BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-17-2011, 11:04 AM   #67
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette

deplorable
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 11:12 AM   #68
timmahh
ghey
United_States
Rep
Drives: Viertürigen Fahrzeugs

Southpark nailed it

"A sad day for Canada, and therefore the rest of the world"

THIS IS NOT TRADITION, OH NO THEY'VE KNOCKED OVER THE ROYAL BUTTERSCOTCH PUDDING! THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT TRADITION!
      06-17-2011, 11:18 AM   #69
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Watching this again I do not see how anyone can find this funny or make jokes about this.

Its disgusting.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 11:52 AM   #70
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep
Drives: Ordered: 2023 G80 M3 6MT

Makes me sick to my stomach to watch all of this. I'm still terribly confused as to why they destroyed their own city.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 12:03 PM   #71
JuuS
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

As a YVR local, I'm happy to report that the city is back to its normal state. Hoards of folks came out yesterday and volounteered to help clean up our beautiful city. Downtown is busy with cars and pedestrians and except for the window repair crews working to fix the glass, its business as usual.

Let me say that the riots had absolutely nothing to do with hockey or the Canucks losing the Cup. The perpetrators of this mess came prepared to start a riot, win or lose. It appears to be the same organizers that tried to pull shit during our pre Olympic events. And the few hundred drunk idiots that were suckered to join, well, most of them are not even from Vancouver. Most of the trouble making bastards train-in by the boatloads from Surrey and other savoury suburbs. (offense intented)

There's also a lot of bashing of the police by people who have no clue of the events. The police actually did a damn good job. Hindsight has proven their calm and concentrated efforts to be the wiser of choices. When you have to deal with a crowd of 100 thousand people and when 99.9% of the crowd is innocent, you simply cannot charge in and tear gas the crap out of everyone. That would create an instant trampling stampede. They cleared the downtown core section by section and this gave time for people to get on the trains out of the city to go home. Of course it hurt to watch cars and stores get trashed but the only thing that got hurt was our pride and inanimate objects that can be replaced.

We have tons of pictures and we have a public that wants revenge. The real citizens of Vancouver are pissed off.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 12:10 PM   #72
chinoxs203
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335xi AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuuS View Post

Let me say that the riots had absolutely nothing to do with hockey or the Canucks losing the Cup. The perpetrators of this mess came prepared to start a riot, win or lose.
this is what i had figured. sucks bro. id figure this would come from a bunch of Bostonians

FOR SALE:
Dropbox - please
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 12:12 PM   #73
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by len56 View Post
fucking rioters. there's little i hate more when people riot for no reason or some bullshit reasons. u mad bro? hell fucking yes. just watching this makes me want to have them all hang (not the innocent bystanders :P).

and gooooodddd god... those girls with that m5... i would kill each of those vacant brained fucks hitting their car.

realistically if i was defending my car, i would just get in and put my foot down. fuck anyone who is trying to damage it. (i'd reverse as well to make sure i clear out all the sons o bitches :P). i'm sure my lawyer could put it too 'self defense in fearing for my life'

this guy was doing the right thing and look what happened:
http://www.thestar.com/videozone/100...-vancouver-mob

could put a bullet in their each of their heads and sleep like a baby afterwards.

good god i would have so much fun with this there...

saving world resources and practicing my headshots at same time! ...

shit i'm going crazy lol
Yeah panic may have ensued after several rioter heats explode and spew grey matter all over the place, but I think it would be very effective in curbing the idea that continuing to riot was a good idea. Plus, it would be good for the gene pool. It's a win-win situation.

And I wish that M5 owner had been armed and well-trained. A bunch of so-called men ganging up on a woman and destroying her property like that.... And all the phags that stood around and watched it happen.... What a bunch of fucktards.

Canada, I am disappoint.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 12:16 PM   #74
JuuS
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinoxs203 View Post
this is what i had figured. sucks bro. id figure this would come from a bunch of Bostonians
If you recorded the game, you can watch Vancouver fans cheer Boston when Chara and Thomas hoisted the cup over their heads. Congrats for Boston for winning. Of course we booed the shit out of Bettman to drown him out, but that's a given for any city he's at.

Oh, and for the many people that defended property whether it be cars or stores, none of property were there's. They were complete strangers guarding other people's stuff.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 12:19 PM   #75
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep
Drives: Ordered: 2023 G80 M3 6MT

Quote:
As a YVR local, I'm happy to report that the city is back to its normal state. Hoards of folks came out yesterday and volounteered to help clean up our beautiful city. Downtown is busy with cars and pedestrians and except for the window repair crews working to fix the glass, its business as usual.

Let me say that the riots had absolutely nothing to do with hockey or the Canucks losing the Cup. The perpetrators of this mess came prepared to start a riot, win or lose. It appears to be the same organizers that tried to pull shit during our pre Olympic events. And the few hundred drunk idiots that were suckered to join, well, most of them are not even from Vancouver. Most of the trouble making bastards train-in by the boatloads from Surrey and other savoury suburbs. (offense intented)

There's also a lot of bashing of the police by people who have no clue of the events. The police actually did a damn good job. Hindsight has proven their calm and concentrated efforts to be the wiser of choices. When you have to deal with a crowd of 100 thousand people and when 99.9% of the crowd is innocent, you simply cannot charge in and tear gas the crap out of everyone. That would create an instant trampling stampede. They cleared the downtown core section by section and this gave time for people to get on the trains out of the city to go home. Of course it hurt to watch cars and stores get trashed but the only thing that got hurt was our pride and inanimate objects that can be replaced.

We have tons of pictures and we have a public that wants revenge. The real citizens of Vancouver are pissed off.
The worst part for me is even if they didn't start it the assholes still destroyed innocent peoples property and when people stood up to defend their property they got the shit beaten out of them. Is it even more sad they were rioting just to riot with no real motive?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 12:20 PM   #76
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep

If people are "innocent" they don't stand around while a riot happens. If you are not partaking, you should leave.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 12:20 PM   #77
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
why not burn down Boston? Your hockey team lost, and now your city's on fire? How is that better? Wouldn't it make more sense to riot in Boston?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 12:21 PM   #78
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
why not burn down Boston? Your hockey team lost, and now your city's on fire? How is that better? Wouldn't it make more sense to riot in Boston?
Because there ****** teens that live with there mom that have no lives? That would cost money.

They are just immature STUPID people. Its repulsive
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 12:22 PM   #79
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Question:

If something like this starts and I see people hitting my car, am I legally allowed to take a gun and start defending my car?

In a way, if I tell them to stop, they will beat me/try to beat me, thus it's self defense... but if I start shooting and people are killed, would I be charged with murder/man-slaughter? or will my lawyer be able to get me off without any issue(s)?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 12:22 PM   #80
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
If people are "innocent" they don't stand around while a riot happens. If you are not partaking, you should leave.
Just like when people in the ghetto are just going about their business and get hit with a stray bullet...they're not innocent either, innocent people aren't around when a shooting happens
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 12:25 PM   #81
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Just like when people in the ghetto are just going about their business and get hit with a stray bullet...they're not innocent either, innocent people aren't around when a shooting happens
Well people in the ghetto sometimes just stand outside

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Question:

If something like this starts and I see people hitting my car, am I legally allowed to take a gun and start defending my car?

In a way, if I tell them to stop, they will beat me/try to beat me, thus it's self defense... but if I start shooting and people are killed, would I be charged with murder/man-slaughter? or will my lawyer be able to get me off without any issue(s)?
If its you car I would say no (unless you're in texas).

If you are being assaulted and feel your life is threatened then yes you have the right to defend yourself.

The truth is one gunshot up in the air would have scattered that entire crowd of cowards and that would have stopped it. People that do that are scared just like anyone else, they just are immature and careless.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 12:29 PM   #82
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
Well people in the ghetto sometimes just stand outside

If its you car I would say no (unless you're in texas).

If you are being assaulted and feel your life is threatened then yes you have the right to defend yourself.

The truth is one gunshot up in the air would have scattered that entire crowd of cowards and that would have stopped it. People that do that are scared just like anyone else, they just are immature and careless.
Yeah shooting in the air to disperse the crowd first is the best idea... but you never know, they might come after you
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 12:29 PM   #83
JuuS
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Because these drunk asses cannot afford a plane ticket nor be able to tell you where Boston is on a map.

Our city is not on fire. You're watching old footage I believe.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 12:32 PM   #84
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Our city is not on fire.
Thank you for the update, I was hoping emergency crews had managed to put the fires out by now. I can now sleep at night knowing Vancouver is no longer on fire.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 12:34 PM   #85
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

1:58 would never happen in my town. No cop here would take someone swinging at them riot or not.

Let me guess, next season will start off with a rematch of the Bruins vs. Canucks in Vancouver.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 12:43 PM   #86
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuned1 View Post
1:58 would never happen in my town. No cop here would take someone swinging at them riot or not.

Let me guess, next season will start off with a rematch of the Bruins vs. Canucks in Vancouver.
That would be..... AWESOME!!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 12:45 PM   #87
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Yeah shooting in the air to disperse the crowd first is the best idea... but you never know, they might come after you
Actually that's illegal and you will go to jail for that

Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 12:45 PM   #88
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

anarchists
Appreciate 0