BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BPM

07-03-2014, 03:58 PM   #45
Ant Man
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Individual Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post

Are the Black one's stiffer??

Yes, by quite some margin. The details are on the website.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 04:53 PM   #46
petrolheed
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

bump
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2016, 02:56 PM   #47
MT/RWD
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 6MT

I've KW clubsport 2 way installed and the car still roll.. so my plan so far is to have RD sport SB, TMS solid subframe and diff bushings, TMS solid engine and transmission mounts.. is there any recommendations or of feedback about this products.. and keep in mind I'm using my car on track only no more DD..

Sold:
997 GT2, E92 M3 6MT, RS4 B7
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 11:03 AM   #48
Ximian
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
2021 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiation Joe View Post
I have the Dinan monoballs in front and had them on my last e90.... haven't tracked with the monoballs, yet, but I expect better steering response while under braking.

Another advantage is the elimination of the dreaded 80mph shake from the front end. My first car didn't have any problem with shake, but the second car had it. My 18 inch RACs made it worse with the necessary spacers. The monoballs eliminated it.
Old post but any details on what this 80 MPH shake is referring to?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2022, 08:17 PM   #49
ixlr8_m3z
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

I know this is a old thread - but wanted to provide input I have not heard yet

E90 M3 6-MT
ymmv
Solid aluminum subframe bushings
Solid aluminum differential bushings
challenge race test pipes
AA signature exhaust

There is a lot of feedback on NVH and this is what I have to add. It is impossible to talk to people in the back seat over 40mph. Two reasons I am getting rid of the solid diff mounts after living with it for prob 4-years.
1) Conversation is impossible with back seat passengers over the whine
2) I used to tape a mic in the trunk to my gopro for track days vid and exhaust sounds. It sounded so good. If I put a mic in the trunk now - even at street speeds you cannot hear a test pipe exhaust over the whine as much as you should. That is a lot of NVH right there. Forget about picking up the exhaust sounds over the whine at track speed.

In my case - this is the experience. I have been upgrading my cars for years and I can truly say this was the only mod I ever regretted and fully hate. It sucks not being able to talk to your kids in the back seat. Tolerance? test pipes and track pads full time - street / track. So I know loud and neither bother me at all. But not being able to talk to people in your car is on another level.

Also a Mercedes master mechanic with a AMG 63 down the street that we have been to the track together was walking his dog. Next time I see him he asked my if I went to straight cut gears or something. It is so loud at 20mph people 60 feet away hear it loud enough to ask questions.

I know this is not everyone's exp - but wanted to share mine - that statistically, this could also happen to some other e9x owners as well.
Appreciate 2