BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery
 
EXXEL Distributions
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-07-2020, 05:43 PM   #89
dmitriyo
overnight engineer
102
Rep
127
Posts

Drives: 2010 E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: LA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvevo View Post
Have you tried Ferodo DS2500 pads? Are the TS20 similar to Ferodo DS2500?

Thanks,
I have not..
but here is a good reference! Looks like the TS20 is just a bit better, but probably very similar.

https://www.racetechnologies.com/brake-pad-comparison
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2020, 10:18 PM   #90
Drifter2090
Major
Drifter2090's Avatar
Canada
386
Rep
1,493
Posts

Drives: E90 M3 | E92 335i | E53 X5 3.0
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitriyo View Post
Dialing it further. time for a second set of wheels and nice rubber.

The MCSs are great at whatever setting I have them at now (lost track, need to document) and the Brembo are always there.

Its coming together. will get updated wheel/tire combo for the track and keep pushing on the engine stuff.

Really need to tryout the GTS trans flash.

Damn yeah! You can do it for free with inpa, takes 10 mins!

It was a huge improvement on my dct e90
__________________
SS2-NB E90 M3 6MT
MB-OY E90 335d / Sport / Individual / Premium / JBD
E53 X5 3.0 / Sport Two Tone / 4.4 Mufflers / 4.8is Heated wheel / Side Steps / LCI Tails
AW-FR E90 M3 DCT / ACM / IND / AutoTecknic / K&N / H&R / Bilstein - SOLD
SG-CR E92 335i 6MT / AG M359 / MHD / HPF / BMS / Synapse / KW / DBV2 / Remus - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 08:24 PM   #91
dmitriyo
overnight engineer
102
Rep
127
Posts

Drives: 2010 E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: LA

iTrader: (2)

Latest oil report with a history of others. All are Motul 300v 15w50, all 5k, most have a track day or two within the period, otherwise all daily driving.

The car is at 141k now and I did a whole fluid service and waterpump change.

Those of you running underdrive pulleys - make note of the belts used! They are not factory length for obvious reasons (as I learned, since the car came with a Dinan underdrive puley, and I didnt notice)... that was fun to hunt down as my belts were worn as well.

Im trying out Motul 300v 20W60 now
Ive got Motul Multi DCTF in the transmission now and Moltul Gear Oil.

Check out the report!

also made an IG for the car build - SSE90M3 - follow along there.. nothing crazy but itll be all bmw related.


Appreciate 1
      03-24-2020, 03:39 PM   #92
72carbon
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW M2
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Philadelphia, PA

iTrader: (0)

Awesome build so far!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 02:27 PM   #93
dmitriyo
overnight engineer
102
Rep
127
Posts

Drives: 2010 E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: LA

iTrader: (2)

Made a video of a fluid change... just for fun as photo/video is a passion of mine.

Ran out of patience with doing everything once i got finished with draining fluids, removing/cleaning the DCT filters and pan.. and that waterpump.

Appreciate 4
      03-25-2020, 07:30 PM   #94
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
reidetailing's Avatar
Canada
106
Rep
153
Posts

Drives: 2008 SS E90 M3,2013 Subaru STi
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (2)

I enjoyed the video Dmitriy, this is screamer from Instagram btw
__________________
Instagram: @screamer
- 2013 Subaru STi Hatch - White - Racecar
- 2008 BMW E90 M3 - Silverstone - Weekend Car
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 10:35 PM   #95
s0ldats
Private First Class
16
Rep
167
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3 stripper
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: socal

iTrader: (0)

loved the video!

any pro tips for changing the water pump? did you do a full coolant flush and fill as well?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 12:00 AM   #96
dmitriyo
overnight engineer
102
Rep
127
Posts

Drives: 2010 E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: LA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ldats View Post
loved the video!

any pro tips for changing the water pump? did you do a full coolant flush and fill as well?
nothing pro here hah..

some thoughts:
I didnt want to drain everything as coolant is fairly fresh, in hindsight shouldve just yanked the right hoses to get the fan shroud out for more room.

If you can do that - do that. Only thing is some of those hoses are really hard to remove with the way BMW has those plastic fittings. I was worried about breaking them.

If you get the fan shroud out, loosening the tensioner on the forward belt is easier, and then getting the other belt managed is easier as well.

Only annoying thing is that the water pump pulley is so tight against an oil line that you cant get the belt by. Before you do anything, loosen the water pump pulley bolts, while everything is under tension. Then you can get the belt out, then you get the pulley out (still had to disconnect a small coolant line) and then get to the water pump.

Do the thermostat too while you are at.. i didnt do it on mine, but you are so far along, that it makes sense.

Just get that fan out.. saves a lot of cursing.
Appreciate 1
s0ldats16.00

      03-26-2020, 12:10 AM   #97
s0ldats
Private First Class
16
Rep
167
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3 stripper
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: socal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitriyo View Post
nothing pro here hah..

some thoughts:
I didnt want to drain everything as coolant is fairly fresh, in hindsight shouldve just yanked the right hoses to get the fan shroud out for more room.

If you can do that - do that. Only thing is some of those hoses are really hard to remove with the way BMW has those plastic fittings. I was worried about breaking them.

If you get the fan shroud out, loosening the tensioner on the forward belt is easier, and then getting the other belt managed is easier as well.

Only annoying thing is that the water pump pulley is so tight against an oil line that you cant get the belt by. Before you do anything, loosen the water pump pulley bolts, while everything is under tension. Then you can get the belt out, then you get the pulley out (still had to disconnect a small coolant line) and then get to the water pump.

Do the thermostat too while you are at.. i didnt do it on mine, but you are so far along, that it makes sense.

Just get that fan out.. saves a lot of cursing.
this helps immensely, thank you!

when you did the CSF upgrades, did you also open the block drain coolant passages in the back of the block or just whatever drained out from the front end?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 01:08 AM   #98
dmitriyo
overnight engineer
102
Rep
127
Posts

Drives: 2010 E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: LA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ldats View Post
this helps immensely, thank you!

when you did the CSF upgrades, did you also open the block drain coolant passages in the back of the block or just whatever drained out from the front end?
Whatever drained out. It drained out very clean, so either a flush was done recently or its just stayed clean when I did the CSF stfff. This last time the fluid was like new as well so I didnt think a full flush was needed.
Appreciate 1
s0ldats16.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bmw, csl, e90 m3, e90m3, e9x m3, lsl

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:32 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST