BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Electronics: Audio / Video / Phone / Alarm / Navigation / Radar

05-16-2015, 03:28 PM   #1
TheSnail
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 Alpine White M3

Voltphreaks VPR-S30C Li-Ion Lightweight Battery

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold
Shipping Costs Included

Item Interest
Up for grabs is a brand new never used, Voltphreaks VPR-S30C Lithium battery. Voltphreaks batteries are very expensive state of the art Li-ion batteries. This particular one is their top of the line VPR series, it had an MSRP of $1500. I got this one to simply install and forget as a daily driven application with no intention to have a battery tender whatsoever. I have had great success in the past using Lithium batteries so I have no doubt this battery will start the car all day every day, cold, hot, 2months sitting etc. Do not be intimidated by reliability vs light weight. There is absolutely no comparison between this vs lead acid/AGM batteries. Even still, I went overkill and got one of their most powerful variants. 7.25lbs and 1160/640 CA/CCA, this thing should turnover a semi haha. Along with the high CA/CCA, I chose this battery because it is 40Ah. M3’s minimum registerable Ah. So long story short, I could not think of better specs for an ultra light weight battery. According to my scale, this battery is a 50.15lb weight reduction for the e9X m3.

I got this battery about 6months back when Voltphreaks had a blow out sale on the VPR-S30C for $850. That sale lasted about 3weeks before they were sold out. Along with the battery, I got Voltphreaks latest and greatest SAE terminals. I put the battery in CAD, as to 3D print a custom bracket for it. The Solidworks cad of the battery will also be included if you want to use it for anything. I’ve been super busy with work, so I never got around to design a bracket so the battery just sat on the kitchen table for months. I am placing an order next month for the upcoming ACR viper, so I am returning the M3 back to stock, trading in the car and selling all performance parts.

I will only ship to the lower 48. Non-negotiable as reflected in my tarded low price. Do not call dibs if you don’t have the funds immediately available. Typically the GT3 guys are the main people buying the Voltphreaks batteries, but if you want the best of the best for your M3, here is your chance to get it at nearly 1/3rd of MSRP. If no-one here jumps on it in the next few days, I will post it on the GT3 forums or keep it for the viper.

Paypal, money order, personal check, cash, is accepted.
$600 Shipped

Thanks, Snail

Last edited by TheSnail; 06-11-2015 at 06:00 PM.. Reason: Back up for sale
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2015, 04:07 PM   #2
Shredicus
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Killer deal for an awesome battery! Comparable weight savings to a full akra at a fraction of the cost. Also the snails LOL!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2015, 04:15 PM   #3
TheSnail
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks. It is a smoking deal. This is more than likely the lowest priced new VPR-S30 in the history of the world. If ya hadn't guessed yet, snails are kinda my thing, so the snails pictured on or near the battery are not included in the sale
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 04:59 PM   #4
TheSnail
Private First Class
Rep

True to my word, I pulled it off sale after two days to take advantage of a $100 porsche "tax" . Just went to list it on Rennlist, but having 0 posts under my belt, I don't have the privileges to list it for sale. So here is another opportunity for the M3 community to buy the battery at my original $600 price.
      06-11-2015, 07:31 PM   #5
tlp
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, Sold:'11 e92 M3 SG/FR

Garage List
Word of caution to potential buyers. The VRP-S30C is too tall for an OEM installation using the cross brace and cover on the e9X platform.
      06-12-2015, 07:08 AM   #6
Lone Star M3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlp View Post
Word of caution to potential buyers. The VRP-S30C is too tall for an OEM installation using the cross brace and cover on the e9X platform.
Thanks for the information. I pm'ed op when first listed multiple times with no reply.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2015, 04:24 PM   #7
TheSnail
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by essdb1 View Post
Thanks for the information. I pm'ed op when first listed multiple times with no reply.
I've listed the battery just once for two days and marked it as sold, as I had second thoughts of keeping the M3. But regarding parting out the car, I would list the parts first, to give everyone a fair chance to buy them. However, I decided it was not worth my time to spend a weekend returning the car back to stock. So I will take a 2-3k hit, and list the car with the mods for cheap. End of June, expect to see a mint AW 2012 20k mile E92, 6spd, premium wheels, premium leather, O-miles new PSSs, with all the mods in my sig and all OEM parts. Priced to sell quick.