BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

09-25-2020, 08:49 AM   #1
Sanchez14
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: TBD

Any ideas on where to find Manual M3 seats?

Hey eXX cousins, I have a 135i msport that I regularly track, but am 6'4" and would like a bit more more headroom for my helmet. I want airbags and don't want race buckets, since I street drive the car a lot too (not my daily driver though).

I know that the manual m3 seats fit and sit about an inch lower, but I am having the hardest time finding a pair. Ideally, I want the sport cloth ones, but I know that might be a bridge too far.

Any ideas on where to look? Here's what I've done so far.
  • Searched for sale forum here and am going to posted a WTB thread today.
  • Seached car-part.com
  • Tried to find the part number on realoem.com, but it can't find a part number for the full assembly

I suppose I could just go to the local dealer, but I can only imagine what they'd cost, if they're even available.

Any ideas on what else I could be doing to find a pair?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 09:18 AM   #2
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

i have manual leather palladium silver seats, but i don't have replacements if i were to sell the seats.
      09-25-2020, 09:20 AM   #3
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

There are track seats that are barely more aggressive than stock, like the Sportster CS or whatever its called

Maybe it's possible to swap in manual seat rails on your current electric seats?

My E92 has manual cloth seats, my E90 has manual cloth seats, my CS came with electric seats and I swapped them for buckets and changed the OEM electric rails to OEM manual ones
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 06:38 AM   #4
Sanchez14
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
i have manual leather palladium silver seats, but i don't have replacements if i were to sell the seats.
Shoot. I have black, but that’s probably not a good match. I’ll take a look on car-part.com and see if I see any.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 06:42 AM   #5
Sanchez14
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
There are track seats that are barely more aggressive than stock, like the Sportster CS or whatever its called

Maybe it's possible to swap in manual seat rails on your current electric seats?

My E92 has manual cloth seats, my E90 has manual cloth seats, my CS came with electric seats and I swapped them for buckets and changed the OEM electric rails to OEM manual ones

Thanks for the suggestions. I’m going to unbolt one of the seats this weekend and see if it looks like the manual rails would work. I always think race seat when I think aftermarket, so hadn’t really looked into something like a sportster cs or something.
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11421.00