BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > DIY Guides/ Discussions

Mporium BMW

02-06-2019, 06:45 PM   #1
Her M3
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E93

Power seat trouble

My passenger seat power drive cable that moves the seat forward and back is frayed. I have the seat apart and can not find the proper drive flex cable drive shaft I need. I order a used seat track from ebay but it is too long and not the off the correct model. I need a flex cable 9 3/4" in long with 3 mm squared ends. I am willing to buy new or used. Also willing to have one made if someone can advise. The dealer wants to sell you the whole seat.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 08:14 AM   #2
DreamTime
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

A friend of mine just recently replaced the cables in his front seats on his E39 540i. It wasn't difficult, and it was obviously way cheaper than replacing the whole seat. I would recommend finding a part number for the cable you need on RealOEM.com - then you can order what you need online or from the dealer.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 07:24 PM   #3
Her M3
Registered
Rep

I'll see what I can find. I didn't think you could order just that part. I have it apart. It's not any easy task with fat hands like mine, but i can do it if i can find the part.
Thanks for the lead on the parts look up.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 07:53 PM   #4
Her M3
Registered
Rep

I have visited realoem.com. The part I need is not listed. It shows the drive motor but not the drive shaft. Any other ideas? HELP please. My wife is driving her car with one seat. That means I can't ride unless I'm Miss Daisy in the back. Lots of leg room though with no passenger seat.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 09:59 AM   #5
DreamTime
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

If they don't list it as an individual part then maybe you're right, perhaps you can't order the cable separate from the whole seat?

Good luck! Hopefully someone else has some better advice for you.
Appreciate 0