BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

Mporium BMW

11-10-2018, 10:01 PM   #1
old4
E92 M3
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E92 M3

seatbelt/airbag warning light on AFTER changing back to OEM seats

Hey guys so I recently swapped buckets seats back to OEM seats, which is now fully functional. Meanwhile I am still getting the seatbelt/airbag warning even with the OEM seats fully connected. Is this simply a coding issue? Has anyone experience the same issue? Appreciate the help.

photography page : https://www.instagram.com/joema_autogallery/?hl=en
08 jerez black E92 / Gintani / Bimmerworld / Dinan / Active Autowerke / Advan F7 / AC Schnitzer / Varis / IND / Vorsteiner / RKP / Sabelt / Stoptech
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2018, 12:10 AM   #2
StripclubDJ
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by old4 View Post
Hey guys so I recently swapped buckets seats back to OEM seats, which is now fully functional. Meanwhile I am still getting the seatbelt/airbag warning even with the OEM seats fully connected. Is this simply a coding issue? Has anyone experience the same issue? Appreciate the help.
If you had your seat coded out, plugging the stock seat back in with throw a restraint light
It can not be cleared via anything
It needs to be coded back to stock
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2018, 10:29 AM   #3
old4
E92 M3
Rep

thanks for the info, I actually did not code my seat out when I installed bucket seats, I left the seatbelt and airbag on when I had the bucket seats on the car. That's why I thought the lights will go off once I install OEM seats back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripclubDJ View Post
If you had your seat coded out, plugging the stock seat back in with throw a restraint light

08 jerez black E92 / Gintani / Bimmerworld / Dinan / Active Autowerke / Advan F7 / AC Schnitzer / Varis / IND / Vorsteiner / RKP / Sabelt / Stoptech
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2018, 10:31 AM   #4
StripclubDJ
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by old4 View Post
thanks for the info, I actually did not code my seat out when I installed bucket seats, I left the seatbelt and airbag on when I had the bucket seats on the car. That's why I thought the lights will go off once I install OEM seats back.

Quote:
Oh well in that case just go have it cleared by a shop with a auto-logic or such

If you unplug anything air bag related and set the light, gotta have the light cleared via scan tool
Appreciate 1
old413.00
      11-11-2018, 01:58 PM   #5
old4
E92 M3
Rep

ok will do! appreciate it.

Quote:
Oh well in that case just go have it cleared by a shop with a auto-logic or such

If you unplug anything air bag related and set the light, gotta have the light cleared via scan tool

Appreciate 0