BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

BPM

03-27-2021, 02:21 PM   #1
dpilat8588
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
Weak sound from drivers side front tweeter/mid

I have a 2010 M3 with the enhanced premium sound. Lately, I have noticed poor performance from the driver side front tweeter and mid on the door panel. These speakers do produce sound, but they do not play as loud (or produce as high of frequencies) as my passenger side tweeter/mid. As a test, I put the fade all the way to the front and then changed the balance between left and right. The left (drivers side) tweeter/mid is noticeably weaker. I do believe I am due for a new battery, as I have gotten the increased battery discharge alarm recently. Could a weak battery be the cause of my audio issue. I know a weak battery has been known to cause strange issues on these M3’s. If not the battery, what else could be causing this audio issue?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2021, 01:26 PM   #2
Porkchop77
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d E93

Have you got water in your boot? My E93 got a wet amp from the drain plugs being blocked and the speakers sounded a bit fizzy.
Appreciate 0