BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

BPM

12-05-2010, 09:28 PM   #1
rzm3
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Window Reset

Lost my window one-touch function after battery disconnect. Followed the procedure below and fixed the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENINTY View Post
Try this:

An initialization must be performed:
• In the event of malfunctions, e.g. no one-touch control function, no opening or if available no comfort function is possible
• After the power window drive has been replaced
• After work is carried out on the power window mechanism
• If necessary, after an open circuit, e.g. disconnection of the battery or disconnection of the power supply to the door
• After the door window glass has been removed and installed or replaced
• After adjustment work on the door window glass
• After adjustment work on the convertible top
• After replacement of seals

Initialization is performed on the power window switch of the relevant door.
Requirements for correct initialization:
• Terminal "R" activated
• Doors and windows closed
• Sufficient battery voltage; connect charger if necessary
Initialization comprises:
• Erasure of initialization
• Reinitialization

Erasure of initialization:
• Open door window glass fully
• Actuate power window switch in "Open" position (second switch position) and hold down for between 15 and 20 seconds
This clears initialization of the power window. Anti-trapping protection and one-touch control (toll) function are inactive.
Check whether one-touch control (toll) function is inactive, otherwise repeat procedure.
Reinitialization:
• Close door window completely
• After upper end position is reached, interrupt actuation of power window switch and then hold switch again for approx. 1 second in "Close" position (second switch position)
• Open door window glass fully
• After upper end position is reached, interrupt actuation of power window switch and then hold switch again for approx. 1 second in "Open" position (second switch position)
• Close door window completely
• After upper end position is reached, interrupt actuation of power window switch and then hold switch again for approx. 1 second in "Close" position (second switch position)
This completes initialization.
Note:
Carry out function check (one-touch control function, anti-trapping protection and, if necessary, comfort function).

Note:
The power window can also be initialized in the BMW diagnosis system by means of a diagnosis job.
Appreciate 1
      12-06-2010, 12:12 AM   #2
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Hey man, did you have to do that on EVERY window ? In all my previous cars, it's just the driver's. And no need to 'erase initialization' if it doesn't work IMO; it's already erased when reconnecting battery .

And what else got screwed up other than the obvious (radio presets, etc)? Is a code needed for the radio/iDrive/nav? Hope not, because I was never given one. And how about seat memory function and sunroof auto open/close? On my other cars you needed to run seats all the way to the front and back before being able to store a seat memory. And you had to run driver's window and sunroof open and close just once to activate the auto functions. Freaking Germans have to make everything more complicated . Also wonder about BMW assist, bluetooth pairing, iDrive settings (M button, etc), and the 6 programmable (touch) buttons.

When I remove mine in a year or two (to get a new one), will definitely try the 9V battery gizmo I have to avoid losing presets and such, but doubt it works on this car that everything runs with ignition off. Didn't work on my Lexus cars either since nav tried to run when the 12V adaptor was inserted, and obviously overwhelmed the little 9V battery. Resetting everything on iDrive is a royal PITA; it happened to me once when the freaking car decided to reset everything one morning (all AM/FM/XM presets, all 6 touch-button presets, seat memories, key settings, all vehicle settings, M button settings, NAV settings/history/etc... everything). Hope I don't have to do that ever again .

Last edited by JCtx; 12-06-2010 at 12:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 12:17 AM   #3
rzm3
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

only my driver's side window lost its one-touch close function. my seat memory was also lost. i only performed the reinitialization procedures on the window. have not tried the seat memory yet.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #4
Mick Fletcher
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 325i sports

Question E 90 window reset

E90 window reset procedure, what is meant by "R" terminal activated?
What is the "R" terminal.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2015, 09:01 AM   #5
anom3
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 335ix

The easiest way to perform this is via INPA.

There is a button under the FRM module to reset the window regulators.

Down they go, back up they go and your all done.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 08:53 PM   #6
Ron..D
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i 2010

Thumbs up Terminal R

The key (pardon pun) to this procedure is to insert the key into the slot below the start button and DO NOT press the start button, that puts you into Terminal R mode, asked them the rest of the procedures work like a charm.
Appreciate 0