BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW

10-04-2019, 12:55 PM   #4687
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Key word here being "somewhat." You're golden man. I predict butt stuff by date 3.

Then there's the group of "I only do anal to preserve my virginity" girls. I'm not sure that is how that works.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      10-04-2019, 12:57 PM   #4688
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Every damn day.
Is that only after you do all the chores she wants you to do?

Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 01:05 PM   #4689
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post

Then there's the group of "I only do anal to preserve my virginity" girls. I'm not sure that is how that works.
Gotta love God's loophole

I've never understood it myself.

Quote:
Is that only after you do all the chores she wants you to do?
Honestly, I'm super lucky. She doesn't ask me for anything. Which of course makes me want to do things for her. I don't really do "chores" for her. I did help her do some painting a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't mind. There are times when I help her with stuff, but she is far from the typical girlfriend. The whole doing stuff for each other is very mutual. She is constantly doing small things for me without me even asking. She brings me food to work, does my dishes, folds laundry and whatnot. Despite my posts earlier in this thread, I'm a really lucky guy.

Last edited by King Rudi; 10-04-2019 at 01:13 PM..
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      10-04-2019, 03:07 PM   #4690
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Shit man, I'm lucky enough to have a girl that wants it just as much as I do. If we have to go a day without, we are complete bitches to everyone the day after.
Same here. Sometimes I cant get away from the shower after work. Not complaining, but some days I am tired since I'm usually up by 2:30am every morning.

Edit: (Note to Self) ......I need to start waking her up early as I'm a morning person! Wonder how that would go as she does like her sleep!
      10-04-2019, 03:59 PM   #4691
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Same here. Sometimes I cant get away from the shower after work. Not complaining, but some days I am tired since I'm usually up by 2:30am every morning.

Edit: (Note to Self) ......I need to start waking her up early as I'm a morning person! Wonder how that would go as she does like her sleep!
The girlfriend is all about some morning sex. Problem is that I'm up at 4:30 a.m. and usually in bed around 11:00 p.m. I don't get near enough sleep. I don't have to be at work until 7:30, but I'm an overachiever and like the overtime, so I'm in the office at 6:00 a.m. In order to do the morning sex, I'd have to get up even earlier, as I am....the polar opposite of a minute man. Now I do get that going too long is just as bad as not going long enough, so I try to shoot for the middle; but a rush job in the morning just doesn't set well with me. I'd rather wait to where I'm not quite so rushed. Now at the same time, a spontaneous quickie keeps the notion in the back of her mind throughout the day and only makes her want it more that evening.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      10-05-2019, 08:08 AM   #4692
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Key word here being "somewhat." You're golden man. I predict butt stuff by date 3.
I'm not so sure - there's a lot of butt there. Bigger than I expected from the photos - what a surprise
Appreciate 2
      10-05-2019, 08:10 AM   #4693
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post

dude on a normal school day i usually go to bed at around 2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
I'm not so sure - there's a lot of butt there. Bigger than I expected from the photos - what a surprise
how was the date?
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      10-05-2019, 03:03 PM   #4694
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
dude on a normal school day i usually go to bed at around 2...

how was the date?
We must be alike. I've existed on 3-4 hours of sleep a night for most of my life. In bed by 10:00pm-11:00pm each night, and up typically between 2:00am-2:30am each morning.

And that's without using an alarm clock for the last 20+ years!

Weekends are the same.
      10-06-2019, 01:43 AM   #4695
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Met a girl tonight who was really nice, in a high earning profession, and reasonably cute.

Yet I'm being my douche self again. Commitment averse and wanting to play the field to find somebody hotter.
Appreciate 3
Rmtt8206.00
MKSixer34171.50
King Rudi13152.00
      10-06-2019, 03:46 AM   #4696
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Met a girl tonight who was really nice, in a high earning profession, and reasonably cute.

Yet I'm being my douche self again. Commitment averse and wanting to play the field to find somebody hotter.
Been there. No need to think about committing this early anyway unless you're at that point.

Guess it depends on what you want. When I was dating, I was up front that I wasn't looking for anything serious, but not adverse to seeing what could happen......but really just looking for everyone to enjoy themselves.

My wife is very attractive and I've been told that by others. But I had dated plenty of what you could consider "Trophy Wife" material.

But it was my wife's personality that put her over the edge for me. Who knows, this new girl could surprise you in how she may appeal to you later....total package wise.

Either way....good luck. Sounds like she has some nice positives right out of the gate!
Germanauto9665.50
King Rudi13152.00
      10-06-2019, 01:02 PM   #4697
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post

Why do people always think about commitment on the first date? Pointless, worry about that later. Feel each other out (literally ) and see how it goes after a few dates at least. In the end, cute and sane always wins over hot and crazy (as far as actual GF vs. just hookups). Looks usually fade anyway. Not saying you should ever settle for someone, but always trying to find someone hotter might just lead you down a never ending road of dates that lead to nowhere.

Appreciate 6
Rmtt8206.00
Germanauto9665.50
Dang3r12503.00
King Rudi13152.00
      10-06-2019, 02:07 PM   #4698
ragingpanda
Banned
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Not saying you should ever settle for someone, but always trying to find someone hotter might just lead you down a never ending road of dates that lead to nowhere.
What's wrong with that? I have no intentions of ever marrying and plan on pumping and dumping until I croak.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 01:55 AM   #4699
someguywithanm3
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

So I've been living with that hot widow for a few months and I apparently messed it up.

I've been in the dog house since Sunday and it looks like she's calling it quits.

It's not something I did, but apparently it's my view on death. I believe it can happen at any moment and why worry about it. Well, she thinks that means I don't care about anyone. I'm trying to understand how that makes me a non-caring person.

Can anyone help me understand?

It's a shame. I really loved her.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 05:24 AM   #4700
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
If I were to ever be single again, I would wear a shirt that specifically said on the front:

‘I Fuck On The First Date’
Appreciate 4
King Rudi13152.00
MKSixer34171.50
      11-07-2019, 05:27 AM   #4701
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguywithanm3 View Post
So I've been living with that hot widow for a few months and I apparently messed it up.

I've been in the dog house since Sunday and it looks like she's calling it quits.

It's not something I did, but apparently it's my view on death. I believe it can happen at any moment and why worry about it. Well, she thinks that means I don't care about anyone. I'm trying to understand how that makes me a non-caring person.

I find this a bit puzzling unless it is out of context. I'm sure most people believe that tomorrow is not guaranteed. Whether it be do to sickness, accident, or an act of violence your card can be punched at anytime. This belief should make you cherish each day and everyone you love everyday.

If you act in a reckless manner because you can be dead tomorrow, then I get it. Meaning you don't lead a healthy lifestyle or make poor life choices (drugs, dangerous behavior) because why bother if you might get hit by a bus tomorrow. If this is the case, then she feels that you are being selfish as those who love you will feel the pain of your death because you didn't care enough about them to take care of yourself.

I can't respond to how to react without knowing the backstory - not trying to pry.
nyalpine907384.50
MKSixer34171.50
      11-07-2019, 06:47 AM   #4702
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I find this a bit puzzling unless it is out of context. I'm sure most people believe that tomorrow is not guaranteed. Whether it be do to sickness, accident, or an act of violence your card can be punched at anytime. This belief should make you cherish each day and everyone you love everyday.

If you act in a reckless manner because you can be dead tomorrow, then I get it. Meaning you don't lead a healthy lifestyle or make poor life choices (drugs, dangerous behavior) because why bother if you might get hit by a bus tomorrow. If this is the case, then she feels that you are being selfish as those who love you will feel the pain of your death because you didn't care enough about them to take care of yourself.

I can't respond to how to react without knowing the backstory - not trying to pry.
This. someguywithanm3 can you give more details? I hate to hear the scenario, but perhaps it's salvageable; especially if you really love her.
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15581.00
      11-07-2019, 07:00 AM   #4703
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:

its obvious that death is a very sensitive topic for her.
she doesnt want to deal with it again with you.
All you can do is talk with her again and let her vent and you can tell her how you feel and it was taken out of context.
Appreciate 3
cmyx6go15581.00
F30lolz6798.50
MKSixer34171.50
      11-07-2019, 09:53 AM   #4704
someguywithanm3
Private
Rep

Quote:

I'm not reckless. I have a safe job and I don't even ride motorcycles anymore. I think death is a tough subject for her. I've told her i love life, but that I'm not preocupied with the thought of death in a conversation a few weeks ago. It's inevitable and can come at any moment, but I'm certainly not looking for it. This set her off. She thinks that my view on the subject means that I can't love anyone. That somehow she doesn't matter to me. I'm trying to figure this out. Am I supposed to tell her I'm really afraid of death? It's so strange to me. I don't know if this is her way of trying to get out of the relationship or if she thinks me not being super afraid of death somehow indicates I'm incapable of love.

We've had a lot of good times together and this is coming out of left field. I don't want to lose her, but I certainly don't want her to stay if she's unhappy. I'd rather her be happy without me instead of miserable with me.

Sucks and sorry for venting guys.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 10:00 AM   #4705
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
I'm not reckless. I have a safe job and I don't even ride motorcycles anymore. I think death is a tough subject for her. I've told her i love life, but that I'm not preocupied with the thought of death in a conversation a few weeks ago. It's inevitable and can come at any moment, but I'm certainly not looking for it. This set her off. She thinks that my view on the subject means that I can't love anyone. That somehow she doesn't matter to me. I'm trying to figure this out. Am I supposed to tell her I'm really afraid of death? It's so strange to me. I don't know if this is her way of trying to get out of the relationship or if she thinks me not being super afraid of death somehow indicates I'm incapable of love.

We've had a lot of good times together and this is coming out of left field. I don't want to lose her, but I certainly don't want her to stay if she's unhappy. I'd rather her be happy without me instead of miserable with me.

Sucks and sorry for venting guys.
I was not saying you were reckless, just trying to rationalize.

I agree with what NYAlpine said. Death is a tough subject for her but I honestly don't get what she thinks you should think or feel. Try and talk it out with her. She's traumatized over losing someone she loved but I don't get her being upset with you because you don't stress over dying. You got me I hope it works out.
      11-07-2019, 10:05 AM   #4706
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Next time the topic comes up, maybe reframe it in a way that goes "I'm not preoccupied with the thought of death, but I make sure to cherish every moment because you never know what'll happen even in a few hours"?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 10:12 AM   #4707
someguywithanm3
Private
Rep

Quote:
I was not saying you were reckless, just trying to rationalize.

I agree with what NYAlpine said. Death is a tough subject for her but I honestly don't get what she thinks you should think or feel. Try and talk it out with her. She's traumatized over losing someone she loved but I don't get her being upset with you because you don't stress over dying. You got me I hope it works out.
Thanks. Maybe she thinks that if I'm afraid of death it means i'm afraid of losing her??

I just don't want to worry about things that are out of my control. Being afraid of death isn't going to magically make it stay away.

Don't get me wrong, when the time comes, I'm going to feel some anxiety/fear (I've had a couple of close calls), but I'm not going to worry about it in a daily basis.

To me, love and death are separate. She thinks my thoughts on one subject are not inline with hers and it's causing a lot of tension. She even told me she was leaving. I don't understand.
Appreciate 2
      11-07-2019, 10:12 AM   #4708
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:
Why do people always think about commitment on the first date? Pointless, worry about that later. Feel each other out (literally ) and see how it goes after a few dates at least. In the end, cute and sane always wins over hot and crazy (as far as actual GF vs. just hookups). Looks usually fade anyway. Not saying you should ever settle for someone, but always trying to find someone hotter might just lead you down a never ending road of dates that lead to nowhere.
Exactly. Most of the dates we go on will go nowhere near long term. Just have fun & get laid lol
Appreciate 0