BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

BPM

02-27-2020, 08:11 AM   #661
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by other_evolved View Post
But why the focus on MX City? Our ports and entry points are open to travelers from all over the world. Are we advocating for a closed border everywhere?
It's the gateway to a soft point of entry. It's the same strategy employed with regard to terrorists entering the country from Mexico.

The distance can be traversed in less than a day to a location proximal to the border and a crossing arranged, thereafter.

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 08:25 AM   #662
adc100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Coronavirus meet Trump's fall guy, Mike Pence.
Corona meet the ahole Democratic party that is putting all their hopes on discrediting trump (who closed our border 4 weeks ago) to pull the Dems out their pre election shithole. Shameful people (with extreme TDS)like you buy into it. I thank God that I was born with a brain.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 08:27 AM   #663
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 F150, 19 S5 SB 19 ZL1 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Your level of reading comprehension is clearly very low.

Step One. Infected person flies to Mexico City from another country.
Step Two. Infected person travels to the border infecting others along the way.
Step Three. Infected person along with their infected cohort make their way into the US, thereby bringing the virus, along with a whole host of additional infected into the country.
Step Four. Infection is spread throughout the border region and works its way into the central parts of the country.

I don't even know why I try.
I honestly thought you were being serious in this thread about this subject. With your often spoke of credentials/qualifications/common sense you know this is meaningless. And it would show up pretty quickly data wise.

How many tens of thousands of people have come through airports in LA, San Diego, San Fran, Seattle, Dallas/Fort, Atlanta etc etc directly into the country for weeks now? This isn't even counting merchant ships/ports on all of the coasts that interact with thousands of others.

The only reasons to bring up the Mexico City/illegal immigration angle in this thread is obvious to see.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 08:28 AM   #664
adc100
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Your level of reading comprehension is clearly very low.

Step One. Infected person flies to Mexico City from another country.
Step Two. Infected person travels to the border infecting others along the way.
Step Three. Infected person along with their infected cohort make their way into the US, thereby bringing the virus, along with a whole host of additional infected into the country.
Step Four. Infection is spread throughout the border region and works its way into the central parts of the country.

I don't even know why I try.
I don't know either.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 08:30 AM   #665
adc100
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
How many tens of thousands of people have come through airports in LA, San Diego, San Fran, Seattle, Dallas/Fort, Atlanta etc etc directly into the country for weeks now? This isn't even counting merchant ships ports on all of the Coasts that interact with thousands of others.

The only reasons to bring up the Mexico City/illegal immigration angle in this thread is obvious to see.
Anything that shows illegal immigration is bad upsets you doesn't it? Sorry
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 08:34 AM   #666
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Anything that shows illegal immigration is bad upsets you doesn't it? Sorry
No, scapegoating and blaming innocent people for every problem in the world does though.

I'm sorry your brain is so filled with hate, it blinds you to common sense at times and leads to comments/streams of thought like these from you.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 08:36 AM   #667
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Corona meet the ahole Democratic party that is putting all their hopes on discrediting trump (who closed our border 4 weeks ago) to pull the Dems out their pre election shithole. Shameful people (with extreme TDS)like you buy into it. I thank God that I was born with a brain.
He closed the border?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 08:38 AM   #668
other_evolved
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 Chevrolet SS

Quote:
He didnít close our border. He blocked Chinese nationals from coming in by plane. People are still traveling back and forth between Asia and the us.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 08:44 AM   #669
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
I honestly thought you were being serious in this thread about this subject. With your often spoke of credentials/qualifications/common sense you know this is meaningless. And it would show up pretty quickly data wise.

How many tens of thousands of people have come through airports in LA, San Diego, San Fran, Seattle, Dallas/Fort, Atlanta etc etc directly into the country for weeks now? This isn't even counting merchant ships/ports on all of the coasts that interact with thousands of others.

I'm providing a plausible reason and demonstrated why it is plausible. You are, once again, going the hurt liberal route.

And nothing shows up quickly data wise in this outbreak, as we know. They don't have a handle on this, globally and to er on the side of caution is the smart move.

Once again, what are you talking about?

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 08:54 AM   #670
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm providing a plausible reason and demonstrated why it is plausible. You are, once again, going the hurt liberal route.

And nothing shows up quickly data wise in this outbreak, as we know. They don't have a handle on this, globally and to er on the side of caution is the smart move.

Once again, what are you talking about?
This has nothing to do with politics on my side. It obviously does on your side and the posters comments you are supporting/doubling down on.

Millions of people coming directly into the US (via airports/shipping ports) for weeks from affected countries and people in contact with those from affected countries................................compared to maybe a few thousand over this timeframe from the scenario you guys are harping on. As usual, who is being emotional/political and other things?

Regardless, as I said earlier, which you also know it doesn't really matter anymore. It is here and it is going to spread nationwide (worldwide) no matter what the US does to try and stop it. It is far too late in the game.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 09:06 AM   #671
adc100
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
No, scapegoating and blaming innocent people for every problem in the world does though.
Innocent?? They are breaking the law. Sorry I forgot you were a illegal loving lib.

Quote:
I'm sorry your brain is so filled with hate, it blinds you to common sense at times and leads to comments/streams of thought like these from you.
Yes I hate illegals that break the rule of law. And in doing so take money out of my pocket. Glad you are happy to support them.
Quote:
This has nothing to do with politics on my side. It obviously does on your side and the posters comments you are supporting/doubling down on .
Illegal immigration is about politics??...hmmm
Carry on dude
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 09:16 AM   #672
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Innocent?? They are breaking the law. Sorry I forgot you were a illegal loving lib.

Yes I hate illegals that break the rule of law. And in doing so take money out of my pocket. Glad you are happy to support them.

Illegal immigration is about politics??...hmmm
Carry on dude
As I thought and it looks like we agree, you really aren't talking about the coronavirus in your posts.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 09:16 AM   #673
NickyC
Major General
Rep
Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(

Guys this really has nothing to do with illegals. Yes they shouldn’t be here but that’s not the point. The point is regardless of illegal immigration the virus is already here and would have got here anyway even if a single illegal hadn’t crossed our border in the last two months. Roughly five MILLION people left Wuhan before they locked it down, and with an incubation period of 14-28 days this thing is absolutely unstoppable and will be in your life soon one way or another.

The planet is too interconnected now and flights are still leaving China and coming here, just as they have since this thing started. The shit can live on smooth surfaces for up to a week apparently, so many of the Chinese goods we receive will likely still have the virus in a contagious form on them.

Bottom line we’re dealing with a bio weapon that has escaped containment. We are not stopping it at this point, our only hope is that it mutates to a common flu type illness or a vaccine is developed.
Appreciate 5
minn196614.00
MKSixer20189.00

02-27-2020, 09:17 AM   #674
Conissah
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2C

Quote:

You don't speed, that's breaking the law...? I'm sure you break multiple laws every day. Does this mean I get to hate you?

How do they take money out of your pocket? As long as they are paid properly by their employer, they pay taxes just like the rest of us. If they are paid in cash under the table, it's usually for far less than a competitive wage and in an undesirable job, and even then the employer is to blame for the shady practices.

I'm not happy to support anyone, I worked my ass off to be where I'm at, and seeing massive chunks of my paycheck disappear sucks. But we all have to do it, and without it nothing would function.

It's not my place to judge. The person on disability needs money more than I do. The homeless man on the corner surely needs a couple dollars more than I do. The people being supported my medicare and medicaid need that more than I do. Blindly hating a group of people simply because they're from another country is stupid and ignorant.

All of my questions are rhetorical. This is off topic of the rest of the thread.
Appreciate 1
minn196614.00

02-27-2020, 09:37 AM   #675
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: a light twin from Boeing.

On the plus side, if you drive a Tesla you're "sort of" protected?

https://jalopnik.com/can-a-teslas-bi...-th-1841918804
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 09:47 AM   #676
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
This has nothing to do with politics on my side. It obviously does on your side and the posters comments you are supporting/doubling down on.

Millions of people coming directly into the US (via airports/shipping ports) for weeks from affected countries and people in contact with those from affected countries................................compared to maybe a few thousand over this timeframe from the scenario you guys are harping on. As usual, who is being emotional/political and other things?

Regardless, as I said earlier, which you also know it doesn't really matter anymore. It is here and it is going to spread nationwide (worldwide) no matter what the US does to try and stop it. It is far too late in the game.
I believe in the rule of law. Period. End of story. Do you believe in the rule of law?

If so, you should be on my side. But you don't.

And the scenario I listed is commonly the first one listed for any incursion from the southern border be it weapons, illegal drugs, human trafficking, biological contamination, etc. Why are you saying that it is emotional when it is, in fact, 100 percent factual?

I also don't believe that it's too late to stop it, though it is here. Do you know how long ago the country started preparing for this? Actual prep, not general conditions.

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 09:48 AM   #677
Dagamus_NM
Captain
Rep
Drives: '17 x1, '10 m3, '91 332iC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Guys this really has nothing to do with illegals. Yes they shouldnít be here but thatís not the point. The point is regardless of illegal immigration the virus is already here and would have got here anyway even if a single illegal hadnít crossed our border in the last two months. Roughly five MILLION people left Wuhan before they locked it down, and with an incubation period of 14-28 days this thing is absolutely unstoppable and will be in your life soon one way or another.

The planet is too interconnected now and flights are still leaving China and coming here, just as they have since this thing started. The shit can live on smooth surfaces for up to a week apparently, so many of the Chinese goods we receive will likely still have the virus in a contagious form on them.

Bottom line weíre dealing with a bio weapon that has escaped containment. We are not stopping it at this point, our only hope is that it mutates to a common flu type illness or a vaccine is developed.
This is correct. We are dealing with an exponential growth situation here.

As it is transmissible before symptoms manifest we really should be referring to it as a latent period rather than an incubation period. The numbers might be low right now in several countries but they are going to grow a ton in the coming months.
Appreciate 2
NickyC5830.00
minn196614.00

02-27-2020, 10:20 AM   #678
Eriphill
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i

I love the arc of this thread. It has gone from "You guys are cOnsPirAcY TheoRIsts" on January 24th to today 'Its already here and going to effect everyone and we can't do anything about it...and its Trump's fault" Bahahahahaha and the usual suspects Captain and Minn liked this guys post Jan 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe240 View Post
Oh we’re doing conspiracies on the forum now? Cool!

Chinese government got tired of the bad publicity of the riots and citizens going “missing” by unmarked “police officers” and couldn’t continue this path to control these riots. Introduce the CORONAVIRUS (bioweapon) that rapidly spreads and has a low mortality rate, but just high enough to scare people around the world so the Chinese government can quarantine their people to stop the spread of the virus, when in reality if someone tries to leave quarantine to go riot in Beijing, the government can kill them and say it was justified to stop the spread of the virus.

Did I do it right? Did I start a conspiracy theory properly?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 10:20 AM   #679
NickyC
Major General
Rep
Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(

More on similarities with HIV.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/soci...scientists-say
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 10:30 AM   #680
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriphill View Post
I love the arc of this thread. It has gone from "You guys are cOnsPirAcY TheoRIsts" on January 24th to today 'Its already here and going to effect everyone and we can't do anything about it...and its Trump's fault" Bahahahahaha and the usual suspects Captain and Minn liked this guys post Jan 24
The conspiracy theories had nothing to do with the eventual worldwide spread of the virus. It was many other things to it being a bio weapon to another thing to try and take Trump down. Unsurprisingly you can’t differentiate between those topics.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 10:32 AM   #681
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I believe in the rule of law. Period. End of story. Do you believe in the rule of law?

If so, you should be on my side. But you don't.

And the scenario I listed is commonly the first one listed for any incursion from the southern border be it weapons, illegal drugs, human trafficking, biological contamination, etc. Why are you saying that it is emotional when it is, in fact, 100 percent factual?

I also don't believe that it's too late to stop it, though it is here. Do you know how long ago the country started preparing for this? Actual prep, not general conditions.
I donít even know where to start with this. Iíll leave it at that and my previous posts to you on the subject.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 10:47 AM   #682
adc100
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
You don't speed, that's breaking the law...? I'm sure you break multiple laws every day. Does this mean I get to hate you?
I don't break criminal laws

Quote:
How do they take money out of your pocket? As long as they are paid properly by their employer, they pay taxes just like the rest of us. If they are paid in cash under the table, it's usually for far less than a competitive wage and in an undesirable job, and even then the employer is to blame for the shady practices.
I can't believe anyone can be this clueless...https://www.irli.org/post/2017/09/27...SAAEgIKXvD_BwE

Quote:
It's not my place to judge. The person on disability needs money more than I do. The homeless man on the corner surely needs a couple dollars more than I do. The people being supported my medicare and medicaid need that more than I do. Blindly hating a group of people simply because they're from another country is stupid and ignorant.
You are comparing people on medicare to illegal aliens...you must be coming from an alternate. Its scary people can think this way.

Quote:
I don’t even know where to start with this. I’ll leave it at that and my previous posts to you on the subject.
If I had dug myself a hole like you have and don't know how to dig out..I completely understand your problem
Appreciate 0