BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

07-11-2020, 02:00 AM   #1101
dmlf
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 + Many saabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@Alpine View Post
Bunch of guys have ran the logger no problems. You need to use a k+DCAN cable. It won't work with the motor tune cable and you can log it.
Ok, I need to investigate further, tested with 2 different k+dcan cables, no luck, both work fine with inpa/ncs expert.

Thanks !
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2020, 08:32 AM   #1102
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

I have an issue with both 93 and e85 files. It does not accelerate smoothly from low rpm. My car has headers and catless xpipe.

So I did some logging with BMW logger and this is what I got, it looks like it actually starts at 2k rpm for me. You can see the first arrow pointing to the rpm value, it doesn't increase smoothly, at 2k rpm it flattens for a split second then increases evenly after this, while throttle is 100% the whole time and DSC is off.

The second arrow shows a dip in AFR ratio at this point. It dips to 0.84 then goes to 1, then works its way down a bit.

Not really sure what this means or what it points to:
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2020, 05:39 PM   #1103
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
I have an issue with both 93 and e85 files. It does not accelerate smoothly from low rpm. My car has headers and catless xpipe.

So I did some logging with BMW logger and this is what I got, it looks like it actually starts at 2k rpm for me. You can see the first arrow pointing to the rpm value, it doesn't increase smoothly, at 2k rpm it flattens for a split second then increases evenly after this, while throttle is 100% the whole time and DSC is off.

The second arrow shows a dip in AFR ratio at this point. It dips to 0.84 then goes to 1, then works its way down a bit.

Email me the log.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2020, 11:20 PM   #1104
enn__
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92M3, F80M3

Can someone with the super burbles on their car explain what they experience? Do I have to rev up to 6k rpm to hear noticeable burbles? At 2k rpm I can get a loud pop which and around 1500rpm I get some quiet burbles. Just wondering if this is how the tune is set up or if my mufflers are stopping the burbles.

Thinking of stepping down to normal burbles as the gunshot at 2k rpm will definitely get me in trouble eventually lol.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2020, 11:13 AM   #1105
anerbe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Red E90M 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by enn__ View Post
Can someone with the super burbles on their car explain what they experience? Do I have to rev up to 6k rpm to hear noticeable burbles? At 2k rpm I can get a loud pop which and around 1500rpm I get some quiet burbles. Just wondering if this is how the tune is set up or if my mufflers are stopping the burbles.

Thinking of stepping down to normal burbles as the gunshot at 2k rpm will definitely get me in trouble eventually lol.
Burble tune, you run the car up to ~6K= RPM and let off the gas completely. 6.5K should definitely do it, but i can sometimes get the car to do it at 5.5K.

Should be a lot of successive burbles / pops as the engine brakes.

To help it along, you may need to dip in and hold a very minimal throttle input.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2020, 11:23 AM   #1106
Evo13
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '13 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by anerbe View Post
Burble tune, you run the car up to ~6K= RPM and let off the gas completely. 6.5K should definitely do it, but i can sometimes get the car to do it at 5.5K.

To help it along, you may need to dip in and hold a very minimal throttle input.
Basically as anerbe described. I normally do not run the burble tune but I threw it on for a cruise and noticed a lot of burbles on 3rd coming down from 6.5K and occasionally on 7th cruising around 2.5-3k letting go of the gas will give you a solid pop.

Also, when the car has been running and the exhaust gets hot I feel like it tends to burble a lot more. I've only ran with the burble tune twice and was not expecting the mount of burbles it was giving off.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2020, 02:29 PM   #1107
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo13 View Post
Quote:

Basically as anerbe described. I normally do not run the burble tune but I threw it on for a cruise and noticed a lot of burbles on 3rd coming down from 6.5K and occasionally on 7th cruising around 2.5-3k letting go of the gas will give you a solid pop.

Also, when the car has been running and the exhaust gets hot I feel like it tends to burble a lot more. I've only ran with the burble tune twice and was not expecting the mount of burbles it was giving off.
I got two new burbles coming out.

I have reduced burbles for you stage 2 guys with minimal to no backfire effects.

I'm also testing burbles for you guys with stock exhaust/stage 1.

If you are currently running our tune and want to be part of the beta testing send me a email titled "beta testing" and please include the stage you are running.

Alex@alpinemss.com
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2020, 07:17 PM   #1108
93silverbullet
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo13 View Post
Quote:

I have reduced burbles for you stage 2 guys with minimal to no backfire effects.

If you are currently running our tune and want to be part of the beta testing send me a email titled "beta testing" and please include the stage you are running.

Alex@alpinemss.com
Alex,

Email sent to be a beta tester.
      07-13-2020, 08:52 PM   #1109
Evo13
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '13 M3

Quote:

Alex@alpinemss.com
Awesome thanks for the heads up, I will email you shortly. Now out of curiosity can you elaborate on the reduced burbles (stage 2) and is there any "updates" to your other tunes?

I've been running stage 2 since around February and love it, it runs amazingly. The second tune I have is a stage 2 burble tune which is also great but I just don't wanna be obnoxious so I dont run it all the time.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 05:11 AM   #1110
bennylagoon
bennylagoon
France
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92

Quote:

Same problem for me and same log.

Have you found the problem ?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 08:27 AM   #1111
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennylagoon View Post
Quote:

His problem is most likely isolated to burbles and quickly returning from burbling to driving. What is your problem?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 08:58 AM   #1112
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

Not yet, Alex has said that his tunes are stock until about 3200rpm, no added fuel or ignition timing until 3200.

Because of the lower back pressure with headers, catless, xpipe closer to the engine, perhaps there needs to be specific tuning for that.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 03:23 PM   #1113
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Not yet, Alex has said that his tunes are stock until about 3200rpm, no added fuel or ignition timing until 3200.

Because of the lower back pressure with headers, catless, xpipe closer to the engine, perhaps there needs to be specific tuning for that.
Have you tried running stock file seeing if you have the same problem?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 05:38 PM   #1114
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Not yet, but I plan to soon.

FL summer heat has me not wanting to be in the garage, plus I haven't been driving it much the last few months.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 06:41 AM   #1115
bennylagoon
bennylagoon
France
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92

Quote:
No problem at all for me with the stock file and stage 2 file on 93 gas.

Problems begins with e85. Before 3k rpm if I put too much load i have misfires. Over 3k rpm no problem.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 07:32 AM   #1116
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Problems begins with e85. Before 3k rpm if I put too much load i have misfires. Over 3k rpm no problem.
Sounds like the E85 issue might be different,
I had that problem with the E85 file also when the engine was cold, if I gave it too much throttle at low rpm it would misfire and go into limp mode. When the engine warmed up that didn't happen.

On 93 file, I don't get any CEL or issues, only the hesitation at low rpm I posted above.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 12:34 AM   #1117
omgzirra_exe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4.4L M3, IS300

You guys need to remember e85 isn't always e85.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 11:53 AM   #1118
dfjaws
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 / E86 M Coupe

Quick question for those who have upgraded; When upgrading from stage 1 to stage 2 is it necessary to flash back to stock and then to stage 2 or just flash over the stage 1 map directly with stage 2? Thanks!
      08-03-2020, 12:14 PM   #1119
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfjaws View Post
Quick question for those who have upgraded; When upgrading from stage 1 to stage 2 is it necessary to flash back to stock and then to stage 2 or just flash over the stage 1 map directly with stage 2? Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfjaws View Post
You can flash directly to stage 2. Flash first is only one time.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 12:15 PM   #1120
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep

Group Buy is active guys if you want to join go to the thread blow

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1703066
Appreciate 1
tigermack474.50
      08-03-2020, 05:36 PM   #1121
dfjaws
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 / E86 M Coupe

Quote:
You can flash directly to stage 2. Flash first is only one time.
Thank you! Car is stage 2 now and running perfectly!
      08-17-2020, 04:28 AM   #1122
m7mad
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G30 540i

Does anyone know where can i find the stock file both for the Tune and stock DCT software, car is runing sluggish and throwing random codes, sometimes it would not even start unless i clear them, I need to run stock files to see if it fixes anything.

Last edited by m7mad; 08-17-2020 at 04:51 AM..
Appreciate 0