BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

EXXEL Distributions

10-16-2009, 08:27 AM   #1
brendanwp
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 (ordered)

Service Issue Resolved - Park Ave BMW

Background: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...light=Park+Ave

To their credit Park Ave reimbursed me for the full price of the tire and labor (and taxes) for my rear tire replacement. I kept my patience through the whole process until I found out from my tire insurance company that they denied my claim because park ave tried to put it through past the 60 day cut off point. So I sent an e-mail and copied half the dealership asking for a meeting. The service manager dave told me he would take care of it and 10 days later i had a check.

Its a shame it had to come to this because i had no issues at the dealership on the day my service was done. However it was like I didn't exist when I left the dealership. Oh well, at least the story had a good ending. I wanted to make sure i posted this to give them some credit for making things right.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2009, 10:20 AM   #2
gemini330zhp
Major
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E90

Forget about them making things right!!!!!!! They wanted to rip you off to begin with and thats wrong even when they knew you had tire insurance.

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2009, 12:18 PM   #3
mazda3ndp
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E9x M3

park ave is THE WORST in my opinion. my family had bought a pre-cert bmw from there, we got it home and my parents had been complaining about how terrible the braking is. they brought it back to them turns out there was catastrophic failure to the braking system. they denied paying to fix it until lawyers got involved...

fast forward a few years a person I no longer talk to bought a bmw from them. they brought it in for an oil change and left the car over night. 3 days later they called the dealship, they claimed she never brought the car in or she already picked it up (they couldnt find the car). turned out after filing a police report the lowjack found it in staten island TRASHED. the dealership denied responsibility even after the police determined there wasnt forced entry (no broken windows, locks picked) they refused to deal with it. This person wanted a new car as the car was only 2 or 3 months old. Park ave offered to change the oil. after this person ruled out that they werent getting a new car, they fought for new brakes pads/rotors which were warped from the joy ride, the reimbursement for the joy rider using the ez pass, the repairs to the trashed interior, new tires, etc. they refused.... this person had to take them to court to get reimbursed for park ave's neglect.

These have been my experiences with Park ave. Mileage may vary. your mileage can ONLY BE BETTER, so Im glad you eventually got your $$
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2009, 03:15 PM   #4
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 Eurocharged C63 AMG

Park Ave is Terrible!!!

I had my X5 4.6is bought back from them because the car had an issue they couldn't repair. Also these morons put a 4.4 drive belt on my car and the acknowledge on the paper work it was the wrong belt because they couldn't fit the 4.6is belt. Long story short belt came off the pulley when I was driving I lost power steering (bakes turning the car virtually impossible) I some how muscled the car to the dealership stormed in an began screaming at the sales manager. My best service experience was at Prestige but when I began working in Wayne it was way to out of the way being in Upper Saddle River. However, my experience with Paul Miller service wasn't bad.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2009, 04:18 PM   #5
bobbyd1961
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 sedan LeMans Blue

wow and i thought openroad was bad
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2009, 10:48 PM   #6
Race_Doc11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 G82 M4

Garage List
2023 BMW G82 M4  [0.00]
2018 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 Audi RS5 (Sold)  [10.00]
2008 E93 M3 (Sold)  [10.00]
I met a guy who drives 335 vert ..he told me one dealer here in Pa did the same thing with him but to make it worse it happend 4 times totaling $1800...that makes me wonder if the dealer makes the calim and charge the customer to get paid twice...
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanwp View Post
Background: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...light=Park+Ave

To their credit Park Ave reimbursed me for the full price of the tire and labor (and taxes) for my rear tire replacement. I kept my patience through the whole process until I found out from my tire insurance company that they denied my claim because park ave tried to put it through past the 60 day cut off point. So I sent an e-mail and copied half the dealership asking for a meeting. The service manager dave told me he would take care of it and 10 days later i had a check.

Its a shame it had to come to this because i had no issues at the dealership on the day my service was done. However it was like I didn't exist when I left the dealership. Oh well, at least the story had a good ending. I wanted to make sure i posted this to give them some credit for making things right.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2009, 10:48 AM   #7
MTROIS
Major
France
Rep
Drives: on the wrong side of the Ocean

Woaw...this is good to know. Looks like I won't put my wheels at Park Ave.

On the other hand, I must say that Prestige has served me very well so far. As much as I ended on a rather bitter note with my sales advisor, at least my Service Advisor (Jim Reed) is an outstanding guy and the techs there have been doing a great job. So far I highly recommend them.
      10-18-2009, 11:13 AM   #8
Poppin Fresh
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: With a sunroof and front plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTROIS View Post

On the other hand, I must say that Prestige has served me very well so far. As much as I ended on a rather bitter note with my sales advisor, at least my Service Advisor (Jim Reed) is an outstanding guy and the techs there have been doing a great job. So far I highly recommend them.
That's good to hear. How are they with BMW owners who require service but bought their cars somewhere else?
      10-18-2009, 02:23 PM   #9
Sellotape
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2C, GLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTROIS View Post

I didn't buy my car at Prestige, but any dealings I had with them (test drives etc.) were great. I have never heard a bad word about them.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2009, 03:13 PM   #10
Smith2287
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW E93 BMW M3

I got my car from prestige and I got very lucky when I was advised my service manager(Ryan). Ryan has went above and beyond for me and I would recommend him to anybody looking to change dealerships for service purposes. I don't have a bad thing to say about anybody that works there from sales staff to the service staff. They really treat me well and always take car of my car no matter what the issue is.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2009, 03:27 PM   #11
Poppin Fresh
Colonel
Philippines
Rep

Hey Smith2287, was that you I saw this summer by New Bridge Rd. by Teaneck? I gave the driver a nod as he passed by. It was also a JB E93 with the top down; the only Jerez black E93 I've seen in bergen county.
      10-18-2009, 06:05 PM   #12
Smith2287
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW E93 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppin Fresh View Post
Hey Smith2287, was that you I saw this summer by New Bridge Rd. by Teaneck? I gave the driver a nod as he passed by. It was also a JB E93 with the top down; the only Jerez black E93 I've seen in bergen county.
Yep that was me, my father lives in New Milford I remember your car. Its cool to see another local M guy on here.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2009, 06:09 PM   #13
bobbyd1961
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 sedan LeMans Blue

circle is top notch also. very professional and knowledgable. the facility is first class along with some sites inside the place.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2009, 11:12 PM   #14
gemini330zhp
Major
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith2287 View Post
Yep that was me, my father lives in New Milford I remember your car. Its cool to see another local M guy on here.
I think I have seen your car around also this summer. I drive through New Milford as well.

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 12:05 AM   #15
Poppin Fresh
Colonel
Philippines
Rep

I have yet to see you round my way Gemini. Although I've seen a JB E92 a number of times down Midland Ave. by Paramus.
      10-19-2009, 01:18 PM   #16
gemini330zhp
Major
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppin Fresh View Post
I have yet to see you round my way Gemini. Although I've seen a JB E92 a number of times down Midland Ave. by Paramus.
I seem to be the only E90 M3 around have not seen another one ever since I got mine.

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 02:28 PM   #17
brendanwp
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 (ordered)

Interesting to see I wasn't the only one. I have had very good service with Manhattan BMW but they couldn't get me an appointment when I needed it (this was the friday before 4th of july so I didn't want to be w/o a car all weekend) so I ended up at Park Ave. The ironic part about all of this is the deal I bought from (in Pittsburgh) did more to try to help me the P.A. did. If your ever looking for a car in Pittsburgh, I highly recommend P&W BMW!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 08:17 PM   #18
MTROIS
Major
France
Rep
Drives: on the wrong side of the Ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini330zhp View Post
I seem to be the only E90 M3 around have not seen another one ever since I got mine.
May be I saw you one night getting gas at the last station on route 46 before it becomes rte 3??

anyhow, I see e90s from time to time (AW in Chester about 1.5 month ago).
      10-21-2009, 10:09 PM   #19
boombastic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 AMS GT-R & Powerchip X5M

Scott, at Park Ave service, is a great guy. highly recommend it. he did everything to assist my M3.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 10:18 PM   #20
NFDoms2k1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cute Little Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda3ndp View Post

...fast forward a few years a person I no longer talk to...
Haha, I am assuming that you might now be happy if this happened to her? I have a person I no longer talk to buy a 330xi right as we stopped talking (et al) so I never got to test that xDrive out and I hoped something like this would happen to her as well!

Ok, well maybe I would feel good for about a few days than feel a little bad, because that really does suck
      10-21-2009, 10:18 PM   #21
bmwe34m5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E34 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyd1961 View Post
wow and i thought openroad was bad
Open Road BMW just hosted a wonderful event for the NJ BMW CCA club members this evening. Larry Koch M Brand Manager of BMW NA was the guest speaker and there were over 50 members attended with lots of food and giveaways.

If you have any service issues, Tony Martins will be glad to sort it out. These guys are great in my opinion.

Paul -NJBMWCCA
Appreciate 0