BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

10-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #1
CardSurge
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 JZB/FR E92

Garage List
2012 BMW M3 E92  [0.00]
Gross. A new one for the "Defaced" file

Was on call this weekend and, as usual, I park in the hospital garage at night...on the roof, in the most far away spot. There is usually only one other car with my neurotic tendencies that parks near me, and on weekends it is usually even more sparse. Unfortunately, for this reason, the garage is also open to the public (visitors, patients, etc) on weekends and off-hours.
So...I walk out to my car this morning to find that someone has taken their bloody and pus-soaked wound bandage (looked like abscess packing) and stuck it on my bumper with silk tape. For those not in the business, silk is extremely sticky and gets even more difficult to remove once it heats.
Fortunately it was cool last night and I caught I before it really adhered. I think I should be good after some goo gone, but nonetheless it was pretty disgusting (and I've had to stick my hands in and smell some gross shit throughout the years).

Pretty unbelievable that someone went to such lengths to do this (they literally had to walk to the farthest possible spot). No doubt it was done by someone who has no idea the amount of work and sacrifice it took to own this car and keep it in this condition. Glad I get to stay up all night to help these folks. Maybe later in life this person will need a chest tube or something and there will be a convenient shortage of lidocaine.

Anyway, now off to wash my car with chlorhexidine (kidding)...

2014 Super Silver GT-R Premium
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #2
MKE_M3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 M3

sad story, but mostly repulsive.
      10-07-2012, 12:16 PM   #3
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
United_States
Rep
Drives: ^^^^^

my vote is for Dakin's solution
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 12:35 PM   #4
MStar
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Dont leave your M3 in parking garages
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 12:51 PM   #5
GIdriver
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 E63 AMG-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardSurge View Post
Was on call this weekend and, as usual, I park in the hospital garage at night...on the roof, in the most far away spot. There is usually only one other car with my neurotic tendencies that parks near me, and on weekends it is usually even more sparse. Unfortunately, for this reason, the garage is also open to the public (visitors, patients, etc) on weekends and off-hours.
So...I walk out to my car this morning to find that someone has taken their bloody and pus-soaked wound bandage (looked like abscess packing) and stuck it on my bumper with silk tape. For those not in the business, silk is extremely sticky and gets even more difficult to remove once it heats.
Fortunately it was cool last night and I caught I before it really adhered. I think I should be good after some goo gone, but nonetheless it was pretty disgusting (and I've had to stick my hands in and smell some gross shit throughout the years).

Pretty unbelievable that someone went to such lengths to do this (they literally had to walk to the farthest possible spot). No doubt it was done by someone who has no idea the amount of work and sacrifice it took to own this car and keep it in this condition. Glad I get to stay up all night to help these folks. Maybe later in life this person will need a chest tube or something and there will be a convenient shortage of lidocaine.

What a fawking a$$hole the person who did this!! And ungrateful too. I fell your pain...

Please keep the clearcoat away from betadine... At least the CloraPrep is clear.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #6
GIdriver
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 E63 AMG-S

Quote:

What a fawking a$$hole the person who did this!! And ungrateful too. I fell your pain...

Please keep the clearcoat away from betadine... At least the ChloraPrep is clear.

Last edited by GIdriver; 10-07-2012 at 06:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 01:31 PM   #7
Poppin Fresh
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: With a sunroof and front plate

MRSA will hopefully infect their wounds
      10-07-2012, 01:33 PM   #8
bobbym3beats
newb
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

WTH?!!! At least it wasn't a door ding
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 01:58 PM   #9
Stronghammer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

You should cover your car with broad spectrum antibiotics. This problem will be solved when you get to start parking in the doctors parking lot and are surronded by nice cars. Heck you wont even need to park in the furthest space
Mods: ESS VT1, MS test pipes, 19 BBS CH-R, Eibach pro springs, Painted reflectors, carbon fiber grills, Painted side markers with dark tinted lenses, 30% tint, Arkym rear diffuser, Innotech axle back exhaust, Performance spoiler
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 02:13 PM   #10
M Pulse
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '17 F82

Did you piss off someone at work?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 03:19 PM   #11
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Was on call this weekend and, as usual, I park in the hospital garage at night...
As healthcare costs continue to rise and coverages wanes I think there's going to be more of this around hospitals and clinics.

Angry patients under financial pressure due to medical costs with weak or no coverage will assume any nice car in the lot is owned by the people sending him/her the huge bills.

I'd start thinking about parking on the street a block or so away
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #12
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

That bumper will need Vancomycin 1 gram IV q 12 hours for at least two weeks.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 03:53 PM   #13
IFX
Banned
Rep
Drives: AW e46M/N54

wtf.. i've never made a repulsed face while reading a story on a forum. But i just did.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 04:16 PM   #14
X2Board
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: I'm back, bitches! '13 E92 ZCP

That is some sick shit! I'm guessing, no security cameras?
2011 Sapphire Black/Black E70 X5 M - Gone.
2010 Jerez Black/Black E90 M3 DCT -Gone-
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 04:44 PM   #15
NoM3ForMe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 Legacy, '07 Kia Sorrento

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppin Fresh View Post
Since the OP works in a hospital, my guess is he would want them to contract H-MRSA instead
      10-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #16
Rich_Jenkins
Riff Raff Refugee
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ram 1500

Ick. I could have gone all day not seeing this.

OP - sorry, that sucks.
Character does count. For too long we have gotten by in a society that says the only thing right is to get by and the only thing wrong is to get caught. Character is doing what's right when nobody is looking... " --J. C. Watts
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 05:06 PM   #17
CardSurge
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 JZB/FR E92

Garage List
2012 BMW M3 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolkster View Post
Dont leave your M3 in parking garages
Good idea. From now on I'll stay in my downtown palace with climate controlled parking and just live off the dividends of my AAPL that I bought in 1987. Why didn't I think of this before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
Hopefully that wound got infected...
By the smell of things, we've already reached that point...we can only hope it goes deeper. Luckily no damage that I can see. Glad I have a fresh coat of wax on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppin Fresh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoM3ForMe View Post
Since the OP works in a hospital, my guess is he would want them to contract H-MRSA instead
Personally hoping for pan-resistant acinetobacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronghammer View Post
You should cover your car with broad spectrum antibiotics. This problem will be solved when you get to start parking in the doctors parking lot and are surronded by nice cars. Heck you wont even need to park in the furthest space
Unfortunately there isn't really a "doctor's lot" here. And the "employee lot" is not very much better. There have been repeated thefts and break-ins in that lot as well, and they recently arrested one of the attendants for aiding and abetting. It also is super cramped and carries much higher risk of door dings. Lose-lose situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Pulse View Post
Did you piss off someone at work?
Nope. Most of my patient's are intubated or can barely walk. I actually have a very good relationship with most of my colleagues (from techs, to nurses, to doctors, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
As healthcare costs continue to rise and coverages wanes I think there's going to be more of this around hospitals and clinics.

Angry patients under financial pressure due to medical costs with weak or no coverage will assume any nice car in the lot is owned by the people sending him/her the huge bills.

I'd start thinking about parking on the street a block or so away
Agreed. Unfortunately if I parked a block away on the street in West Philly, I'd probably have no car at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X2Board View Post
That is some sick shit! I'm guessing, no security cameras?
Nope! That would require foresight and money. Both of which my hospital system lacks.

2014 Super Silver GT-R Premium
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 05:59 PM   #18
Poppin Fresh
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: With a sunroof and front plate

So in summary, our hard earned property gets vandalized because society thinks we shouldn't treat ourselves for our successes because they feel we are taking what they are entitled to.
      10-07-2012, 07:40 PM   #19
paradocs98
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
my vote is for Dakin's solution
Orthopaedic surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIdriver View Post
Gastroenterologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
That bumper will need Vancomycin 1 gram IV q 12 hours for at least two weeks.
Nephrologist

How did I do?
      10-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #20
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

I might go with proctologist rather than gastroenterologist for #2!!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 07:57 PM   #21
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradocs98 View Post
Orthopaedic surgeon

Gastroenterologist

Nephrologist

How did I do?