BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

BPM

12-07-2018, 04:51 PM   #1
max20
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw m3 e93 coupe dct

M3 e92 Cold start and cooling/fan issues help!

Hi guys newbie here with some issues!

Been searching the web for some help but seems to be limited so here I am!
Recently bought a m3 e92 dct 08 reg - lovely car

Before I make note of the issues - car has a eissenmann back box and xpipe and apparently stage 1/2 remap both engine and gbox (no paperwork for the maps but can tell the difference from a standard one my mate has)

Couple issues im experiencing

1. After a cold start (car is warmed up properly) if I restart the car, it will start the cold start sequence again! (very annoying having to wait) have no idea why? Also the fan comes on with the cold start then stops?

2. When the car is warmed up to the operating temp where the fan starts cooling the engine/rad, it takes a long time to cool it down and it sounds like the secondary air pump comes on again (raises rpm slightly) and (oil) temp comes back up but never over heats? (also realised I was looking at the oil temp thinking its coolant gauge!!)

Before I purchased it, had a issue with oil in coolant (fresh oil) turned out to be oil filter gasket) maybe it needs to be re-bled again?

3. On the first start I can smell some exhaust fumes in the cabin but after a while when it vents out seems ok?

Also sound like a slight bogging noise on first start from passenger side exhaust?

My first m3 so maybe paranoid! Maybe remap causing symptoms? Would like to rectify the fan issue first as I was waiting for the engine to cool down and fan to switch off today for approx 25-30 mins with no avail! (didnt/doesnt overheat though) no warning lights!

Sorry for the long post !

Also if I posted in the wrong section please move/remove to correct section

Cheers
Appreciate 0