BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

BPM

10-22-2020, 01:20 PM   #353
wheezyF
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Seeing how this GB is almost finished, do you have any idea when the GT4 wing GB will be starting?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 02:57 PM   #354
Epoustouflant
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheezyF View Post
Seeing how this GB is almost finished, do you have any idea when the GT4 wing GB will be starting?
Should be up next week! All parts are in.
Appreciate 1
wheezyF13.50

10-23-2020, 07:48 PM   #355
Gossypiboma
Captain
Rep
Drives: 13' M3 6MT

Still open? Interested in the 2pc.
      10-24-2020, 12:09 AM   #356
Narvin
@narvinbeans
Rep
Drives: 2009 Jet Black E92 M3

here some pics of the lip

@narvinbeans
Appreciate 1
UnicornM155.00

10-24-2020, 07:55 AM   #357
94jedi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossypiboma View Post
Still open? Interested in the 2pc.
There's a backlog. I think I'm second on that list. Go ahead and sign up (pg1 of thread) and as people fall off the list, we will get moved up.
      10-24-2020, 10:13 AM   #358
Gossypiboma
Captain
Rep
Drives: 13' M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narvin View Post
Here to share my experience with the install - I am disappointed to say the least for the price.

I swapped spots with M3_Godzilla who got the first batch.

1. Yes my bumper is OEM
2. It is not a placement issue.. You can ask the 20 holes and 5 hours in my bumper with different angles an trying to force this to fit

Anyways... story time

Bracket holes were a complete miss. It looks like Stevie wonder drilled these holes.. my thought is that it would be better to have it not come pre-drilled. You can see here that with the oe bolt in place, the pre-drilled holes in the bracket do not line up at all.

Ok before I start drilling anything.. I should check to see at least with 1 bolt in the brackets, if the splitter mount will line up right? Sure enough, also needs to be notched

You can see how far off the existing bracket holes are here after I drilled holes in bracket and riveted in. (used CSL DNA pics for reference to confirm my mounting angle etc)

Be careful not to overtighten your bolts.. it is fragile.. I messed up on this one and it cracked but it's still holding :-)

you need to cut the bumper to fit the brackets

alright sweet.. hard part is done right? NOPE

the lip I received is not the same shape as the bumper and I could not get it to fit no matter what angle or position I tried (trust me, I spent 5 hours just on this thinking maybe I was just stupid)

after all that time this is the best fitment I could come up with. To be fair these are pics before I fully tightened it down.. although it is not much better. Both the mounting edges sit flush with the rear of the bumper as stated in previous posts to do.

Luckily it doesn't look too bad on my car because it is black.. and I will fill the gap from the rear with black silicon so no light comes through.. but for $1000, . Not sure if I got a bad mold or what. Might have to chance the carbon one listed on ebay and pray it's better. Not a great pic but I'm still working on other things on the car and will grab more pics when I can

I am only here to share my experience. Hope your experience is better than mine . Had higher expectations for german import.. this has fit worse than my ebay lips

Also.. please do not go wasting your money on $3.50/each bolts from BMW (or $7/each if you hit up dealer directly)

The oem gts sizes are M6x14 and M6x18. Most stores don't have this, so you can get (4) M6x16 (mount chassis bracket to splitter bracket) and (6) M6x20. You can use flange bolts with washers or whatever you want (just make sure you have washers). I recommend grade 8 washers on the 6 M6x20 since these ones bolt the splitter to the chassis mount.

And for the lip to bumper - of course I recommend using a locking nylon nut. you can use m6 as well but I opted to use M8 bolts and drilled the hole slightly bigger and used a fat washer.
Any update on this? For $1K this is horrific fitment/quality.