BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

EXXEL Distributions

09-12-2010, 09:21 PM   #1
Quasimodem
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335d

Garage List
2009 335d US  [0.00]
Rant: Close the Gap

rant

I don't understand many of drivers, they seem to think they have a right to pass me on the right and cut in front of me reducing my normal three car safety distance to one car and forcing me to back off or risk rear ending them.

So I don't tolerate it anymore. If I am in the fast lane and a gap opens on the right and somebody passes on the right and it is clear that there is no place for them to go but to make an unsafe lane change in front of me, I just close the gap and ride the car in front of me for a bit.

You know he would do the same to me. Why should he expect me to let his azz in? Especially when it is an azz that just blocks out the entire road in front of me like an SUV or P/U.

/rant

Now I feel better.
Speakers: CDT Audio HD-42 comps--front doors (RAAMmat deadened), CDT ES-06 6.5" woofers--kickpanl Pods, Hertz EBX202R dual 8" ported trunk sub. Amps: Phoenix Gold RSd 500.4 (comps & pods). PG RSd 600.1 (sub). Power & Ground: 4AWG Streetwires w/RockFosgt RFDB1 distro blocks. Input: HU lineout--Kicker KISL RCA adapters--RockFosgt RFIT-6 cables--Audiocontrol Matrix--Monster cables--RSd 500.4--lineout Monstr Cabl to RSd 600.1.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2010, 09:38 PM   #2
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Nah. Too dangerous and I drive too slow for it to matter if 1 car squeezes in. It's not like I'm in a hurry anyway.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2010, 01:04 AM   #3
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Why are you going slow in the fast lane? You live in Cali, get use to the a-hole drivers.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2010, 10:15 AM   #4
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
Why are you going slow in the fast lane? You live in Cali, get use to the a-hole drivers.

+1
      09-13-2010, 10:34 AM   #5
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimodem View Post
rant

I don't understand many of drivers, they seem to think they have a right to pass me on the right and cut in front of me reducing my normal three car safety distance to one car and forcing me to back off or risk rear ending them.

So I don't tolerate it anymore. If I am in the fast lane and a gap opens on the right and somebody passes on the right and it is clear that there is no place for them to go but to make an unsafe lane change in front of me, I just close the gap and ride the car in front of me for a bit.

You know he would do the same to me. Why should he expect me to let his azz in? Especially when it is an azz that just blocks out the entire road in front of me like an SUV or P/U.

/rant

Now I feel better.
If you are going slow in the fast lane you should move over, if he can pass you then clearly you are not passing anyone, which is what the left lane is for, passing.

Now if you are in fact passing at a normal rate I wouldn't get in front of you, but if it's you and one or two cars in front of you driving in the left lane not passing anyone I would go past you and take the spot because you're not putting any pressure on the people in front to GTFO of the way.

Cars that "cruise" at a faster rate have a logical reason to leap frog people, once the left lane gets past the traffic you will be in their way where as they will not be in your way and long go.
      09-13-2010, 01:33 PM   #6
flyinb501
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i

My favorite is when someone intentionally blocks off the left lane. Since when do people think it is their duty to police the roads? That sh!t pisses me off. Move over and get the hell out of the way. /Rant
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2010, 01:48 PM   #7
EmmettBrown
Banned
Rep
Drives: cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinb501 View Post
My favorite is when someone intentionally blocks off the left lane. Since when do people think it is their duty to police the roads? That sh!t pisses me off. Move over and get the hell out of the way. /Rant
the more they do that, the worse the cut-off they get
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2010, 03:21 PM   #8
Quasimodem
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 335d US  [0.00]
Quote:
You are talking about a left lane sitter or somebody creating a rolling road block going the same speed as a car on the right. I hate those people worse than the people who think the have a right to pass on the right just to make an unsafe lane change endangering me. One can be going faster than people in the right lane and still have a gap open on the right. That doesn't mean it is their opportunity to cut me off. Now if I am way behind the car in front of me in the left lane and I can move over easily to the right, then that is my bad.

@M3_WC: I am not going slow in the left lane, that is your assumption. I am going the same speed as the car in front of me and keeping a minimal safe distance in case they brake suddenly. People that think I must tailgate or get out of the way are the ones who do not belong on the roads.
Speakers: CDT Audio HD-42 comps--front doors (RAAMmat deadened), CDT ES-06 6.5" woofers--kickpanl Pods, Hertz EBX202R dual 8" ported trunk sub. Amps: Phoenix Gold RSd 500.4 (comps & pods). PG RSd 600.1 (sub). Power & Ground: 4AWG Streetwires w/RockFosgt RFDB1 distro blocks. Input: HU lineout--Kicker KISL RCA adapters--RockFosgt RFIT-6 cables--Audiocontrol Matrix--Monster cables--RSd 500.4--lineout Monstr Cabl to RSd 600.1.

Last edited by Quasimodem; 09-13-2010 at 03:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2010, 03:37 PM   #9
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimodem View Post
You are talking about a left lane sitter or somebody creating a rolling road block going the same speed as a car on the right. I hate those people worse than the people who think the have a right to pass on the right just to make an unsafe lane change endangering me. One can be going faster than people in the right lane and still have a gap open on the right. That doesn't mean it is their opportunity to cut me off. Now if I am way behind the car in front of me in the left lane and I can move over easily to the right, then that is my bad.

@M3_WC: I am not going slow in the left lane, that is your assumption. I am going the same speed as the car in front of me and keeping a minimal safe distance in case they brake suddenly. People that think I must tailgate or get out of the way are the ones who do not belong on the roads.
If I notice a car behind me is going faster or wants to go faster then me, I will change lanes and let them pass me. Let them realize you can't go faster because of traffic ahead of you instead of getting pissed off about it.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2010, 04:49 PM   #10
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
If I notice a car behind me is going faster or wants to go faster then me, I will change lanes and let them pass me. Let them realize you can't go faster because of traffic ahead of you instead of getting pissed off about it.
+1...Patience is a virtue and a$$holes are plenty
      09-13-2010, 06:59 PM   #11
BenTrovato
Driver
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Do onto others as...
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2010, 08:50 PM   #12
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmettBrown View Post
the more they do that, the worse the cut-off they get
I have fallen in to a bad habit, the people that pull that self righteous blocking the fast lane crap I pass full throttle, about an inch away from their car half way in their lane.

One of my cars is well over 150 dB at full throttle, so I don't think they do that again for a while. (yes this is just as self righteous as them, but they started it)
      09-13-2010, 10:48 PM   #13
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

i'm usually cruising in the left lane going 5-10 over depending on the road. i only block the left lane if it's some ricer who thinks he's hot shit or fhp if i have passengers (that scares them shitless. it's hilarious)
      09-14-2010, 01:03 AM   #14
JIM E92
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328 Coupe

You might as well give them remote control of your gas pedal. The asshole is now driving your car too.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2010, 01:41 AM   #15
SS e93
Captain
Rep
Drives: e93 M3

Quote:
I create rolling roadblocks when I see somebody driving like a douche weaving through traffic behind me in an unsafe manner. I usually drive in the left lane, passing traffic, and going with the flow of traffic. The only people who have problems with that, are the aholes who seem to always be in a rush, and drive dangerously. I move over for people when I am not passing people myself, or if I just don't feel like driving fast.

I also don't understand SUVs driving behind me flashing their hibeams, when I am clearly blocked by a car ahead of me...When I drive my SUV around...I can see the car in front of the car I am following, especially if it is a smaller car in front. Bottom line...pay attention to the road the way you should, and you can actually see the flow of traffic.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2010, 10:56 AM   #16
Quasimodem
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 335d US  [0.00]
Quote:
Maybe, but I doubt they realize anything, because they can see that car a short ways in front of you when they are behind you.

I would guess that they just get a kick out bullying past you or cutting you off and maybe forcing you to brake. You are just encouraging them to drive badly by letting them by. But ignorance is bliss, at least you aren't getting pissed off, I admit that.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2010, 01:33 PM   #17
EmmettBrown
Banned
Rep
Drives: cars

what i like are those idiots that are coming up on your ass in the slow lane doing like 80. that's what the fast lane is for buddy. i really think the shittiest drivers are here in california (maybe because of the illegal immigrants).

you got those idiots in limo tinted altimas with 50 inch rims and yukons/suburbans with the ugly ass black tail lights with some stupid sticker that has a dumb saying that takes up more than half the back window
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 09:47 AM   #18
flyinb501
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by icyhot e92 View Post
I create rolling roadblocks when I see somebody driving like a douche weaving through traffic behind me in an unsafe manner. I usually drive in the left lane, passing traffic, and going with the flow of traffic. The only people who have problems with that, are the aholes who seem to always be in a rush, and drive dangerously. I move over for people when I am not passing people myself, or if I just don't feel like driving fast.

Just because someone else is driving like a douche doesn't mean you should as well. Mind your business. One day you could piss off the wrong road rager and regret those actions.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 10:06 AM   #19
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Just because someone else is driving like a douche doesn't mean you should as well. Mind your business. One day you could piss off the wrong road rager and regret those actions.
Yeah, you never know if one of those douche drivers are equipped with this.

Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 05:29 PM   #20
Quasimodem
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 335d US  [0.00]
Quote:
Yeah, you never know if one of those douche drivers are equipped with this.

Or this
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 05:38 PM   #21
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 R35 GTR / 2007 E92 335i

I have no problem with people who cut me off. If Im leaving a gap that big in traffic, then I deserve it.
2018 R35 GT-R Cicio800 | 2007 E92 335i - RB Turbos, TC Kline DA Coils, HPA M3 Suspension, Quaife LSD, Stoptech BBK, JB4, FuelIT, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Stett OC, Helix IC, Volk TE-37, Vorsteiner V-35, OSS Headlights | Retired - 2015 F82 M4
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 09:38 PM   #22
Quasimodem
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 335d US  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAcAvenger View Post
I have no problem with people who cut me off. If Im leaving a gap that big in traffic, then I deserve it.
Don't you think punishment should be more harsh for safe driving?
Appreciate 0