BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

10-24-2020, 07:02 PM   #1
'ringmeister
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Weird window/door ajar issue...

A few months my windows starting behaving strangely when I unlock the door. Both windows (it's an e92) will go up and down slightly multiple times as if the door has been opened. This would continue randomly for several minutes. I tried re-initializing the windows but no improvement. Now i'm also getting random door ajar messages while driving. A google search has turned up possible culprits as cheap aftermarket halos (don't have them), dying battery (mine is few years old but car is always parked on a tender), to faulty foot well control module. Before i start throwing parts at it has anybody experienced this particular combination of symptoms? TIA
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 09:19 PM   #2
Ajolives
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2019 Audi SQ5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Sub'd. I wanna see where this one ends, haha. What a weird problem. I think one part that has connections with all those problems is the door handle. Maybe the touch access is acting up or something.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 05:53 AM   #3
drrust
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 DCT Sedan

A faulty footwell control module should throw a code. I would also inspect the wire loom going to the door. I've had a cracked/broken wire in the trunk wiring harness. The door is opened and closed more often, so it may be worth inspecting the wires.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 01:34 PM   #4
'ringmeister
Private First Class
Rep

i pulled the codes on sunday...Frm2 footwell module Part number 9213434 & 9cbc frm short circuit at front door contacts. Cleared them but codes & symptoms returned immediately. My first thought was FRM is cooked but i have none of the common issues that others report when the FRM $hits the bed: lights, turn signals, interior lights, etc. Everything works for me except the windows twitching after unlocking and the random door ajar while driving. exchanged emails with a vendor who does FRM repair and coding and, credit to him, he suggested it's the door contact in the latch. So going to replace the drivers side latch first since that is where i get the door ajar error. Fingers crossed as it's $190 versus $500+ for the FRM.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 02:54 PM   #5
drrust
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 DCT Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'ringmeister View Post
i pulled the codes on sunday...Frm2 footwell module Part number 9213434 & 9cbc frm short circuit at front door contacts. Cleared them but codes & symptoms returned immediately. My first thought was FRM is cooked but i have none of the common issues that others report when the FRM $hits the bed: lights, turn signals, interior lights, etc. Everything works for me except the windows twitching after unlocking and the random door ajar while driving. exchanged emails with a vendor who does FRM repair and coding and, credit to him, he suggested it's the door contact in the latch. So going to replace the drivers side latch first since that is where i get the door ajar error. Fingers crossed as it's $190 versus $500+ for the FRM.
When you get in there verify that none of the wires are broken. Besides my cracked wire going to the truck, I've seen cracked insulation on wires in the headlight housing. I assume that those are related to hear from the bulbs.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2020, 10:34 AM   #6
'ringmeister
Private First Class
Rep

Drrust, I'll check that too...thanks!
Appreciate 0