BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

EXXEL Distributions

06-21-2023, 10:47 AM   #1
M3E90sedan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3 6MT

Fall Line end links with Hotchkis sway bar trouble

Does anyone run Hotchkis sway bars and Fall Line end links? I have installed both front and rear Hotchkis sway bars and have Fall Line adjustable E9X M3 end links ready to go on. However, when attempting to mount the end link to the sway bar I cannot get the nut to tighten down correctly because there is not enough threads to engage before the nut is against the sway bar. Tightening from here will strip the end link hardware.

I know many people with Hotchkis run SPL but I want to use Fall Line instead as every other suspension component I have is Fall Line. I know other people running Fall Line end links with Hotchkis sway bars with no issues. I called Fall Line and they said they have never had an issue with their end links being paired with Hotchkis. However, they did say to drop the inside washer to allow for more thread to poke through the sway bar mount. I still do not think this will be enough as the little nylon ring in the nut will hardly be engaged with the thread on the end link. The only thing I can think of is the end link hardware being too short.

Has anyone else had this issue? Or is there a trick I am missing?

Thanks for any help!
Name:  IMG_0099.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  93.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0098.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  104.8 KB