BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

11-21-2018, 09:51 AM   #1
JD3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 M3, DCT.

Where does this TPMS plug go?

Hello, thanks in advance for any help here.
My front passenger side fender liner come loose and it pulled a plug out. I believe it's related to the TPMS because the day it happened the TPMS started malfunctioning. I had it all apart, even had the bumper off as I'm wrapping the car, and I could not find where this should plug back into.
In the pic it is zip tied to keep it out of the way, it wasn't like this when I found it, just FYI. Anyone know where this goes?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-21-2018, 11:39 AM   #2
WingZeroX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 / F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD3 View Post
Hello, thanks in advance for any help here.
My front passenger side fender liner come loose and it pulled a plug out. I believe it's related to the TPMS because the day it happened the TPMS started malfunctioning. I had it all apart, even had the bumper off as I'm wrapping the car, and I could not find where this should plug back into.
In the pic it is zip tied to keep it out of the way, it wasn't like this when I found it, just FYI. Anyone know where this goes?
Im on mobile so I can't see what year car you drive, but on my 09, the tpms transmitter module is attached to the liner

Part 36236781846 "trigger transmitter"
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2018, 12:23 PM   #3
JD3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 M3, DCT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingZeroX5 View Post
Im on mobile so I can't see what year car you drive, but on my 09, the tpms transmitter module is attached to the liner

Part 36236781846 "trigger transmitter"
That makes sense. I actually noticed one of those on the drivers side the plug looked a little different but maybe it wasn't or maybe mine is damaged. I did not see it on the back of the removed liner so perhaps it ripped it off. I have to go to BMW today so I'll ask. Thanks a lot!
Appreciate 0