BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

03-21-2024, 09:28 AM   #1
e92 Vel
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 e92 m3

BPM Sport BEST SC/NA Tune in the Market!!

Let me just say that BPM Mike Benvo saved my car after a month and a half dealing with bootlegs tuners. Not trying to bad mouth any tuner but beginning of this year I bought an ESS VT2 625 Kit. The ESS tune that came with it is okay but was not really I was looking for. I went to Alex from Alpine since I had his NA tune and gave me a hefty discount if I get his SC tune so I went ahead and bought. Loaded the Alpine SC tune and my car went into limp mode 4 minutes into driving the car. Redid the tune and still the same. The code 27A8 always comes up. He really had a bad attitude to begin with and giving me all unnecessary BS about the car. Did not want to deal with it so I went to TTFS instead which is local to me in the DMV. On the other hand, TTFS did my tune and I was expecting it to be all set and good until when I picked it up from Frank, the car went into limp mode 20 minutes driving on the highway at 66. My heart dropped and I was so scared for my life cos the car wont even go up to 50mph with my foot all the way down the pedal. I got home and I immediately talked to Frank about it cos the car showed 10 codes and Christmas light was all on in my dash. He then said it's a "mechanical issue" and told me to change a bunch of parts even if the codes werent showing. Cut the long story short he made me change ICVs, TA's, FVB, Sparkplugs and Coilpacks and after all that it was still the same issue.

Went ahead and talked to Mike regarding the issues and the codes it kept showing. Bought the tune from him and he was super cool enough to load the tune himself to my car. The car started and sounder stronger than ever and drives smoothly. Went for a test drive while he was on the phone with me and redlined it and no issues at all. I'm so stoked he brought my car back to life. I can't really say thank you enough to BPM for tuning my SC E92 in the proper way. I would highly recommend BPM for any tune you need whether it's NA or SC or Trans tune/Coding. BPMSport is the way to go!
Appreciate 3
      03-21-2024, 12:46 PM   #2
MineralWhiteF80
Dont listen to me
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82, E92 M3, G30 M550i, E46

So it was simply a setting inside the tune that wasn't correct? I felt compelled to google research the scary 27A8 code and this post popped up that seemed to be pretty close to your issue:
https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1412329
      03-21-2024, 01:49 PM   #3
ek9hatch00
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [0.00]
Ran into the same issue with TTFS as well. Car threw a bunch of codes after loading his garbage tune and wasted money changing ICV and TA's.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2024, 02:29 PM   #4
911r
Captain
Rep
Drives: slowly

Wouldn’t stake the claim that BPM has the ‘best NA tune on the market’ when you have very limited experience with NA tuners.

Glad he was able to get you sorted though.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2024, 02:31 PM   #5
omgzirra_exe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4.4L M3, IS300

yeah the claim is very rough. especially after you replaced all the regular stuff that should be replaced before a supercharger install if needed. lol.

glad it works though.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2024, 02:46 PM   #6
e92 Vel
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ek9hatch00 View Post
Ran into the same issue with TTFS as well. Car threw a bunch of codes after loading his garbage tune and wasted money changing ICV and TA's.
Yeah bro. I was going to change the TA's eventually since i had it sitting in my garage. Just waiting for it to break but the rest of the unnecessary parts Frank told me to change was maybe not even needed.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2024, 02:47 PM   #7
e92 Vel
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MineralWhiteF80 View Post
So it was simply a setting inside the tune that wasn't correct? I felt compelled to google research the scary 27A8 code and this post popped up that seemed to be pretty close to your issue:
https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1412329
Yeah it was simply a bad tune from TTFS. I should've done more research but this was definitely a waste of money going through TTFS and Alpine.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2024, 08:15 AM   #8
Disgustipated
Rep
Drives: Evo 8 RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92 Vel View Post
Let me just say that BPM Mike Benvo saved my car after a month and a half dealing with bootlegs tuners. Not trying to bad mouth any tuner but beginning of this year I bought an ESS VT2 625 Kit. The ESS tune that came with it is okay but was not really I was looking for. I went to Alex from Alpine since I had his NA tune and gave me a hefty discount if I get his SC tune so I went ahead and bought. Loaded the Alpine SC tune and my car went into limp mode 4 minutes into driving the car. Redid the tune and still the same. The code 27A8 always comes up. He really had a bad attitude to begin with and giving me all unnecessary BS about the car. Did not want to deal with it so I went to TTFS instead which is local to me in the DMV. On the other hand, TTFS did my tune and I was expecting it to be all set and good until when I picked it up from Frank, the car went into limp mode 20 minutes driving on the highway at 66. My heart dropped and I was so scared for my life cos the car wont even go up to 50mph with my foot all the way down the pedal. I got home and I immediately talked to Frank about it cos the car showed 10 codes and Christmas light was all on in my dash. He then said it's a "mechanical issue" and told me to change a bunch of parts even if the codes werent showing. Cut the long story short he made me change ICVs, TA's, FVB, Sparkplugs and Coilpacks and after all that it was still the same issue.

Went ahead and talked to Mike regarding the issues and the codes it kept showing. Bought the tune from him and he was super cool enough to load the tune himself to my car. The car started and sounder stronger than ever and drives smoothly. Went for a test drive while he was on the phone with me and redlined it and no issues at all. I'm so stoked he brought my car back to life. I can't really say thank you enough to BPM for tuning my SC E92 in the proper way. I would highly recommend BPM for any tune you need whether it's NA or SC or Trans tune/Coding. BPMSport is the way to go!
Glad to hear you got your issues resolved. Alex@Alpine really does have a bad, horribly condescending attitude and TTFS is a sad joke at this point. I ran with a BPMSport tune on one of my cars for 3+ years with zero issues and excellent drivability and power.
Appreciate 2
      04-01-2024, 01:45 PM   #9
BPMSport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Thank you for the kind words and glad the car is running as it should!
Appreciate 0