BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

03-07-2021, 09:54 PM   #1
Angr2387
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw M3

Ive been working on my car wrapping it past 3 months. Yes took me a long time between work and cold weather , my first time doing it. I had the battery disconnected because i also had to replace the headliner. Once i got the wrap done i charged the battery overnight . Says its 100 percent charge and reads 12.7 volts. Car starts but i get these codes and even after clearing them they wont go away at all. They stay on after clearing .

I will take my battery to autozone to use there charger. I used a amazon charger that i never used before just got. Will report back . I try searching the codes and i never saw the blue question mark box with the star on my reader before. Any help much appreciated.

Battery came with the car. If battery still does the same thing after autozone trip will get a new battery from wal mart and see what happens.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 03:06 AM   #2
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

If the car drives ok I'd run for a few days and check codes again. Maybe the battery mgmt system feel better after the alternator have done its job for a bit. Did you charge via the bonnet connection or directly on the battery?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 07:39 AM   #3
Angr2387
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post
If the car drives ok I'd run for a few days and check codes again. Maybe the battery mgmt system feel better after the alternator have done its job for a bit. Did you charge via the bonnet connection or directly on the battery?
Quote:

I did a charge directly to the battery its now in autozone. Had one miss nut , going to home depot to get the missing nut for the negative terminal and one positive terminal. Good suggestion on driving it around and see if they go away
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 06:03 PM   #4
Angr2387
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I just got the battery from autozone. Took the car for a test drive as is to see anything else unusual. Its driving under limp mode normal nothing out the usual for limp mode. Got home clear the check engine and ran a bmw scan. Got these codes so far and will be driving to see if other codes come back from 1st post

My glove box light not working and the passanger side mirror dosent work. It says something about my hvac buttons but my heat and ac controls works when i press them. All my interior lights work but the glove box. My power steering dosent work hard to turn.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 08:18 PM   #5
Angr2387
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

i fixed the the right mirror the cable was unplugged and the light in the glove box the switch was faulty. Gona check the servotronic sensor wire to see if thats unplugged by the driver wheel.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 03:29 AM   #6
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Codes seems to be battery related. If you hook up the charger directly on the battery terminals you skip the battery mgmt bit (iirc a blue piece hanging outside batt.) which means it doesn't know it is charged (better to charge via the "red" terminal under the bonnet). The car obviously still get power but maybe it still send codes as it detects no charge has happend. Long shot, but again Id drive for a bit + hook up charger via bonnet.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 08:53 AM   #7
Angr2387
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Yeah i did charge under the bonnet as well nothing. Did it like 3 times. Im going to get a battery from wal mart just in case i can return it if the issue keeps happening. I thought that right mirror plug would work after connecting i tried it nothing. All codes are still there with addition of a oxygen sensor bank 1 coast mode diagnosis before cat 1, i changed both of them 6 months ago and this car is barley driven. I will get a new battery and see what happens sat before i bring it to the mechanic. Hopefully ill pass inspection as well as i have straight pipes and have only 1 system incomplete.

I drove 80 miles and no check engine light but codes still pop up. Weird
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 07:44 PM   #8
Angr2387
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I pass inspection with no cats in ny one less thing to worry about. i just bought a new battery. Lets see what happens
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2021, 05:29 PM   #9
Angr2387
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

i changed the battery still have power steering issue. i open the power steering fluid has fluid no swirls. Its not spilling out as the car is on or shooting out. I checked the wire that comes out of the servortonic on the steering rack that connects to the other wire, and no damage to the wire from what I see. The only thing I can think of is the steering rack is damaged and needs to be replaced, the power steering pump might need to be replaced, or the cheap option one of those wires once taking out the tape might be damage. Im going to take it to a indy mechanic who fixed this issue before on weds. Last time was the wire and im hoping its that again as a steering rack is costly.

I keep getting code 2B62 DME Servotronic, converter current . when i clear codes it comes right back on.

Last edited by Angr2387; 03-13-2021 at 05:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2021, 12:51 AM   #10
Jkan
Rep
Drives: Bmw e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angr2387 View Post
i changed the battery still have power steering issue. i open the power steering fluid has fluid no swirls. Its not spilling out as the car is on or shooting out. I checked the wire that comes out of the servortonic on the steering rack that connects to the other wire, and no damage to the wire from what I see. The only thing I can think of is the steering rack is damaged and needs to be replaced, the power steering pump might need to be replaced, or the cheap option one of those wires once taking out the tape might be damage. Im going to take it to a indy mechanic who fixed this issue before on weds. Last time was the wire and im hoping its that again as a steering rack is costly.

I keep getting code 2B62 DME Servotronic, converter current . when i clear codes it comes right back on.
Were you able to get it fixed? I’m having the same issue with the 2B62 and can’t get it to go away. Heavy steering at low speed and servotronic mode switch doesn’t work. Appreciate any help
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2021, 06:58 AM   #11
Angr2387
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

yeah was the wire thats plug in the servotronic was unplugged
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 10:51 PM   #12
bayslarry
Registered
Rep
Drives: Audi A4

I have a problem with my BMW 318i 2006 with the camshaft, consumption sensor. Right off the bat the vehicle couldn't begin because of terrible beginning. I supplanted the began the vehicle currently it's beginning fine. Taken a stab at filtering the issue codes and I've run on: 2B62 DME: Camshaft sensor, admission. Position of stage edges or establishment position outside resistance. The SAE symptomatic code is P0341. Requested another sensor, supplanted it, cleared the mistake yet following 2 minutes of sitting the blunder returns. Additionally when inactive the motor rpm isn't steady and they drop and increment. Taken a stab at googling a tad and certain individuals say that perhaps the circumstance isn't right or the circumstance chain had bounced and that is causing the issue. In the event that you confronted any issue like this I would be truly glad to impart it to me. Here is a photograph from the indicative programming. The Autozone Store Policy might come into so I decided to use it for benefits.

Last edited by bayslarry; 11-15-2021 at 10:58 PM..
Appreciate 0