BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

07-09-2013, 11:29 AM   #67
JFlo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 Coupe DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Step -1- The Rejuvenator oil i use it with my bare hands... like you're doing a massage with your wife.. to get the oil in the pores of the leather,you now... this are 100 % naturel products !(let it sit one day or more in the heat (direct sunlight with windows closed )
Than buff it off with damp cloth and wipe it up with MF towel!
Now your leather is ready for step 2.......
Step-2- The Prestine clean , here i used a soft paint brush to put it on the leather ,than i brushed it op with a soft brush ,and as last step..again with MF towel......done man
I know you will sweat...the car is hot from getting in the sun,but the result will be there........
I hope guy's this will help !
BTW... i'm going to do mine again, it's almost a year ago...but looks still amazing !
Thanks for the detailed response, I will be trying this one of the coming week ends! Considering the heat we have here in Florida, I am sure the rejuvenator oil will really work it's magic!

Thanks again, I will post some before and afters!
Appreciate 1
      07-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #68
JFlo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 Coupe DCT

Quote:
Step -1- The Rejuvenator oil i use it with my bare hands... like you're doing a massage with your wife.. to get the oil in the pores of the leather,you now... this are 100 % naturel products !(let it sit one day or more in the heat (direct sunlight with windows closed )
Than buff it off with damp cloth and wipe it up with MF towel!
Now your leather is ready for step 2.......
Step-2- The Prestine clean , here i used a soft paint brush to put it on the leather ,than i brushed it op with a soft brush ,and as last step..again with MF towel......done man
I know you will sweat...the car is hot from getting in the sun,but the result will be there........
I hope guy's this will help !
BTW... i'm going to do mine again, it's almost a year ago...but looks still amazing !
Oh and by the way, thanks for the "massage tip". I will practice some with the rejuvenator oil on the wife first, just to make sure I dont damage the leather! Haha
Appreciate 2
      07-10-2013, 09:13 AM   #69
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlo View Post
Oh and by the way, thanks for the "massage tip". I will practice some with the rejuvenator oil on the wife first, just to make sure I dont damage the leather! Haha
Good from you... the wife massage
But i'm curious to see your pictures man,and i'm sure that you will get a very good result
BTW...THX for the kind words
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2013, 12:24 PM   #70
OilPatch
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: VW TDi & BMW M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 VW Jetta TDI  [0.00]
This stuff is amazing, it is a lot of work and yes very hot to do but this stuff is worth the effort. I used it on my sister-in-laws Volvo XC-60, the leather had never been cleaned or condition in the 2 years & 33,xxx miles she's owned the car. The seats now look like they did from the factory, truly amazing stuff
      07-14-2013, 12:33 PM   #71
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilPatch View Post
This stuff is amazing, it is a lot of work and yes very hot to do but this stuff is worth the effort. I used it on my sister-in-laws Volvo XC-60, the leather had never been cleaned or condition in the 2 years & 33,xxx miles she's owned the car. The seats now look like they did from the factory, truly amazing stuff
Glad to hear this man! (even on a Volvo)
And now ...i know already what you will use on your ordered ///M3 (Novillo-leather)
Tomorow starts my yearly vacation,so next week i start my Leatherique treatment again...after one year,and still looks amazing good.

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 11:44 PM   #72
SYZ
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: :O

Garage List
I'm going to try this out on my Mercedes C32 first and if it comes out well, do it on my M3 after.

The only thing I'm concerned about is that if there is an oily residue on the windows, you can bet there is residue on the rest of the headliner, etc. I'll probably mask off the roof of the car along w/ the windows... should get it toasty in there.

For those that can only leave their cars out for less than a day... throw a plastic tarp/ plastic painter's drop cloth over the car in the sun and tie it off at the ends. It will get way hotter much quicker this way.
Appreciate 1
      07-18-2013, 06:18 AM   #73
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYZ View Post
I'm going to try this out on my Mercedes C32 first and if it comes out well, do it on my M3 after.

The only thing I'm concerned about is that if there is an oily residue on the windows, you can bet there is residue on the rest of the headliner, etc. I'll probably mask off the roof of the car along w/ the windows... should get it toasty in there.

For those that can only leave their cars out for less than a day... throw a plastic tarp/ plastic painter's drop cloth over the car in the sun and tie it off at the ends. It will get way hotter much quicker this way.
Please post your result too....

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 06:58 PM   #74
Pinz
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 Coupe

Unhappy

I was trying to condition my leather and bought the most expensive bottle in the store (this is in Canada): Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner Conditioner (link here)

Now my car is brand new and the leather had a nice matte look, but after I applied it, it looked "oily" and showed more creases so I stopped applying it.

How can I get it back to a nice matte look like in the picture of the OP? Do I need something like "Letherique prestine clean" to use after the conditioner? Should I even be using Meguiar's? It seems like a good brand from their other products I tried.

I just want to get rid of that "oily" look...
      07-18-2013, 07:15 PM   #75
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinz View Post
I was trying to condition my leather and bought the most expensive bottle in the store (this is in Canada): Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner Conditioner (link here)

Now my car is brand new and the leather had a nice matte look, but after I applied it, it looked "oily" and showed more creases so I stopped applying it.

How can I get it back to a nice matte look like in the picture of the OP? Do I need something like "Letherique prestine clean" to use after the conditioner? Should I even be using Meguiar's? It seems like a good brand from their other products I tried.

I just want to get rid of that "oily" look...
Same story(trouble) as i did, before using Leatherique !
The shine will be gone after a couple of weeks..

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 03-24-2023 at 05:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #76
OilPatch
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: VW TDi & BMW M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 VW Jetta TDI  [0.00]
Would this stuff still work ok if I poured it in a spray bottle? pouring it on my hands to the massage into the leather was kind of messy.
      07-19-2013, 11:10 AM   #77
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilPatch View Post
Would this stuff still work ok if I poured it in a spray bottle? pouring it on my hands to the massage into the leather was kind of messy.
I spray it also with a spray bottle,and than I give it a hand massage
But you can also use a soft paint brush,
Anyway....this is only for the Rejuvinator oil .
And after the Rejuvenator oil,you go with step 2, the Prestine clean ,you can spray it also ,or with soft paint brush,after you brushed it in with soft leather brush,and last step is a good rub with the microfiber towell
Hope this will help ..

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 03-24-2023 at 05:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 07:55 PM   #78
Pinz
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Red face

Quote:
Same story(trouble) as i did, before using Leatherique !
The shine will be gone after a couple of weeks....it's ok man,don't worry
Than you need to use the Leatherique Prestine clean,and your leather will look again like Oem.and matte !
Hope that this will help....
Thanks Mr. MPB!! I will try to find Leatherique Prestine Clean and use that.

Do you think I should get Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil as well or is that not too critical? I can use the oily stuff I already have?
      07-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #79
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinz View Post
Thanks Mr. MPB!! I will try to find Leatherique Prestine Clean and use that.

Do you think I should get Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil as well or is that not too critical? I can use the oily stuff I already have?
Actualy Rejuvenator oil gets the dirt out off the leather,so when your leather is not dirty,you should be ok with the Prestine clean
It's the Prestine clean that gives you the matte Oem. look !
BTW...check this out http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...0#post14353650

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 07-20-2013 at 06:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2013, 12:16 AM   #80
Pinz
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Actualy Rejuvenator oil gets the dirt out off the leather,so when your leather is not dirty,you should be ok with the Prestine clean
It's the Prestine clean that gives you the matte Oem. look !
BTW...check this out http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...0#post14353650
That's just what I needed to know, thanks ///M Power-Belgium! (Always wanted to visit Belgium)

I stupidly thought I should condition my leather when I got the car brand new because that's what they told me when I bought my furniture - that I should apply the conditioning when I get the sofa and every 6 months afterwards. But I guess BMW doesn't need it because they look great out of the factory, maybe already pre-conditioned?
Appreciate 1
      08-12-2013, 12:47 PM   #81
M3
///M3
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
I had bought the Leatherique kit a few months ago but never had the chance to try it. So yesterday I decided to apply it on the E60 that I just bought a few days ago before trying it on the M3.

I wiped the seats with a microfiber towel and applied the oil with my bare hands. I believe that I sprayed a bit too much in my first try, but was able to spread it to the upper sections of the seat.

So I just left it out under the sun yesterday and will let it sit out under the sun today as well. I will then apply the Pristine Clean tonight to see the result.

A question;

Should I apply the Pristine Clean on the seat or on a microfiber towel?
Appreciate 1
      08-12-2013, 02:17 PM   #82
italyix
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 View Post
A question;

Straight on the seats. What i do is, spray it on the seats, then I use a boar hair brush that came with my Swissvax leather care kit (any other small boar brush will do) and agitate to Pristine clean on the seats using a circular motion then wipe off.
      08-12-2013, 02:20 PM   #83
M3
///M3
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by italyix
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 View Post
A question;

Straight on the seats. What i do is, spray it then use the boar hair brush that came with my Swissvax leather care kit and agitate to Pristine clean on the seats using a circular motion then wipe off.
So I spray it on the seat, then brush the leather and dry it with a towel.

Got it
Appreciate 1
      08-28-2013, 05:09 AM   #84
flea333
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 ZCP, LMB, DCT

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
Does it keep the original leather smell? I'm looking to keep my new leather smell locked in for good if possible.
      08-30-2013, 05:24 PM   #85
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flea333 View Post
Does it keep the original leather smell? I'm looking to keep my new leather smell locked in for good if possible.
Even better than the first day,when I step in my car, it smells like an Italian shoe store

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 03-24-2023 at 05:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2013, 02:58 AM   #86
flea333
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 ZCP, LMB, DCT

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
Two things:

1) Does it take the wrinkles out of the leather? Mine are already starting to get creases after 3 weeks.

2) What do you use as regular clean maintenance or touch up stuff?
      09-01-2013, 12:49 PM   #87
thekurgan
Bad Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Two things:

1) Does it take the wrinkles out of the leather? Mine are already starting to get creases after 3 weeks.

1. Nothing removes wrinkles, the leather has stretched
2. Damp cloth weekly, touchup with leather masters normal cleaner.
      09-01-2013, 01:46 PM   #88
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Two things:

1-Wrinkles because the leather is stretched and when you do nothing ,you will get cracks into this area's when the leather is parched, and then it's too late !
2-My maintenance of the leather is damp cloth ,everytime when I wash the car.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 03-24-2023 at 05:06 PM..
Appreciate 0