BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

06-06-2018, 08:38 PM   #23
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by B8bydesign View Post

Unfortunately it's been proven to not really help on our cars: https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...on-for-N-A-RS4
Ok. Maybe for the Audi. But water meth works on N/A E9xM3. I have been running water meth with a piggyback controller for 4 years. Timing goes from 32 to 37 target when flowing, which is about the same as 100 octane allows. The E9xM3 has port injection so no goo and carbon issues but a port injection water meth system should help on a DI car — some new DI cars have added port fuel injection for this reason. I run port water meth on my turbo 99M3, again for power not carbon reduction since it’s port injection. One nozzle in each manifold runner. Of course that is cheap and easy compared to trying to add a nozzle to ITB air horns, but that can and has been done (at least on the E9xM3).
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 06:54 AM   #24
DerEisbaer
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & VW Golf Mk2

B7 RS4 is a great car. My mechanic and good friend has an orange Avant with individual leather (orange as well) owns one for 2 or 3 years now.
Very well equipped - and they are a tiny bit cheaper to purchase than the E9x M3s (at least here in Germany).

He cleaned the engine from Carbon buildup recently, fitted a Milltek cat-back and (being a KW Dealer) installed a KW V3 due to the original suspension failing on him. The car has similar mileage as my E92 and funny enough, on a long, flat stretch of German Autobahn they were nearly identical (3rd gear from 90km/h, both cars with 2 passengers). As the B7 came as manual only, my DCT gave a slight advantage during shifting, but the add. torque of the 4.2l was recognizable.
In corners, the higher center of gravity along with the Quattro concept make the car feel not as nimble as any M3.

Still a great car and really like the sound, feel and appearance! An actual contender to the E9x M3
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2018, 03:56 AM   #25
Jaw
Rep
Drives: Z4m roadster

I wanted to love the B7, the torque, the sound was great and I found the perfect example.

But the body roll, the understeering, the numb feeling - I just couldn't fall in love with it..
Appreciate 0