BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

EXXEL Distributions

11-22-2017, 01:26 AM   #1
CheetoNYC
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT

Anyone know this E92 M3 in Pensacola area?

Just went on sale at Fort Walton BMW. Some light mods and cosmetics done, so just looking to know if it was heavily modified and it if should be avoided for any reason?

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ink=true&Log=0
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2017, 06:36 AM   #2
last1left
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

I would be leery purchasing any vehicle in Florida because of the storms they have check it out thoroughly. It looks good though
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2017, 11:11 AM   #3
CheetoNYC
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by last1left View Post
I would be leery purchasing any vehicle in Florida because of the storms they have check it out thoroughly. It looks good though
The insurance company sent almost all of those flooded cars straight to auction so they could be ANYWHERE. Plus, it's at an official BMW dealer so that would reduce the risk pretty significantly.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2017, 03:33 PM   #4
Three Pedal Steve
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 coupe' 6mt

Garage List
Are the mods just cosmetic?

With most cars I would say avoid a car with mods. But with M3's it is a different situation. The forum members truly love their M3's and like to individualize them. Like cosmetic trim. Even suspension and engine mods may be okay but I want to talk with the original owner to get a sense of his passion. Sometimes these mod cars have had better maintenance.

My advise to potential buyers- Invest in a preventative r/b replacement at an indy shop that has done at least five others. Next, get an extra set of T/A's and keep them in the car. Easy job but hard to find parts in small town America. These e9x M3 are basically indestructible. After all they were built for the riggers of competition.

memories: '71 2002 (new), '72 Bavaria, '74 2002tii, '00 540i Sport
Appreciate 0