own ships that carry Euro-produced BMWs west, and US-produced (X5, Z4) BMWs east (so full both ways). So for your car, again, as I understand it, once it arrives in the US, it will be shipped via rail to southern Ontario, then to the province of order. So in that sense, I think it might be possible that Canadian cars do go through the arrival inspection procedure;...or they might just wait to fix anything when the car arrives at the Canadian dealership...sorry can't be more help.

Maybe ask your dealer SA (not salesman) what the process is???

Being from Vancouver myself, I too am interested in what the process is...

***Anyone with specific knowledge of BMW shipping to Canada - please jump in as my knowledge is somewhat limited having never ordered a new BMW for delivery in Canada...
Hmm... interesting, your post is the first that I see (from my searches thus far prior to my posting) that suggests Canada-bound BMWs get off ships in US and then brought into Canada. Do you just "guess" that is what happens? Or you have something to base that suggestion on?

Actually you are also the first that I see that suggests BMW has its own ships... that's kind of hard to believe... again, is that pure "guess"?

The reason I doubt Canada-bound deliveries get into US first is of the export/import procedure; wouldn't that require import into US then export from US into Canada?! Kinda weird to me.

The ship from the German port does stop at several ports including some in other European ports, then cross the Atlantic port at Halifax (where others say the Canada-bound cars get off the ship); then ship moves on to NY port, etc.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 01:32 PM   #37
6spdg37s
Captain
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
It says two days through at the quickest, but mine went in at midnight and was done by 11:28 pm same day.
where did you find this info ?
Appreciate 0