BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

European Auto Source (EAS)

11-28-2015, 08:45 PM   #23
cplagz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3 AlpineWeiss 3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
1986 BMW 325  [0.00]
An update of sorts... OEM xpipe with M3World valves rear section. I haven't had time to connect the vacuum lines and took the car for the first long drive since ive had it (350km) it was fine for me, however the minister of finance had some complaints about the noise over an extended period of time in the passenger seat. Upon arrival at our destination I've had some spare time so I disconnected the valves and manually wired them shut. I just took the minister for another short drive and she is now completely happy again. Mind you with it fully open she also had no qualms when she was driving it with the loud pedal firmly planted! Hoping to get the m3world xpipe with high flow cats and resonators installed next week and will do the vacuum lines at the same time...for ultimate mild to wild at the press of a button.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 03:59 PM   #24
Rocket_Rod
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 & M2 F87

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cplagz View Post
An update of sorts... OEM xpipe with M3World valves rear section. I haven't had time to connect the vacuum lines and took the car for the first long drive since ive had it (350km) it was fine for me, however the minister of finance had some complaints about the noise over an extended period of time in the passenger seat. Upon arrival at our destination I've had some spare time so I disconnected the valves and manually wired them shut. I just took the minister for another short drive and she is now completely happy again. Mind you with it fully open she also had no qualms when she was driving it with the loud pedal firmly planted! Hoping to get the m3world xpipe with high flow cats and resonators installed next week and will do the vacuum lines at the same time...for ultimate mild to wild at the press of a button.
You need to relocate your Minister..... my suggestion...... after this I never got another complaint.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-01-2015, 06:10 PM   #25
cplagz
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
1986 BMW 325  [0.00]
Haha, I will try it and let you know how I go.

Looks like I'll be attempting the Xpipe install on jack stands as I can't get access to the pit/hoist I was going to before the weekend
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2015, 06:18 PM   #26
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Haha, I will try it and let you know how I go.

Looks like I'll be attempting the Xpipe install on jack stands as I can't get access to the pit/hoist I was going to before the weekend
What a bummer, doing it on jack stands is just too hard, on a lift its about a 45 minute - 1hr job and easy. I'll go over the valve install on the weekend too, I'm also bringing across some valves for CC Arnie.

The difference you get in sound is incredible with the full X pipe, then you will really need the valves. IMO one of the best V8 sounds around with the full system
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2015, 04:46 PM   #27
cplagz
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
1986 BMW 325  [0.00]
1 hour 45 minutes including stuffing around going into the house to get X-pipe and unbox it etc

This thread helped a lot in cutting down time though - http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=455900

Phone microphone goes whack. That's pre-stage 2 tune also so cold start craziness was enabled.

Last edited by cplagz; 12-03-2015 at 04:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2015, 06:09 AM   #28
CC_Arnie
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Alright...I have an M3 World cat-back without valves and was wanting some more muffle for my daily driving. So I got valves (delivered to me personally by DaveDee in Perth - now that's service!) and had them installed by Regan at RAMP. And the result is fantastic and I (and the better half) echo the above sentiments by cplagz. I consider this the perfect exhaust with the V8 rumble and madness on open but sensible and relaxing with the valves shut. Well done DaveDee and thank you.
Appreciate 1
      12-14-2015, 07:46 PM   #29
cplagz
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
1986 BMW 325  [0.00]
Great to hear the valves have helped your situation CC_Arnie. I still haven't got around to hooking up the vacuum lines to mine so they are still just wired shut haha.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2016, 03:21 AM   #30
sct911
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

m3 world xtreme sound clip from outside car , excuse the video compression

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2016, 04:15 AM   #31
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sct911 View Post
m3 world xtreme sound clip from outside car , excuse the video compression

It's quite unique, really loud but sounds insane under load... not your average daily driver.... but only the sound a V8 can make Thanks for the video, hope you are enjoying
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2016, 04:08 PM   #32
Rocket_Rod
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 & M2 F87

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee View Post
It's quite unique, really loud but sounds insane under load... not your average daily driver.... but only the sound a V8 can make Thanks for the video, hope you are enjoying
Remind me again why the F80's are a better M car.....
Seriously, when the next generation M cars have been released and the F80's are no longer the fastest (that is all they have going for them), the sound of the E9X will be King again!

You can never get bored of our cars sound.... On my signal unleash Hell!

Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      05-01-2017, 08:19 PM   #33
Hans_Bimmer
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92 Mineral White

Hey Dave, I have also been eyeing off the valved rear section and was wondering if this is a bolt on system or does it need to be welded up? I can't see any reference to it on the website, but I am known to be a numpty....
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 08:52 PM   #34
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NekMinnit View Post
Hey Dave, I have also been eyeing off the valved rear section and was wondering if this is a bolt on system or does it need to be welded up? I can't see any reference to it on the website, but I am known to be a numpty....
No that's a fair question. Everything is supplied, nothing to weld and everything is fully adjustable for stock or cars with diffusers. The kit comes in 3 parts, connecting pipes, mufflers/valves and tips. The only thing I suggest is that sealing silicone is used on the connecting pipe ball flare as the OE clamp does is not a complete circle.

Cheers

Dave
Appreciate 1
      05-02-2017, 03:10 AM   #35
PB
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I had the M3 World valved catback installed a week ago. All I can say is wow! Night and day compared to the OEM sound and looks so much nicer. The valved option is the way to go for sure as you may not want to have the valves open all the time. The usual excellent service and quality form Dave Dee prevails. Galsports in WA who did the install were praising the fitment and quality of the system. There are several M3 World systems in WA now.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2017, 05:05 AM   #36
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB View Post
I had the M3 World valved catback installed a week ago. All I can say is wow! Night and day compared to the OEM sound and looks so much nicer. The valved option is the way to go for sure as you may not want to have the valves open all the time. The usual excellent service and quality form Dave Dee prevails. Galsports in WA who did the install were praising the fitment and quality of the system. There are several M3 World systems in WA now.
Thanks Phil
Glad to hear you are enjoying the system and thanks for the kind words.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2017, 05:50 AM   #37
M3CRZY
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E92

Is there any video's of the" cat back valved M3 World exhaust only" sound around , My car is stock .
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2017, 07:22 AM   #38
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3CRZY View Post
Is there any video's of the" cat back valved M3 World exhaust only" sound around , My car is stock .
The first post on this thread is by Rocket Rod, his system is a catback only (not valved) but he's put together a great vid which is an accurate representation of the sound. Valves will just make this quieter. The sound with an X pipe and full system is totally different again. For those who like it a bit louder this clip of the white E90 has a valved system with Xpipe and high flow cats/no resonators

Appreciate 0
      05-02-2017, 04:34 PM   #39
M3CRZY
Private
Rep

Thanks Dave . So Rocket Rod's exhaust is completly standard , but has the M3 World cat back exhaust with resonators , which with valves added will make it quiet when u dont want to upset the neighbors ? .

It sounds perfect to me in the vid , sounds completely different , like a very deep sound , like an american V8 ? which is the sound i like ,is that the sound it makes Dave ?

I am Not into the tinny mix up raspy sound you normally hear from after market exhaust for the M3 V8 ! Which is not for me . That Sound is awesome on the E46 M3 to me .
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2017, 04:39 PM   #40
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3CRZY View Post
Thanks Dave . So Rocket Rod's exhaust is completly standard , but has the M3 World cat back exhaust with resonators , which with valves added will make it quiet when u dont want to upset the neighbors ? .

It sounds perfect to me in the vid , sounds completely different , like a very deep sound , like an american V8 ? which is the sound i like ,is that the sound it makes Dave ?

I am Not into the tinny mix up raspy sound you normally hear from after market exhaust for the M3 V8 ! Which is not for me . That Sound is awesome on the E46 M3 to me .
Yes, The vid Rod did is very accurate of the sound more so from the outside.
Valves will cut back that more which you need to the the crappy cold start noise in non tuned cars.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2017, 04:49 PM   #41
M3CRZY
Private
Rep

Thanks so much , Yes i will need the valves when i decide to do an exhaust , which will be soon , cos I live in a unit complex .

I see on M3 world the price for the exhaust and valves is just over $2k ? Plus freight .

Is it a can do home install , with basic tools and ramps ?
Appreciate 1
DaveDee532.00
      05-02-2017, 05:31 PM   #42
DBE
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3

I've heard Daves exhaust on heaps of cars from the club here in QLD and it's the perfect choice for that meaty V8 sound. The valves make a huge difference in cutting sound but tuning to remove the cold start will really help since you're in a unit
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2017, 05:47 PM   #43
PB
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I don't think this is a home install job. The valves add complexity. Mine was professionally installed and still took several hours.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2017, 05:47 PM   #44
M3CRZY
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBE View Post
I've heard Daves exhaust on heaps of cars from the club here in QLD and it's the perfect choice for that meaty V8 sound. The valves make a huge difference in cutting sound but tuning to remove the cold start will really help since you're in a unit
Ok thanks again , its defiantly the sound i am after !! Awesome .
Appreciate 0