BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions
Closed Thread

11-13-2018, 09:30 PM   #23
BimmerRules!
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 stick zcp [F30/zhp/E60]

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGS View Post
FYI, I've decided to simply avoid the wet roads on Thursday in the southeast, by leaving late tomorrow afternoon from work (on Wednesday) from Central MD while the weather is dry....landing in Roanoke on Wednesday night.

I'll spend the dreary Thursday in Roanoke (plenty of work I can do), and then Friday morning, mid-morning once the roads dry up a bit, I'll be hitting the BRP to drive into NC/Tennessee.

If you're coming into Roanoke on Thursday night, or plan to meet up with me on Friday morning in Roanoke for the Blue Ridge drive, just let me know by Thursday night.
Thanks for the update Kevin.

Pls check the weather channel link below as you decide as they forecast sleet/snow in the Roanoke area on Thursday.

https://weather.com/storms/winter/ne...-mix-northeast

Based on that, I decided for now to take I-95S on Thur to Petersburg. However, rain is supposed to start in NYC that afternoon and forecast is 100% rain for that entire route for Thursday afternoon. So, not happy at all.

I can try taking a day off from work on Thursday and leave early so that i try to reach Peterburg by the afternoon. Got to decide based on my work schedule.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 09:46 PM   #24
Three Pedal Steve
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 coupe' 6mt

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOF-M3 View Post
Is this still in the works Steve?

It will be just me on Friday. Weather permitting I will join some of the NE group for the final three hours of their journey.
On Saturday, another forum member (e92 black) will be at Deal's Gap by 9am to spend the day with the group. No response from our third local e92 M3.

memories: '71 2002 (new), '72 Bavaria, '74 2002tii, '00 540i Sport
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 11:03 PM   #25
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Past 2015 M4, Current 2013 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerRules! View Post
Thanks for the update Kevin.

Pls check the weather channel link below as you decide as they forecast sleet/snow in the Roanoke area on Thursday.

https://weather.com/storms/winter/ne...-mix-northeast

Based on that, I decided for now to take I-95S on Thur to Petersburg. However, rain is supposed to start in NYC that afternoon and forecast is 100% rain for that entire route for Thursday afternoon. So, not happy at all.

I can try taking a day off from work on Thursday and leave early so that i try to reach Peterburg by the afternoon. Got to decide based on my work schedule.
Understand, Bimmer. Safe travels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Pedal Steve View Post
It will be just me on Friday. Weather permitting I will join some of the NE group for the final three hours of their journey.
On Saturday, another forum member (e92 black) will be at Deal's Gap by 9am to spend the day with the group. No response from our third local e92 M3.
Steve, the messy Thursday weather will likely cause a later morning departure on Friday, so we're not driving on the BRP on damp roads. So, we likely won't get to the Pisgah Inn until later now...like 5ish or so, basically at sunset.

My one other concern is salt on the roads. I don't know if the interstate (I81) or the BRP in Southern VA will be "salted" after Thursday's messy road conditions...which also may dictate the route I take into Tennessee.

I'll keep you updated through Friday morning.

Last edited by KevinGS; 11-14-2018 at 09:44 AM..
Appreciate 1
      11-14-2018, 09:43 AM   #26
BimmerRules!
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 stick zcp [F30/zhp/E60]

Good luck to all of us traveling from the north.

Looking forward to meeting you on Fri night/Sat.

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 10:14 PM   #27
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep

Brink and I are here in Roanoke, for a few nights... drove down I81 together. Two E93s looking forward to the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Tail.

Pix:

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...EwA1ABegQIARAJ

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...EwAlABegQIABAH

Last edited by KevinGS; 11-14-2018 at 10:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 03:22 PM   #28
Three Pedal Steve
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 coupe' 6mt

Garage List
KevinGS send me a text message tomorrow when you guys are moving and have figured out road conditions and route. I am flexible with timing. Your alternate route will probably bring you into far western NC on hwy 19/74. I can join the group around Bryson City, or anywhere really.
Correction: Last fuel station will be at Lauada NC (on Hwy. 19/74) not Stecoah.

memories: '71 2002 (new), '72 Bavaria, '74 2002tii, '00 540i Sport
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 03:40 PM   #29
m3jala
Captain
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2013 BMW M3

Folks still assessing whether I take the trip down with you or solo. Will watch this thread and maybe catch up with you somewhere. Have wife in tow so we're still getting our planning in order.

Drive safe if on summers, this is no good weather if you're still sporting the slicks :-)
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 05:55 PM   #30
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Pedal Steve View Post
KevinGS send me a text message tomorrow when you guys are moving and have figured out road conditions and route. I am flexible with timing. Your alternate route will probably bring you into far western NC on hwy 19/74. I can join the group around Bryson City, or anywhere really.
Correction: Last fuel station will be at Lauada NC (on Hwy. 19/74) not Stecoah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3jala View Post
Folks still assessing whether I take the trip down with you or solo. Will watch this thread and maybe catch up with you somewhere. Have wife in tow so we're still getting our planning in order.

Drive safe if on summers, this is no good weather if you're still sporting the slicks :-)
Rain here all day in Roanoake, already clearing south of here...but the BRP is closed right now because of wind and some light snow in various towns, so I'm losing hope that we'll be on the BRP tomorrow which saddens me.

Holding out hope that it will open early tomorrow.

I don't think we'll leave until mid-morning, as we let the BRP dry out a bit, but I'll keep you all posted.
Appreciate 1
Closed Thread