BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-17-2020, 11:00 AM   #1
lowkey_domm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3, 2012 E70 X5D

Slonik Big Brake Kit - help

Hey guys,

After doing some research I came across the "Slonik kit" they look to be an *Russian company and customer service looks poor.
I'm looking for some more information regarding the kit upgrade for the e92 chassis. I couldn't really find anything on the forums, maybe someone can drop a link where this has already been discussed?

My main question is it looks like there are fitment issues with this kit. I want to run the 6 piston front with F80 rotors upgrades. Their kit comes with the "required brackets" but I couldn't read any factual info on the install of this kit.

Currently I mostly run canyons on the weekend and the brakes are starting to be a soft spot on the car, I've read about different pads but it feels to me like swapping pads are more of a band aid instead of actually addressing / fixing the issue.

Thanks,
Dom
Attached Images

Last edited by lowkey_domm; 05-18-2020 at 12:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 11:07 AM   #2
lowkey_domm
Second Lieutenant
Rep

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showth...nik+kit&page=8

This was all I've found.
      05-17-2020, 11:21 AM   #3
Bimmer Barney
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E90M ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowkey_domm View Post
The kits takes the brembo caliper off the Camaro zl1/c7 corvette (same caliper is used on a number of other cars as OEM too). The caller is modified to fit out cars. Very few fitment issues, in fact most fit perfect like mine did. The work is top notch and the finishes or beautiful.

There are better options out there for a BBK, but this was the right price and a noticeable improvement on my car.

Slon Workshop is in Russia. They have a reputation for poor communication. On the group buy I participated in, it got so bad that a couple of us had to get refunds from PayPal. I ended up getting my parts in the end.
      05-17-2020, 01:26 PM   #4
m3_tristan
Be Original.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Bimmer Barney is correct. But my experience with slon has been great. I have his front and rear on my oem rotors and they fit no problem.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      05-17-2020, 01:52 PM   #5
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Barney View Post
Quote:
The kits takes the brembo caliper off the Camaro zl1/c7 corvette (same caliper is used on a number of other cars as OEM too). The caller is modified to fit out cars. Very few fitment issues, in fact most fit perfect like mine did. The work is top notch and the finishes or beautiful.

There are better options out there for a BBK, but this was the right price and a noticeable improvement on my car.

Slon Workshop is in Russia. They have a reputation for poor communication. On the group buy I participated in, it got so bad that a couple of us had to get refunds from PayPal. I ended up getting my parts in the end.
Out of curiosity, those that got refunded but ultimately got their parts. Did you remit payment back upon receipt?
      05-17-2020, 01:57 PM   #6
Bimmer Barney
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E90M ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRLane View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Out of curiosity, those that got refunded but ultimately got their parts. Did you remit payment back upon receipt?
I did
      05-17-2020, 02:08 PM   #7
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Slonik's stuff is top notch. You may have issues with communication but his stuff delivers!
Appreciate 1
      05-17-2020, 03:52 PM   #8
JsL
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW M3 ZCP

There's no denying a few people got screwed on this and his communication is terrible. However, the parts are high quality. I don't know what happened with that one set that had fitment issues. I really wished it would have worked out for everyone and this was a readily available kit for our platform.

I have the front kit with F80 rotors. For the rear, I purchased a set of F80 rear calipers, sent it to Slon in Russia to 100% paint match the fronts, and he sent it back.

I'm happy with them and they serve my needs.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      05-17-2020, 04:45 PM   #9
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsL View Post
There's no denying a few people got screwed on this and his communication is terrible. However, the parts are high quality. I don't know what happened with that one set that had fitment issues. I really wished it would have worked out for everyone and this was a readily available kit for our platform.

I have the front kit with F80 rotors. For the rear, I purchased a set of F80 rear calipers, sent it to Slon in Russia to 100% paint match the fronts, and he sent it back.

Where did those front calipers come from?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 06:13 PM   #10
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I did
Glad to hear it!

I can completely appreciate the frustration for those that dropped ~$4k and found the communication to be lacking, but I also know some can be widely unreasonable especially when ordering something from across the globe. I strongly considered his kits when looking for a BBK, but been really happy with the user ST kit on and off the track.

From what I've heard, everyone that's does direct business with Slonik has had a positive experience. Group buys generally bring a discounted mindset with the expectation of a non-discounted experience.
      05-17-2020, 08:13 PM   #11
lowkey_domm
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Any chance whats the best way to get a hold of him and order a front kit for my car? Im down to wait and do all the business with Paypal. Price is worth it for what you're getting I feel.
      05-17-2020, 08:15 PM   #12
lowkey_domm
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

I saw your group buy experience and thats what lead me to believe it wasn't worth the effort. But after seeing peoples reaction here I'll take my chances. I would prefer to run the slonik bbk front with f80 rotors. How can I contact and play order? Did you have a shop install or yourself? Direct fit no machining or additional parts needed other than what came with the kit?
      05-17-2020, 09:11 PM   #13
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep

Quote:
Glad to hear it!

I can completely appreciate the frustration for those that dropped ~$4k and found the communication to be lacking, but I also know some can be widely unreasonable especially when ordering something from across the globe. I strongly considered his kits when looking for a BBK, but been really happy with the user ST kit on and off the track.

From what I've heard, everyone that's does direct business with Slonik has had a positive experience. Group buys generally bring a discounted mindset with the expectation of a non-discounted experience.
i like what you said about discounted price with non discounted service

It's also true that joe six pack does have a reasonable expectation to enter a group buy and have a good conclusion.
Group buys are more work than people recognize. When I did the Karbonius airbox one it took over a year to deliver all 40 plenums. A year!!!

The last order I did to slonik, a few weeks ago, I sent paypal as friends and family. Zero concerns of any kind. He does not steal people's money

You can order/contact him straight through ebay:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...s+pfc&_sacat=0
Appreciate 1
DRLane3988.50
      05-17-2020, 09:28 PM   #14
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Quote:
Glad to hear it!

i like what you said about discounted price with non discounted service

It's also true that joe six pack does have a reasonable expectation to enter a group buy and have a good conclusion.
Group buys are more work than people recognize. When I did the Karbonius airbox one it took over a year to deliver all 40 plenums. A year!!!

The last order I did to slonik, a few weeks ago, I sent paypal as friends and family. Zero concerns of any kind. He does not steal people's money

You can order/contact him straight through ebay:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...c&_sacat=0
I always fear for businesses running campaigns and Groupon type deals. I understand they're effectively advertising campaigns vs revenue generating, but the customers you attract are generally not the ones you want.

What you organized with the Karbonius buy was a feat and with the followup part distribution a double feat. Hats off to you! If I weren't running a Harrop SC I'd be on that train all day.

I joined a group buy for some custom M3 floor mats from the Australian sub forum. They took around 6 months but came through in the end. And they weren't cheap. I know it's hard when you're giddy but almost need to buy and put it out of your mind.
      05-17-2020, 10:12 PM   #15
e90m3808
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

https://futureclassic.us/collections...it-bracket-set

Interesting option for F8X CCB or M2C brakes
Appreciate 1
      05-17-2020, 10:44 PM   #16
JsL
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Where did those front calipers come from?
The fronts are the calipers I ordered from Slon.

The rears I sourced myself, sent to Russia for painting and received them back.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 12:28 AM   #17
lowkey_domm
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

I messaged Slon via Ebay, how exactly did you go about ordering the front brembo brake kit as well as payment? I saw someone said as friends on paypal Id rather do goods and services myself. I wanted to speak with him first before placing the order because I need a specific color for the caliper and wanted to talk pricing?
      05-18-2020, 12:57 AM   #18
JsL
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I messaged Slon via Ebay, how exactly did you go about ordering the front brembo brake kit as well as payment? I saw someone said as friends on paypal Id rather do goods and services myself. I wanted to speak with him first before placing the order because I need a specific color for the caliper and wanted to talk pricing?
There was a group buy thread that got deleted. I contacted him through there and PMs.

I paid through PayPal, goods and services.

When I was ordering, he asks what color you want your calipers painted.
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2020, 06:49 AM   #19
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep

Quote:
He will answer through ebay and email/whatsapp you if needed
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 06:50 AM   #20
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep

Quote:

They look very sweet!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 09:33 AM   #21
Silos
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

As someone who has nothing nice to say about Slonik, make sure you deal with him through eBay and PayPal as an insurance -- I understand he may have been a bit busy with the large order we put, and I also understand that he is not someone who would steal your money, but what I don't understand is how someone couldn't take the 30 seconds to respond to a forum where he could have saved himself the headache of having to answer us all individually (which he never even did).

Also, I read of someone recently, whose kit didn't fit and now they either have to work with him again and wait months or find someone who is willing to make them new brackets.

This is sadly, the price to pay when you want to save.

Last edited by Silos; 05-18-2020 at 10:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 08:51 AM   #22
SSJVegita
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 BMW M3

Hey guys I have a old Slonik brembo kit on my e92 and need new rotors. I can't find any part numbers on the rotors I got. They don't really look like brembo either so I have no idea what rotor is on my car. Regardless I wanna replace them does anyone know a good rotor from stoptech or even brembo that most definitely work on this set up that I can order.

Heard a couple of you guys talk about f80 rotors with the Slonik brembo kit. Is that true? Can I just buy fronts and rears and it's a direct bolt on? I'd rather keep the floating discs but at this point I'll take anything as I get bad vibration when braking hard and need this resolved.
Appreciate 0