BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

04-21-2010, 05:30 PM   #1
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

Has Anyone Had More Exhaust Combo's Than Me?

So I've finally switched up my exhaust again for the ______ time.... Let's hope this is the last time, and I think it is. It sounds awesome now.. Akrapovic slip-on paired with a Fabspeed x-pipe and HFC's. No need to worry about a CEL deleter with this setup. I've had the Fabspeed for approx. 4-5k miles and had 2 CEL's which after a couple hundred miles will clear by themselves.

So has anyone had more combo's than I've had?
  1. Supersprint Sport - Their race version which was ok, but droned like crazy.
  2. Eisenmann Sport - Very nice sounding exhaust, great quality.
  3. Eisenmann Sport W/ Secondary Cat Delete - Was pretty nice, not much louder but much more aggressive sounding
  4. Eisenmann Sport W/ Fabspeed X-Pipe and HFC's - was cool, but at the time I wanted louder
  5. Active Autowerke W/ Fabspeed X-Pipe and HFC's - Really sounded great, was very loud after it was broken in for a few thousand miles. Very exotic sounding when you step on it. Very unique, not the loudest car on the road but eveyone could pick out the unique sound of my car and knew it was me coming
  6. Akrapovic W/ Fabspeed X-Pipe and HFC's - Just installed it today and love it. Probably the most refined sounding muffler of all. More exotic sounding than the Eisenmann and not nearly as loud as the AA. Sounds mean and makes some noise, but also makes the car appear more classy than the previous setup. *** CEL started popping up more frequently with this setup. Not sure why
  7. Akrapovic Slip-on - Switched to this when I get tired of the CEL from the Fabspeed setup. It sounded nice, similar to Eisenmann Sport but titanium sounding (you know what that means if you've heard a titanium exhaust before) Definitely quieter with the OEM Xpipe and cats.
  8. Dinan Slip-On - Just installed this and so far am happy. I wanted something a little louder than previous Akra slip-on but not loud inside the car. The tone is more throaty sounding than the Akra slip-on. Louder just slightly than Akra Slip-on, but not as loud as Akra with xpipe. I think I'm going to do a secondary cat delete to get it a bit louder. I'd love the full system but don't want issues with NYS inspections.

NEW CAR
  9. M Performance - Definitely my favorite by far. Reminds me a lot of my full AA system with the exotic tone it has (a bit different though), but much quieter and absolutely zero drone. Definitely louder than Akra Slip-on, Eisenmann Sport, and Dinan axle-backs. A very unique sound, not overpowering at all, but very aggressive and exotic.

How many systems is that now???? hahahaha

I'll try and get a video soon of my current so it can be compared to the full Akra system.

Last edited by J08M3; 05-06-2011 at 04:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2010, 05:34 PM   #2
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

I am going to go with no on this one - you clearly take the prize!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2010, 05:39 PM   #3
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
I am going to go with no on this one - you clearly take the prize!
Let's hope the madness ends... it gets expensive after awhile
      04-21-2010, 05:43 PM   #4
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
Let's hope the madness ends... it gets expensive after awhile
Haha - I hear ya - I just installed the new AA xpipe with HFC's to compliment my AA exhaust - love the sound. Interested to hear your set up.

These damn cars are a money pit. I could buy a nice car for the amount I have spent on mods....
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2010, 05:47 PM   #5
powertrip
Scared money don't make money.
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
I might be a close second :

1) Fabspeed secondary cat delete w/ stock exhaust: Sounded like an M5/M6 and had no drone at all
2) Fabspeed secondary cat delete w/ Vorsteiner exhaust: fitment sucked, but sounded okay...no drone.
3) Fabspeed secondary cat delete w/ AA exhaust: nice quality, sounded good down low, but lacking up top.
4) Fabspeed secondary cat delete w/ Gintani exhaust: great sound, lots of compliments, but droned a bit too much.
5) Encore Innovation HFC's & x-pipe w/ stock exhaust: sounded absolutely horrible, way to raspy.
6) Encore Innovation HFC's & x-pipe w/ Agency Power exhaust: sounded great, really aggressive with little to no drone.
7) Encore Innovation HFC's & x-pipe w/ Remus Sport & Eisen connecting pipes: TBD

Last edited by powertrip; 04-21-2010 at 06:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2010, 05:52 PM   #6
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
1. Riss Racing X-pipe w/ HFC
2. Riss Racing x-pipe w/ HFC + gintani race
3. Riss Racing x-pipe w/ HFC + resonators + gintani race
4. Gintani catless x-pipe + gintani race
5. Gintani catless x-pipe w/ Remus sport
6. Gintani x-pipe w/ HFC + Remus sport
7. gintani x-pipe w/ HFC + dinan exhaust

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2010, 05:54 PM   #7
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrip View Post
I might be a close second :

1) Fabspeed secondary cat delete w/ stock exhaust
2) Fabspeed secondary cat delete w/ Vorsteiner exhaust
3) Fabspeed secondary cat delete w/ AA exhaust
4) Fabspeed secondary cat delete w/ Gintani exhaust
5) Encore Innovation HFC's & x-pipe w/ stock exhaust
6) Encore Innovation HFC's & x-pipe w/ Agency Power exhaust
7) Encore Innovation HFC's & x-pipe w/ Remus Sport & Eisen connecting pipes
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarris View Post
1. Riss Racing X-pipe w/ HFC
2. Riss Racing x-pipe w/ HFC + gintani race
3. Riss Racing x-pipe w/ HFC + resonators + gintani race
4. Gintani catless x-pipe + gintani race
5. Gintani catless x-pipe w/ Remus sport
6. Gintani x-pipe w/ HFC + Remus sport
7. gintani x-pipe w/ HFC + dinan exhaust
Guess you both got me by 1 damn haha
      04-21-2010, 06:20 PM   #8
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Nice little review on each. You seem to have the same thoughts as i do on most.

Although, is the Akrapovic with Fabspeed Xpipe/HFC louder than Eisenmann Sport with Fab Xpipe/HFC? I think thats the only combo I have yet to hear.
      04-21-2010, 06:28 PM   #9
BarryC
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

Quote:
So I've finally switched up my exhaust again for the ______ time.... Let's hope this is the last time, and I think it is. It sounds awesome now.. Akrapovic slip-on paired with a Fabspeed x-pipe and HFC's. No need to worry about a CEL deleter with this setup. I've had the Fabspeed for approx. 4-5k miles and had 2 CEL's which after a couple hundred miles will clear by themselves.

3. Eisenmann Sport W/ Secondary Cat Delete - Was pretty nice, not much louder but much more aggressive sounding
  4. Eisenmann Sport W/ Fabspeed X-Pipe and HFC's - was cool, but at the time I wanted louder
  5. Active Autowerke W/ Fabspeed X-Pipe and HFC's - Really sounded great, was very loud after it was broken in for a few thousand miles. Very exotic sounding when you step on it. Very unique, not the loudest car on the road but eveyone could pick out the unique sound of my car and knew it was me coming
  6. Akrapovic W/ Fabspeed X-Pipe and HFC's - Just installed it today and love it. Probably the most refined sounding muffler of all. More exotic sounding than the Eisenmann and not nearly as loud as the AA. Sounds mean and makes some noise, but also makes the car appear more classy than the previous setup

I'll try and get a video soon of my current so it can be compared to the full Akra system.
Any drone with the Akra? Thx!
      04-21-2010, 07:50 PM   #10
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesal@Project 808 View Post
Nice little review on each. You seem to have the same thoughts as i do on most.

Although, is the Akrapovic with Fabspeed Xpipe/HFC louder than Eisenmann Sport with Fab Xpipe/HFC? I think thats the only combo I have yet to hear.
Well I only have about 10 miles so far with the latest setup, just installed it today. I would say they are very close in volume - the Akra and Eisenmann Sport, both combined with the Fabspeed setup. It's been awhile since I had the Eisenmann setup, and it's hard to remember since my last one the AA setup was so loud. They are different though, the Eisenmann was just a nice refined sound, but fairly ordinary. The Akra is a very nice sound and has a bit more of a unique/almost exotic sound. The akra reminds me more of the stock sound of a more luxury exotic car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryC View Post
Any drone with the Akra? Thx!
Definitely not. Although every thing sounds quiet after the previous setup I had. It's louder than stock, but I would say drone is equal to stock. Some will detect it, some will not. I can't imagine anybody getting annoyed by it, even those that are the most sensitive to sound.
      04-21-2010, 07:58 PM   #11
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:

6. Akrapovic W/ Fabspeed X-Pipe and HFC's - Just installed it today and love it. Probably the most refined sounding muffler of all. More exotic sounding than the Eisenmann and not nearly as loud as the AA. Sounds mean and makes some noise, but also makes the car appear more classy than the previous setup

I would say you win.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2010, 08:02 PM   #12
Ca$hOnly
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:

Definitely not. Although every thing sounds quiet after the previous setup I had. It's louder than stock, but I would say drone is equal to stock. Some will detect it, some will not. I can't imagine anybody getting annoyed by it, even those that are the most sensitive to sound.
+1

Very quiet and livable as a daily driver exhaust.
      04-21-2010, 08:28 PM   #13
schnell325
Bored at work....
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 GTS//2022 M235iGC

I say the vendors win!!!!
Grey Matter:2008 E92 M3:608/425. SG/PS SOLD!
Dark Matter:2015 F80 M3:495/505. SOLD!
Anti Matter :2016 F82 M4 GTS
What next?!? A 2022 M235i GC- I must be getting old
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2010, 10:59 PM   #14
Cab5er
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3 (Sold) 13 A1

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnell325 View Post
I say the vendors win!!!!
yeah they did

E90 ///M3/ AW/ Fox Red
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2010, 11:37 PM   #15
Green///Hell
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, F15 X5, 1199S

I've gone through quite a few as well. If I bank together multiple cars I take the cake
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2010, 08:34 AM   #16
cipher5
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Donington Grey X3M Comp

6 is a charm?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2010, 10:24 AM   #17
Fen335i
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 / X5d / Z4 M Roadster

I was going to say I think Mr. Harris wins the prize with 7...but powertrip is right there too!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2010, 01:16 PM   #18
gixxer_kidd
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Garage List
2008 m3  [10.00]
talk about having the mod bug.

hope i get to hear your setup in person one of these days. i've been itching myself, but my eisy race is keeping me happy. although it gets a little annoying on longer trips on the highway.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2010, 03:15 PM   #19
alpina527
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 DCT JZB/FR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fen335i View Post
I was going to say I think Mr. Harris wins the prize with 7...but powertrip is right there too!
Lets not forget his original system which makes it 8
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2010, 03:17 PM   #20
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer_kidd View Post
talk about having the mod bug.

hope i get to hear your setup in person one of these days. i've been itching myself, but my eisy race is keeping me happy. although it gets a little annoying on longer trips on the highway.
that's what got me after 9 months of the AA
      04-22-2010, 06:49 PM   #21
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Well you guys definitely have had a few more than me:

1. Eisenmann Race
2. Eisenmann Race w/ Fabspeed HFC's and resonated x-pipe
3. Gintani Sport w/ Fabspeed HFC's and resonated x-pipe
4. Dinan w/ Fabspeed HFC's and resonated x-pipe
2022 992 GTS| 7MT | Shark Blue
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2010, 08:03 PM   #22
mikeokimster
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 jerez m3

Quote:

How would you rank these in terms of drone levels (least>most)?
///Mods: Xpel front clip wrap, Nokya 2500k H8 halos, matte grills, IND reflectors, scoops, MS drop-in, MS track pipes, Dinan exhaust, 240E, ESS tune, BBS CHR, s04 255x35 295x30, KW Clubsports, ceramic pads
Retired: 08' E92 328i JB 6mt 212 rwhp 190 rwtq
Appreciate 0