BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

08-11-2018, 07:57 PM   #1
LostPanda
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' E92 M3 , 02' E46 M3

Maintenance Work

So I had nothing on the schedule today, got some time to enjoy my day off and do maintenace. Did an Alex/Alpine tune last night, night and day difference. Love the low and mid torque, and stiffened steering. Awaiting to do Euro MDM monday evening. Got an oil change recently, been chasing that perfect oil level, hence the bottle on the left. Nail in tire got fixed last night as well (FML). Now onto the Spark Plugs! Torqued at 22 ft. Lbs. Here are the old sets. It wasn't too difficult of a job, the time consuming part was getting the panels off and pulling the coils. I just used a large flathead and cantilevered it til i got the 'pop' to pull them out. After that the most difficult part was the rear plugs, but luckily; I'm asian... and have dexterous hands... >_>. Anywho, #4 was so much easier than #8. Although, I've heard the majority was the opposite. Took me about 3 hours, about an hour of it trying to figure out my new digital torque wrench and 45 minutes of that was looking for the right sockets, adapters, and extensions. Sounds like this could be a general post, but we're going on about plugs. After i got it out, it seem like this set has been in there for quite some time due to some thick build up on the electrodes. Afterwards, with the oil change, tune, new spark plugs. Emory is quite a different animal and I quite enjoy it. Thanks for reading!

Spark plugs at 61600 mi ( looks like theyve been replaced before me owning it hence NGKs)
4 8
3 7
2 6
1 5
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-11-2018, 09:22 PM   #2
shimmy23
F15 daddymobile
Rep
Drives: GS X5

Nice work! Did you notice a difference going to new plugs?
      08-11-2018, 10:07 PM   #3
LostPanda
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' E92 M3 , 02' E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmy23 View Post
Nice work! Did you notice a difference going to new plugs?
Most definitely. Starts up and idles a lot smoother. Also shifting in low rpms, it doesnt stutter as harsh as it used to if i come off the clutch a little too quick. Its pretty noticable quite honestly. I suggest changing out plugs if you havent in the past 30000 miles or if it feel sluggish.
Appreciate 0