BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

04-03-2009, 02:25 PM   #45
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3

ballin'
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 10:02 AM   #46
ADubM3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsnooz View Post
Nice wheels! I just put them on my car as well. Now you need a drop. I've got H&R, it's the perfect drop and doesn't change the ride much at all. Gives it a great look. Are you using spacers?
drsnooze

What does the dealer say about all of your mods when you take it in for maintenance? I would like to do a few things with mine other than the wheels but I also don't want any of the warranties voided also.
The next things on my list are the H & R springs you mentioned and an exhaust system. I am thinking function before looks so probably the exhaust first.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 08:38 PM   #47
drsnooz
Professor
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by strock View Post
Thanks!!! Seems like you have yours pretty tricked out. Post some pics.
I'd be interested on how everything looks. I haven't though about dropping yet. If I do, I will take your advice. Yes, I do have 5mm spacers up front.
The next thing on my list is a Meisterschaft exhaust.
Any recommendations for a good sounding exhaust?
I personally like a high pitched race sound.
Here's a link for photos of my car:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246191

Quote:
drsnooze

What does the dealer say about all of your mods when you take it in for maintenance? I would like to do a few things with mine other than the wheels but I also don't want any of the warranties voided also.
The next things on my list are the H & R springs you mentioned and an exhaust system. I am thinking function before looks so probably the exhaust first.
Fortunately, I haven't had to take my car to the dealer yet for service. From what I've read here on the forum as long as your problem isn't with the area that's been modded than most dealers won't say anything. I did everything at around the same time. Since the car looks nice to begin with I think functional mods would be the right thing to do.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2009, 10:37 AM   #48
ADubM3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Here's a link for photos of my car:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246191

Fortunately, I haven't had to take my car to the dealer yet for service. From what I've read here on the forum as long as your problem isn't with the area that's been modded than most dealers won't say anything. I did everything at around the same time. Since the car looks nice to begin with I think functional mods would be the right thing to do.
I all can say about your car is Wow, to both inside and out!!!
It gives me a good idea what the car will look like with a drop on the O.Z.'s.
What spacers do you use? I was sent 5mm for the front with the set as a requirement from the tire rack. Do you use longer lug bolts for your wheels?
Now that you have many mods now, would you do anything different if you could do it again?
Sorry so many questions but this is great how I can bounce some ideas and questions about some concerns to owners of the same car.
Anyway, great taste. I like the aggressive look. I'm sure you get a lot of people just drooling at your car when you are stopped at a light.
I even get some, and mine isn't even tricked out as yours.
Some day though. Some day.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2009, 10:59 AM   #49
kkhurr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: A/W E92 M3 '08

Wheels are definitely looking good. Nice choice and definitely unique
      04-08-2009, 01:37 PM   #50
drsnooz
Professor
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E60 M5

Quote:
I all can say about your car is Wow, to both inside and out!!!
It gives me a good idea what the car will look like with a drop on the O.Z.'s.
What spacers do you use? I was sent 5mm for the front with the set as a requirement from the tire rack. Do you use longer lug bolts for your wheels?
Now that you have many mods now, would you do anything different if you could do it again?
Sorry so many questions but this is great how I can bounce some ideas and questions about some concerns to owners of the same car.
Anyway, great taste. I like the aggressive look. I'm sure you get a lot of people just drooling at your car when you are stopped at a light.
I even get some, and mine isn't even tricked out as yours.
Some day though. Some day.
Thanks bro! I've actually bought 15mm for the front and 5mm for the rear. I want the aggressive look. I actually haven't put them on the car yet. The photos are without the spacers. I also bought extended bolts for the spacers. The only thing that I think I might have done differently, although not a big deal, is to have gotten the Vorsteiner trunk instead of the replica. Although the fitment is good it's not perfect. There are a couple of areas, if you look close, that don't line up perfectly. Again, not the biggest deal for me since I don't take my car to shows but just something that's on the back of my mind.

Yeah, I do get people ooggling over the car a bit more now than I did when she was stock. Yesterday I had these 2 guys in a suburban staring at the car when I was at a light next to them. Get the occasional stare from girls as well but since I'm married just smile back and keep going my way!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2009, 09:04 PM   #51
ADubM3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks bro! I've actually bought 15mm for the front and 5mm for the rear. I want the aggressive look. I actually haven't put them on the car yet. The photos are without the spacers. I also bought extended bolts for the spacers. The only thing that I think I might have done differently, although not a big deal, is to have gotten the Vorsteiner trunk instead of the replica. Although the fitment is good it's not perfect. There are a couple of areas, if you look close, that don't line up perfectly. Again, not the biggest deal for me since I don't take my car to shows but just something that's on the back of my mind.

Yeah, I do get people ooggling over the car a bit more now than I did when she was stock. Yesterday I had these 2 guys in a suburban staring at the car when I was at a light next to them. Get the occasional stare from girls as well but since I'm married just smile back and keep going my way!

Are those bolts specifically for the those size spacers? Or is it one size fits all?
I also see that you put on the OZ stickers on your wheels. I think I will do the same after my car gets a wash. Any ideas on what's next on the mod list for you? Honestly, I have to say I'm watching the world around me first before I reach for my wallet. It's just a crazy time right now and it makes me that much more grateful for the car I have just as it is.
Appreciate 0