BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-19-2008, 03:40 PM   #1
sayemthree
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: bmw

Audacity of Hope:''I will stand with the Muslims

From Obamas book, Audacity of Hope:''I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.''

look it up! think about it!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2008, 03:50 PM   #2
Hunter399
Major General
Rep
Drives: F90

eekkkk
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2008, 03:54 PM   #3
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i, 15 Infiniti Q60S

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Doesn't he already stands with the muslims? Did he mean that he would stand with the terrorists?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2008, 04:00 PM   #4
Tallest
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '14 F11 530d xdrive

Garage List
are there really enough idiots left who think he is a muslim? hopefully not here. they guy is not muslim, and who cares even he would be?

PS. don't just take out a qoute you say on DIGG or smth, bring out the whole content it was said in as well. that would be bit more fair, don't you think? (rhetorical obviously)
      10-19-2008, 04:02 PM   #5
sayemthree
Brigadier General
Rep

no one here said he is Muslim. but tell me why - if he is a true Christian , why on earth would he change his name to a Muslim name?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2008, 04:03 PM   #6
louz4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320what View Post
are there really enough idiots left who think he is a muslim? hopefully not here. they guy is not muslim, and who cares even he would be?

PS. don't just take out a qoute you say on DIGG or smth, bring out the whole content it was said in as well. that would be bit more fair, don't you think? (rhetorical obviously)
Please if you take away lies and half truths what would be left to say.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2008, 04:28 PM   #7
aut0sh0cker
meh
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i, 997.2 C4S

I don't give a shit if he does side with muslims or not! Seriously, why the hell do you care? Frankly, as long as a guy doesnt believe in killing infidels or brainwashing, he is alright with me. Why should it make a difference at all who he calls god?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2008, 04:38 PM   #8
consolidated
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
American's can be Christian, Muslim, Taoist, Buddhist, Jewish...or whatever they want to call themselves. You guys gotta stop thinking that YOUR beliefs are the ONLY beliefs.

God damn racists and you don't even know it!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2008, 04:55 PM   #9
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by consolidated View Post
American's can be Christian, Muslim, Taoist, Buddhist, Jewish...or whatever they want to call themselves. You guys gotta stop thinking that YOUR beliefs are the ONLY beliefs.

Then will you criticize the atheists who regularly post on here and demean Christians?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2008, 04:55 PM   #10
louz4
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

I prefer to think of them as misinformed. namaste.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2008, 05:15 PM   #11
consolidated
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
Then will you criticize the atheists who regularly post on here and demean Christians?
No, your the group in power, everyone else is in the minority. Christians have a hegemony on our society, they don't need defending from me. Minority rights, majority rule.

Moreover, I don't see many Americans throwing around the label "Christian" as a slur, where the OP is clearly using "Muslim" as such, not to mention the countless times the "Muslim" slur is thrown about by Joe Whomever in the media and without question of motive or intent.

"Muslim" is just the current slur, much like "communist", "immigrant", "negro", "homo", "woman"....before it.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2008, 05:17 PM   #12
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No, your the group in power, everyone else is in the minority. Christians have a hegemony on our society, they don't need defending from me. Minority rights, majority rule.
And in this opinion you are wrong. We all have inalienable rights. You removed any doubt about your lack of objectivity and unfairness.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2008, 05:19 PM   #13
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [2.00]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayemthree View Post
From Obamas book, Audacity of Hope:''I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.''

it's only your ignorance tells you stand with the muslims is a bad thing. it's sad how much this campaign showed of american public ignorance and hatred. associating Obama with islam just to give him a bad label, altho he obviously has nothing to do with the religion. IMHO u should be ashamed of yourself for starting such a thread
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2008, 06:00 PM   #14
consolidated
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
And in this opinion you are wrong. We all have inalienable rights. You removed any doubt about your lack of objectivity and unfairness.
Right back at you. I see no posts from Christians denouncing this sort of racsim. The ones who should be behaving like Christ. Shouldn't you, being a Christian, be the example first?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2008, 06:05 PM   #15
Negotiator
Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 07 GTI

The atheists on this board aside from e90im maintain that religion is bad for government, not as a social aspect. At least, that it should be private. Yes, most atheists do consider religion as a mass schizophrenia, but I don't see calls for dissolution of religious institutions.

Non-golfers don't have meetings where they discuss how they don't play golf, and would probably be pissed if a qualification for a job included playing golf.

Also, stop saying that we gang up on Christians. I think every religion is fucking stupid, not just yours. But that's your private right, and you can voice opinions based on that right. I just don't want religion to influence any government policy, how hard is this to understand...
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2008, 06:19 PM   #16
Los Angeles
Steve Forte Rio
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08' 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator View Post
I just don't want religion to influence any government policy, how hard is this to understand...
Separation of church and state.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2008, 07:55 PM   #17
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator View Post
I just don't want religion to influence any government policy, how hard is this to understand...
How would you like it to be said that "I don't want atheism to influence any government policy"? This is emminently as fair as what you said. Yet I do not support that statement (either yours or it's converse).
      10-19-2008, 08:17 PM   #18
AMJ_77
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3 M-DCT

Quote:

Think about what? What context was that taken from? People like you with shit for brains make me sick. Afraid of everyone else because if they are different then they are a threat. I assume you must have got that DVD in the mail. You have a Klux meeting you are late for or something? Sad, just sad.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2008, 08:29 PM   #19
sayemthree
Brigadier General
Rep

there go the racist claims again. its all you liberals can do is waive the racist flag. we are talking about religion - that has nothing to do with race.

the point is no one can beleive a work Barack says as he will flip flop on any issue to get the popular vote.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2008, 08:33 PM   #20
FolsomMike
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: crimson red 335 cabrio

Quote:
there go the racist claims again. its all you liberals can do is waive the racist flag. we are talking about religion - that has nothing to do with race.

the point is no one can beleive a work Barack says as he will flip flop on any issue to get the popular vote.
Religion has nothing to do with Race? Don't tell the KKK that.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2008, 08:37 PM   #21
louz4
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Flip flop on issues to get votes is not the exclusive domain of Obama. Politicans have been doing it for years. Kind of reminds me of Bush saying "I want to bring both sides together. I want to be a uniter." Our current President has lied to the American people for eight years. yeah that flip floping thing really scares me.
      10-19-2008, 08:51 PM   #22
Negotiator
Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 07 GTI

Quote:
How would you like it to be said that "I don't want atheism to influence any government policy"? This is emminently as fair as what you said. Yet I do not support that statement (either yours or it's converse).
If you're speaking from a perspective where atheism is an anti-religious social movement, then I absolutely would agree with you if you said that you don't want atheism to influence any government policy. There are many gradients of atheism, as there are religion, so it's not a black-and-white issue. But what I can absolutely agree with is that under no circumstance anyone's belief in the afterlife should be accounted in government policy. On most issues religious beliefs don't even now, except for things like teaching religion as part of a public school curriculum which falls into the group of issues that are influenced by one's personal beliefs. Abortion rights are much more humanistic and social freedom (freedom to live vs freedom to manipulate your body) than religious issues.
Appreciate 0