BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-19-2008, 06:42 AM   #1
arrutled
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Olsa

Be nice to the slow lane drivers!

So I drive my POS 93 camry to work and downtown and places like that and potholes are a plenty around here so F that. My baby(135i) has a sheltered life! anyways the camry doesnt like to go fast, and by that i mean over 60, it starts to rattle and shit. so here I am put puttin around town 50% of the time and some freakin drivers have no respect! why can't people just let me put put in the damn slow lane and go 55! gotta ride my ass all 10 miles to work??? damn highway is four lanes wide!!!! then when they do pass me in their ricer they are all angry and shit, F'in a-holes! as you can tell im freakin annoyed by now. Just let me drive around on my 87 octane gas in the damn slow lane people jammin through the speakers I have left to my eric clapton which is the only tape I got, no cd player, freezing my ass off cause there is basically no heat while I pray that she just gets me to work without blowing up cause I can't remember the last time I changed the oil while I am leaning forward to see through the clear portion of my windshield which I dont clean cause my windshield wiper fluid pump is shot and the wiper blades need to be changed all the while making sure im still in my lane cause I am all out of whack cause I have three old and one new tire! but then I smile:smile: when I get to work and I turn on my computer and there is a picture of my beautiful AW 135i on the desktop and! oh she is beautiful and can indeed go over 60 MPH! ah life is good! have a good day folks and remember those to be nice to those people in the slow lane!:biggrin:

AW 135i w/ blackette, performance short shift kit, BMW alarm, Performance rotors, APEX ARC-8 wheels, Direzza Star Spec 235/275, Dinan stage 3 suspension, M3 wishbones/tension rods/front sway/rear subframe bushings and thats all folks!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 08:15 AM   #2
penny
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i (sold)

AMEN!! I was a 95 Camry owner driving on the slow lane as well. The rattle, shake, 87 octane, tape player... is right on. So we both understand why some folks just gotta take it slow around town.

Funny thing, people still riding my ass... only to take a closer look at the 135.
      09-19-2008, 08:57 AM   #3
arrutled
Colonel
Rep

Thanks for moving this thread mods, i meant to write this here actually, oops.

Penny.....nice to have someone know where im coming from!

AW 135i w/ blackette, performance short shift kit, BMW alarm, Performance rotors, APEX ARC-8 wheels, Direzza Star Spec 235/275, Dinan stage 3 suspension, M3 wishbones/tension rods/front sway/rear subframe bushings and thats all folks!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 09:19 AM   #4
jkp1187
Unindicted co-conspirator
United_States
Rep
Drives: to work, mostly.

I agree. We as Americans have terrible lane discipline. I try to drive right & pass left, but I am constantly frustrated by slow people cruising in the left lane...or, worse, slow people cruising three abreast.

Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 11:56 AM   #5
WhiteOne
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 135i

Get that POS off the road. You are a danger to yourself and everyone around you.
If you must drive the POS on public roads, at least make it safe.
JMHO
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 01:00 PM   #6
arrutled
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOne View Post
Get that POS off the road. You are a danger to yourself and everyone around you.
JMHO
To you I say stay in your fast lanes and leave me alone! thousands of people drive these kind of cars every day of their lives and not by choice, but because they cannot afford otherwise. the post was for mere amusement for others who have driven junkers or currently drive junkers as their everyday car. I assure you it is safe to drive as it has passed inspection and the the wiper blades and washer pumped are being fixed this week. the tires have plenty of tread, the bad tire had dry rotted and was taken care of, and the oil change is not needed for another thousand miles. the purpose was also to point out that you dont need to be an ass to the guy in the slow lane as he has enough problems without having to be looked foolishly upon by people driving their everday lexus or their weekend bmw! drive on junkers!

Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 01:13 PM   #7
Xyloft
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 128i

Quote:
Just let me drive around on my 87 octane gas in the damn slow lane people jammin through the speakers I have left to my eric clapton which is the only tape I got, no cd player, freezing my ass off cause there is basically no heat while I pray that she just gets me to work without blowing up cause I can't remember the last time I changed the oil while I am leaning forward to see through the clear portion of my windshield which I dont clean cause my windshield wiper fluid pump is shot and the wiper blades need to be changed all the while making sure im still in my lane cause I am all out of whack cause I have three old and one new tire!
that's one sentance BTW.

yeah i hate when people don't pass when they are able to. even at 75 in a 65 people still ride me when there are 2 open lanes to the left and 1 open lane to the right...which they shouldnt use, but always do.

agree - americans have poor lane discipline
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 01:19 PM   #8
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
Slow traffic keep right baby.
You just need to chill, stay to the right and remember that the left lane is for the 1. If it helps, take off the rear view mirror and get a blue-haired wig.
      09-19-2008, 03:05 PM   #9
EODGUY
1Addict's Mad Bomber
Rep
Drives:

Just curious, whats the speed limit on the highway you were driving on?

*Traded in*
2008 135i/TiAg/Coral/6M/Sport/Ipod/Premium Audio/Heated seats
*Picked up 16 August, gone 21 September. Good ridance.*

1975 Jeep CJ-5
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 05:09 PM   #10
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

the ricers all try to intimidate you because your camry is probably the only car they're capable of blowing by
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 05:16 PM   #11
arrutled
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EODGUY View Post
Just curious, whats the speed limit on the highway you were driving on?
55 mph! i am just going the speed limit!!!!!

Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 05:56 PM   #12
Spook
Bring Bail Money
Rep
Drives:

When I was in Europe driving in Germany, Austria, and Italy the trucks stayed right and so did the slower traffic. I was driving 110 and they were going 60 and it felt safe because you knew they were going to stay over there. There are exceptions of course but in general I was amazed at how well it worked and how consistent the populace was.

Over here you have semi's side by side blocking freeways, gramps in his suburban going 2 miles over the speed limit in the left lane, and total assholes driving their JB 135's way to fast going around on the right and gesturing that they should get over into the proper lane (ahem, that would be me). We need lane discipline and it isn't even on the radar. Not politically possible. Ain't going to happen. I don't want to pass on the right but I don't want to be trapped behind some self righteous geezer or inconsiderate 'its my highway' trucker either.

Spook

p.s. I encounter lots (LOTS) of semi's on I40 around ABQ. Despite myths to the contrary they are generally rude and bad drivers and you need as much distance as you can manage between them and you.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 06:20 PM   #13
penny
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOne View Post
JMHO
You seem like the type that would tail my ass. His Camry and mine are slow but not unsafe. There are many poor folks driving a POS to work so they can save up for a 'safe' car. But until then, I agree, stay in the slow lane.
      09-19-2008, 06:55 PM   #14
Heinzftw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2000 Civic+2008 Accord

He's driving an LS400 which isn't exactly a bitchin ride either! It was made in like 95 and had a V8 with 230ish hp. I'm not feeling the attitude either.

-█--------█-
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 09:39 PM   #15
1ToBeOn2Wheels
Freude am Fahren
United_States
Rep
Drives: B9 Audi S5 Coupe

Lack of lane discipline is pretty much my #1 pet peeve!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 10:19 PM   #16
turner23
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

whY?

I do sympathize, but dude...you just spent $35k+ on a sweet ass car...ditch the camry, grab your purse, and drive the 135!

haha

but seriously, one day some enraged driver behind you is gonna get pissed and do something stupid. I would much rather be in the speed lane looking over at the slower drivers than vice versa. For a few hundred bucks, I got the tire/wheel warranty; free replacement of wheels and/or tires for 5-years. One claim, and it's practically paid for.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2008, 11:14 AM   #17
arrutled
Colonel
Rep

I just thought I would try and write a jovial post for everyone to get a quick laugh. I could give a mile long list of reasons to have a second car. but thats another topic, maybe a post for monday morning!

Appreciate 0