BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

European Auto Source (EAS)

11-21-2023, 12:53 PM   #1
BimmerRob08
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3, Space Gray

I ran across this kit and pricing isn’t too bad. Does anyone have any knowledge about these kits?

https://www.r1concepts.com/bbk

Rob
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2023, 10:51 PM   #2
bipp
Private
Rep
Drives: '13 e92 m3 zcp

searching online, we can see that they were a vendor (as of 9/2023) on the forum under r1concepts but their vendor threads on e90post and f30post were taken down.

I also came across this post here about a weird interaction with them as a company: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1536175

I haven't really found relevant reviews of the BBK as a whole, and their site doesn't list price. I also don't think they're used in the same capacity or have the same reputation as other offerings such as AP/Essex, Alcon, PFC, etc...

edit: this isn't to say that they aren't as good or have a good reputation elsewhere, but I think they would have to be very cost sensitive in order to justify getting their BBK over any other one
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2023, 07:48 AM   #3
BimmerRob08
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3, Space Gray

Thanks for finding that thread. Doesn't look like any other postings since that thread and I did get an email from the "Kevin" rep from their company and he said their brakes are about the same level of quality, performance as STOPTEC, which I've looked at for number of years now and like any other product, there are good and bad review. The pricing is good, about half of a set from STOPTEC for a set front and back. Seriously considering them. I'm not doing any constant track days as I don't live near anywhere to take advantage of that so as long as I don't run into problems with installation, should be a nice set of brakes as the OEM ones look like crap, although work well.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2023, 02:46 PM   #4
bipp
Private
Rep
Drives: '13 e92 m3 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerRob08 View Post
Thanks for finding that thread. Doesn't look like any other postings since that thread and I did get an email from the "Kevin" rep from their company and he said their brakes are about the same level of quality, performance as STOPTEC, which I've looked at for number of years now and like any other product, there are good and bad review. The pricing is good, about half of a set from STOPTEC for a set front and back. Seriously considering them. I'm not doing any constant track days as I don't live near anywhere to take advantage of that so as long as I don't run into problems with installation, should be a nice set of brakes as the OEM ones look like crap, although work well.
I guess I'm kind of in a similar situation. My car will probably be mostly street driven but until I start tracking frequently, so I figured pads/fluid/lines will probably be sufficient for the near future.

By level of quality and performance of StopTech, I'd read into it with a grain of salt. For what it's worth, StopTech is used competitively, whereas this company seems to primarily focus on pads/rotors for street-driven cars. If anything, it might make sense to just keep stock rotors, try Ferodo pads, and get girodiscs if you're not going for a full BBK.

A StopTech BBK would be around $3k for a set of fronts. If they're offering a $1.5k BBK (incl caliper) I would shy away from it. If it is just half the price for only the disc and pads, I would just go with Girodiscs and Ferodo pads.

I do see this set online and I'm interested in how effective it'd be though, for slightly less than StopTech, with a reputable vendor (Paragon) and manufacturer (Alcon), it seems interesting as a "cheaper than AP Racing" alternative. https://paragonbrakes.com/paragon-al...-e93-1m-coupe/
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2023, 06:04 PM   #5
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E92 M3 Dakar Edition

When buying any bbk always ask about consumables - pads and discs. Where can you source them from other than the seller themselves? If they are the sole source then you are screwed if they close down.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2023, 03:32 PM   #6
MaximusB
Major
Rep
Drives: 13 Frozen White E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd View Post
When buying any bbk always ask about consumables - pads and discs. Where can you source them from other than the seller themselves? If they are the sole source then you are screwed if they close down.
This 100%.

Brembo and stoptech are popular enough that you can easily source replacement parts. Especially other companies offer replacement parts that fits brembo/stoptech. For example the rotors. Girodisc makes high quality rotors that’s a direct fit to brembo/stoptech calipers. Also there are tons of pad selections for them.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2023, 07:27 PM   #7
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E92 M3 Dakar Edition

Brembo, Stoptech and AP are very well supported in the aftermarket with tons of disc and pad options and suppliers.
Appreciate 0