BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BPM

09-23-2020, 12:01 PM   #23
Ximian
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

3-4 events per year is enough to potentially justify a BBK. I'm at about that many events or fewer and I needed an upgrade to a BBK.

What I was experiencing was inconsistent braking performance with PFC pads and fresh Motul RBF 660 fluid. It wasn't any one part overheating, just the whole system not being able to handle it. The result was increasing braking distance with each passing lap.

This also raised a safety concern because once or twice, I didn't brake soon enough. While I only had very late apex, it could have been much worse if it was part of the track with closer barriers.

I upgraded to an ST60 kit for the front and kept the stock rear rotor and caliper. No issues so far and I have plenty of confidence going late into a heavy braking zone late a session. It's more expensive than trying to bankrupt FCP Euro on warranty returns, but overall a more enjoyable experience when at the track.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 12:18 PM   #24
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by former 240 s14 View Post
This is what I saw when I ordered:

"Ready for a re-ring? ECS offers discounts on pairs of replacement rotors to the original customer or customers showing proof of ownership. Please contact the Sales Department for additional information."
And this is what I got when I asked them about it:

"Hello,
Thank you for your email. We no longer sell re ring kits for the 2 piece rotors. I can sell a replacement set at $699.00. Please contact me to place your order."

But that was in 2018, so things may have changed.