BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

12-04-2018, 02:48 PM   #23
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

I never keep hands on wheel.
I usually have the licence and registration in hand to give when I say hi.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2018, 02:54 PM   #24
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
Ahh, you are a regular are you?

Back when Toyota was getting hammered about cases involving unintended acceleration of their cars, I was trying to figure out a way if I were pulled over to plead "unintended acceleration" to the officer....being that if I had seen him hiding there, I would never have intended to accelerate to that speed.

But I couldn't figure out how to phrase it so that he/she might laugh and just let me off. Plus, I never got pulled over either, so never had the chance.
Appreciate 1
Alfisti6452.50
      12-04-2018, 02:58 PM   #25
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Quote:
Ahh, you are a regular are you?

Back when Toyota was getting hammered about cases involving unintended acceleration of their cars, I was trying to figure out a way if I were pulled over to plead "unintended acceleration" to the officer....being that if I had seen him hiding there, I would never have intended to accelerate to that speed.

But I couldn't figure out how to phrase it so that he/she might laugh and just let me off. Plus, I never got pulled over either, so never had the chance.
Been pulled over 3 times but only got 1 ticket for speeding while I had my cruise control on on highway 1...

I am so surprised how lenient Ontario is.
Super cheap ticket and Grumpy said the first doesn't affect your rate... lost 2 points here on my first, paid 100 bucks for insurance and lost my bonus lol
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2018, 03:30 PM   #26
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Been pulled over 3 times but only got 1 ticket for speeding while I had my cruise control on on highway 1...

I am so surprised how lenient Ontario is.
Super cheap ticket and Grumpy said the first doesn't affect your rate... lost 2 points here on my first, paid 100 bucks for insurance and lost my bonus lol
Yeah, it can be lenient (depends a lot on who you get and your attitude though) for sure. Mostly, it just feels like they want your money with as little fuss as possible, so as long as you are polite and you weren't going extremely quickly, most officers just write things down to 15 over right at the side of the road so that there are no points and no real reason for you to fight it (because you can't get it reduced further - so your only option is win or lose...and do you really take a day off work to argue about a ticket that costs less than $100.

Fairly smart of them I'd say. All bets are off if you are doing 51km/h over though...at that point you can just reasonably expect to wait for Mr. Tow Truck driver to show up.
Appreciate 1
      12-04-2018, 03:43 PM   #27
xander_g
Major
Rep
Drives: G30 M550i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvanabob View Post
Hi there, I leave in Toronto and I just got a speeding ticket of $118, 75km in a 50km zone, any recommendations of company or guys that is able to dismiss it and don't going to rip me off? No more that $200/250!
PM me
Appreciate 1
upstatedoc7555.50
      12-04-2018, 04:38 PM   #28
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK

Quote:
Is this serious? LOL it cost you more posting it here than just paying it up.

Never knew fines were so cheap in ON.

Also, what's with the bad advice most gave lol
The fines go up really quickly for higher speeds. 50 KMH over the limit can net you a $10K fine get your car seized and licence suspended.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2018, 06:46 AM   #29
Gbtr6
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Americans, you'll never understand how insane that looks written down. no, we don't need to keep two hands on the wheel 'cos our cops are not nervous and trigger happy because they know 99.9% of the time there's no fucking gun.

Unbelievable.
It’s common sense and common courtesy.

Perry
      12-05-2018, 09:03 AM   #30
stbm5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 DG

so here is a strategy:
if you get a ticket fight it. last time i did that i think i had to call the court and get a trial date. when you set the date ask how to change the date in case of emergency. at last possible minute change your court date to a late friday afternoon, if possible ask for the last slot in the day. this will result in you having scheduled your hearing at the time most likely that the officer will not show up. this worked twice for me...

had a cop friend that told me this strategy. i can't remember all the reasons he said but for traffic cops fri afternoon is one of the busiest times for an officer, plus its TGIF.
Appreciate 2
upstatedoc7555.50
      12-05-2018, 02:19 PM   #31
catcher22
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbtr6 View Post
This is the best informed advice, and The Airman's advice.

If you speed, and are stopped, keep both hands on the wheel when approached. When the officer asks for your license and registration, before you move, tell him, "It's in my wallet, and glove box", or wherever it is. If you have a legal concealed weapon, tell them up front.
Americans, you'll never understand how insane that looks written down. no, we don't need to keep two hands on the wheel 'cos our cops are not nervous and trigger happy because they know 99.9% of the time there's no fucking gun.

Unbelievable.
Makes complete sense here. In the US, you can pretty much assume everybody has a gun. Now put yourself in a police officer's shoes...you would probably be pretty nervous too.

It's in everybody's best interest here to always be cognizant of their actions, especially when around an armed officer. I often don't blame them for being so defensive. Just the reality of the world we live.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 11:10 AM   #32
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher22 View Post
It's in everybody's best interest here to always be cognizant of their actions, especially when around an armed officer. I often don't blame them for being so defensive. Just the reality of the world we live.
100% agree, though i'd change we to you.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 11:12 AM   #33
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher22 View Post
100% agree, though i'd change we to you.
Right, because cops are braver in Canada than in the US. They are bigger, stronger, smarter, braver.
Appreciate 0