BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Mporium BMW

11-14-2023, 03:28 PM   #1
flanmorrison2
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i RWD

Beware of Eurocharged ATX and Owner John Ford's Practices

Hi all, I recently went through a very unsettling experience with Eurocharged Austin that I feel compelled to share with you all, especially those in the market for a new shop. The ordeal was marked by significant unprofessionalism and deceit, particularly from the owner, John Ford.

Initial Communication Breakdown

My BMW had a vibration issue which was consistently overlooked despite my explicit requests for service and diagnosis.
The team’s communication was practically nonexistent, and in the end, they returned my car without resolving the initial problem, potentially compromising its safety.
The owner now clings to the fact that they did a "free" wheel balancing (which was ineffective and actually done at Discount Tire).

Owner's Response

John Ford's response to my concerns was both aggressive and embarrassingly immature.
In a public Facebook group, he resorted to belittling and demeaning me in comments to a review I posted in a local BMW enthusiast group.
Here’s his exact response:
Quote:
"Young kid, what are you even talking about???
I told you we will take care of your car and we did.
You failed to mention we fixed your unbalanced tire for free your welcome.
You failed to mention you wanted us to test drive your car in the rain going 80 mph. So because we didnt want to speed in your car in the rain you are on social media bashing a veteran owed small business because you think youre a know it all?"

Deceptive and Threatening Tactics

In an alarming turn of events, I discovered that John Ford created a fake Facebook account "Eric Scott" to harass me, threaten legal action, and shamelessly promote Eurocharged while bashing local competitors for months.
His unethical online behavior is clear from his posts under this fake account.

In all, my experience with Eurocharged ATX, particularly with John Ford, was appalling. His approach to business, lack of professionalism, and unethical practices have left me advising anyone in Austin seeking car service to look elsewhere. This shop, under his management, seems more focused on unethical practices than genuine service.

Link to my Google Review for more details:
Google Review

Stay cautious and make informed choices for your car service needs in Austin.

Appreciate 0
      12-05-2023, 09:37 PM   #2
Rubueno
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3, 2008 BMW x5

Sorry to hear you went through this!

As a fellow ATX resident I appreciate you raising the awareness. Are there any shops out here that you would recommend for our M cars?
Appreciate 0