BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

03-09-2013, 07:52 PM   #1
kerkiraios00
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 MW M3

Bpm Tuned!!!!! :D

Ok ladies and gentalmen I finally downloaded my tune today from Mike (BPM) After doing some reaserch I decided to go with BPM bc of all the good write ups and I did and I'm extremely happy because this tune was worth every penny . First off the car feels soooo much more responsive it really woke up from this tune and it's only a stage 1 tune.. The car drives alot smoother, I honestly didn't expect it, it's like a completely different car. It almost feel like your in the previous gear, 5th feels like 4th etc. My car is pretty much stock all I have is the AA green filter with a Meisterschaft GT exhaust with the SR pipes.. I can't wait and put an x pipe or the test pipes so I can do the stage II tune. I'm just not sure what ill be going with yet. Also mike is a great dude to deal with patient and cool. Sorry if I posted it in the wrong section, I was just so happy I had to post it and let my fellow forum members the results and experience.. I was unsure at first and I just said screw it and I'm glad I went with Mikes tune!! Thanks alot bro looking forward to stage II..
2018 F80 M3 ZCP Mineral White- Extended Shakir Orange - Full Suntek Ultra Wrapped - ///M Performance Spoiler - RKP Front Lip - RKP Side Skirts - Vorsteiner GTS Diffuser -AA Mid-Pipe-///M performance HAS kit - HRE P101

11 E90 M3 JEREZ BLK METALLIC ZCP SOLD

Last edited by kerkiraios00; 03-09-2013 at 11:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #2
j2m
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [10.00]

Congrats!
you go the right section!
Make sure to add details after some seat time

11' E92 M3 Space Grey | DCT | ESS VT2- 625 | Gintani Race (valved) + Quad Res Catless X-Pipe | KW Sleeve's | GC Camber Plates|Arkym Diffuser | Vorsteiner VRS Lip | P3 Boost Guage | Stud Conversion
PHOTO's: Click Here ESS VT2 625 PHOTOS: Click Here
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 10:32 PM   #3
IMG
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD

Very nice,Congrats !
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 04:08 AM   #4
M3takesNYC
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3

Enjoy! Catless/HFC and a good tune are hard to beat! Get that x-pipe or test pipes and you will be good to go!

Ask Mike or other members with the tune but I think stage 2 just means its for a catless/HFc setup but probably not night or day different than the one you have. Although the catless sestup itself will be hugely noticable. Good 15-20 bhp easy.

With catless, drop in filter and a tune you are probably at the 375-380 whp or 450 BHP
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 07:09 AM   #5
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3takesNYC View Post
With catless, drop in filter and a tune you are probably at the 375-380 whp or 450 BHP
That's huge gains. Is that correct?

I have BPM Stage I and I love it. Have been contemplating Stage II with Turner test pipes, and unless you can really feel the difference between my current setup and the proposed I can't see myself going down that path. It's nothing against Mike or his tune.

To me going catless is the ultimate and unless I can feel real gain through the seat of my pants then I don't think it's for me.

Convince me
      03-10-2013, 08:12 AM   #6
M0J0
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: XM3C '22 JKUR '13

I have been on the fence about getting this tune. I also considered getting the stage II tune, but I don't want to screw with the exhaust. I might do the stage I tune soon.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 08:19 AM   #7
CrucialScott
BMX Godfather
England
Rep
Drives: 2010 White E92 M3

Quote:
Do you have any information or proof to back that statement up? I'm looking at doing exactly those 3 things but was expecting much lower figures....

I think an email to BPM is definitely required ASAP

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 12:18 PM   #8
M3takesNYC
Banned
Rep

search the forum. dozens of dynos with this set of mods making 375 or more whp

I would PM Mike to see if stage 2 adds anything over stage 1 (if you already have it) plus catless/test pipes. Perhaps it takes away the cel but why speculate and just ask him.

catless, drop in and a tune really make a big difference. Surprising since most NA cars really don't respond to bolt ons that well usually.

Even a drop in makes a difference. I had my stock paper filter back in for 2 weeks and after putting a new bmc in it really felt right as I had gotten used to the bmc.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 12:24 PM   #9
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiem3 View Post

I have BPM Stage I and I love it. Have been contemplating Stage II with Turner test pipes, and unless you can really feel the difference between my current setup and the proposed I can't see myself going down that path. It's nothing against Mike or his tune.

To me going catless is the ultimate and unless I can feel real gain through the seat of my pants then I don't think it's for me.

Convince me
easily can be done
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 04:16 PM   #10
Mmmdreamer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 e90 M3 Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiem3 View Post

Convince me
wizard of oz, considering you have the tune already - which is the more expensive part, I see Test Pipes as a no-brainer. Adding the test pipes completes the car in my opinion - at least from a bolt on perspective, sounds perfect and you WILL feel it. It's like another tune on top =)
[08 e90 M3. Jet Black/Black. Dinan Rear Exhaust. ACM Test Pipes. ESS Tune. Eibach Pro-Kit + e36 bumpstops. 18x10 Apex Arc-8. AA Air Filter. RPI Scoops. CREE Angel Eyes. OEM Blacklines. Black Reflectors. Gloss Black Grills. Matte Black Gills. ZCP Shift Knob]
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 05:16 PM   #11
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmmdreamer View Post
wizard of oz, considering you have the tune already - which is the more expensive part, I see Test Pipes as a no-brainer. Adding the test pipes completes the car in my opinion - at least from a bolt on perspective, sounds perfect and you WILL feel it. It's like another tune on top =)
Thank you for the response. Compelling. Now need to order the test pipe and stage 11. Hope Mike is back sooner. The forum and especially threads on tunes don't have the oomph factor without the guru's input.
      03-10-2013, 11:30 PM   #12
kerkiraios00
Major
No_Country
Rep

Well that's what I'm thinking about.. I have a meisterschaft gt exhaust and it kinda loud already so I'm not sure if I should do test pipes or test pipes and an x pipe? Don't wanna it to be too loud? Def do the tune big difference!!
2018 F80 M3 ZCP Mineral White- Extended Shakir Orange - Full Suntek Ultra Wrapped - ///M Performance Spoiler - RKP Front Lip - RKP Side Skirts - Vorsteiner GTS Diffuser -AA Mid-Pipe-///M performance HAS kit - HRE P101

11 E90 M3 JEREZ BLK METALLIC ZCP SOLD
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 12:01 AM   #13
M3takesNYC
Banned
Rep

Your crazy to keep a rear exhaust and not get an xpipe/catless setup. You are leaving 20 hp on the table
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 08:37 AM   #14
kerkiraios00
Major
No_Country
Rep

I know your right I just don't know what to do? I was thinking to get an xpipe with hfc? Would that be almost as good as catless? Or should I just go catless? I'm afraid the car might be too loud?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #15
coogs08
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerkiraios00 View Post
I know your right I just don't know what to do? I was thinking to get an xpipe with hfc? Would that be almost as good as catless? Or should I just go catless? I'm afraid the car might be too loud?
If cost is a concern, just get test pipes and call it a day. You will still have the OEM resonators and secondary cats to quiet it down and lower the smell.

If cost isn't a concern, then go with an x-pipe with HFC or one like Dinan that replaces the cats with resonators (4). I always hear great things about the Dinan x-pipe.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 10:51 AM   #16
M3takesNYC
Banned
Rep

To me the ideal is an xpipe like AA with HFC. No smell, not much louder but just gives you a higher pitch sound and you get the 20 hp. Fitment is great and it has resonators as well.

Test pipes are or would be my choice if I did not have HFC setup

Catless on the bottom for me as its not worth the 2 hp difference between catless and HFc and don't want the smell or do have the legal implications
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #17
kerkiraios00
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3takesNYC View Post
To me the ideal is an xpipe like AA with HFC. No smell, not much louder but just gives you a higher pitch sound and you get the 20 hp. Fitment is great and it has resonators as well.

Test pipes are or would be my choice if I did not have HFC setup

Catless on the bottom for me as its not worth the 2 hp difference between catless and HFc and don't want the smell or do have the legal implications
So your saying to do just test pipes?? Instead of a hfc xpipe? Money is no object when it comes to increasing HP my friend!! I didn't know it's only a 2hp diff from catted no non catted wow def not worth it then..
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #18
coogs08
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerkiraios00 View Post
So your saying to do just test pipes?? Instead of a hfc xpipe? Money is no object when it comes to increasing HP my friend!! I didn't know it's only a 2hp diff from catted no non catted wow def not worth it then..
To clarify, he meant 2hp difference in removing the secondary cats.

Removing the primary cats will yield significantly more.
Appreciate 0