BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-25-2008, 08:41 PM   #23
E(@M#
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 94' corolla

save your money, use the demos, and gets some lessons to at least teach you to release the club properly
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 10:07 PM   #24
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
I have golfed for over 7 years (& I still suck)

golf is the best sport I've played all my life...is challenging, relaxing, and alot of fun...good luck on your golf game
also...golf is a game that will/can be with you for a very long time
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 12:07 AM   #25
jlspeed29
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 SO ZCP CCB

Garage List
2008 335 coupe  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
Just remember, putting is probably the most important part of the game... "drive for show, and putt for dough".
Love that!

thanks Cane!
I definitely gotta work on my short game
      03-26-2008, 06:06 AM   #26
325 Baller
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlspeed29 View Post
Love that!

thanks Cane!
I definitely gotta work on my short game
its true, Ive been playing around 8 years and my game is finally now to the ability where I feel confident. Occasionally Ill shank a drive but if I hit every shot perfect, id be on tour. The short game is the most important part, the chipping inside 100yds and the putting, you could mishit a drive get to the green 1 off regulation and still be able to chip in or put in for par if your short game is good. On the days that your not taking lessons Id go to the range and practice chipping and putting, if possible....good luck and at times its going to be the must frustrating thing you have ever done, I told myself Im quitting probably around 20 times but I didnt, once you can play and start to enjoy it, its the best feeling in the world, GOOD LUCK!
      03-26-2008, 06:19 AM   #27
MrOffshore
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

check out Second Swing, great company, they have used clubs that are like new and they have a great warranty with every club you buy. I've bought a lot of clubs from them. Aside from that you can pick up just about any club for your first set and you'll do fine...enjoy yourself and don't take it too seriously.

Yea though I drive through the valley of inferior automobiles, I will fear no evil: for Thou BMW is with me; Thy throttle and Thy steering wheel comfort me. "Psalms 335:xi
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 09:25 AM   #28
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
I recommend going into your local golf shop that has a variety of clubs. Since you're in california, I'm sure you guys have a golfsmith down in socal. Go there and get fitted for the proper clubs. Most likely since you're a beginner you should definitely look into cavity back irons. In my opinion callaway makes some very good clubs for beginners that can be used for better players as well. It's also pleasing to the eye. This is just my opinion, but the club has to look good in my eyes for me to consider it unless the club would drastically improve my game, which no club will.

There's plenty to choose from so I'd try out what clubs you are interested in, then go to either www.tgw.com or www.golfgalaxy.com, or even www.golfdiscount.com to actually purchase the clubs to save on tax. Shipping will be free. Or you can look for the clubs you want on ebay AFTER deciding at the store which ones fit you best. It's going to be a little difficult to get a complete set for $300 for decent clubs. I wouldn't settle for knock off brands b/c clubs DO make a difference. If you're gonna do it, do it right. Good luck and pm me if you have other questions. I'm sure there's a lot of other people out here that will be willing to help you out.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 10:23 AM   #29
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
Just remember, putting is probably the most important part of the game... "drive for show, and putt for dough". Pick up a putter with good feel, and work on that part of the game. I see too many people spend $$$ on clubs, then buy a crappy $15 putter.
Good point.

Putting is one of those things, you either have it from the beginning or have to work your ass off to learn how to.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 10:49 AM   #30
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

go for a used set of dunlops and beat the shit out of them . thats what i used for 4 years. after that i had a nike set which my brother has now and im rockin the honmas .

i really like the king cobra set along with the mc.

i lke to play golf but imho raquetball>golf lol. but if you really want to get into it badminton>raquetball>golf
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 11:08 AM   #31
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOffshore View Post
check out Second Swing, great company, they have used clubs that are like new and they have a great warranty with every club you buy. I've bought a lot of clubs from them. Aside from that you can pick up just about any club for your first set and you'll do fine...enjoy yourself and don't take it too seriously.
Didnt think they were still in business. all the 2nd Swings in my area closed within 3 years.

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 12:24 PM   #32
jlspeed29
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 SO ZCP CCB

Garage List
2008 335 coupe  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
go for a used set of dunlops and beat the shit out of them . thats what i used for 4 years. after that i had a nike set which my brother has now and im rockin the honmas .

i really like the king cobra set along with the mc.

i lke to play golf but imho raquetball>golf lol. but if you really want to get into it badminton>raquetball>golf
well...if you REALLLLLY want to get into it
tennis>all

lol
i played tennis in HS and still play quite often...

I was thinking about getting a cheap set of dunlops to beatup and learn with..
I'm going down to Golfsmith after work theres a pretty big one where I live and gonna swing some...
I've been looking at Adams Idea irons and some old titleist DCI's....
gonna try and swing some tonight

thanks again everyone!