BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

Mporium BMW
Closed Thread

10-21-2016, 09:35 AM   #1
JredM23
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 e92 M3 - Alpine White

Angry Buyer BEWARE - e92-lighting.com

I just wanted to take a brief moment to share with you all my experience with my most recent vendor - e92.lighting.com.

While I know that many vendors are overwhelmed with inquiries and sales so I always take my experiences with a grain of salt per say, this individual experience was by far the worst I have come across in a long time.

It all began on Sep. 27, when I decided to purchase an LED interior kit and reverse bulb LED kit with error free canbus included. After chatting on the live chat for a solid 30 minutes and coming to a conclusion with a mixed order (dif color bulbs for dif parts of the car) I placed the order.

I waited for almost a week to receive shipping or tracking info so I emailed them on Oct. 2, with a simple question asking when the order will ship. No response. I then proceed to send a live chat message which went unanswered for days, call which went to voicemail and email again. I finally got a response via a phone call which I had missed a day or so after I had called them. They then texted me shortly after instead of leaving a voicemail. I had inquired once again about expected shipping date and tracking info. They told me to hold on while they check on it. Three hours pass without a response so I text to follow up and get nothing. A couple more days pass and I am now really getting pissed off and email again.

On Oct. 12, I threaten to cancel the order and contact the better business bureau and my bank to dispute the charge on fraud speculation. Briefly after the cancellation email someone responded with tracking info and... This was his response as to why I wasn't sent shipping/tracking info prior:

" 24 hours for response time isnt necessarily bad, however, our issue was incomplete order not related to you."

I don't know how he calculates "24 hours" response time but here on the East Coast 24 hrs means ONE day. Not 2,3,4 or a week. UNBELIEVABLE customer service. I had to let them know that the proper procedure for exceptional customer service and to try to save some face and make up for the horrible experience I had would be to overnight the order since we are now TWO weeks out from my order date. Of course I get no response.

I receive the package on Oct. 14. I proceed to install the kit and upon "completion" I realize that I am short TWO bulbs. I don't have my front footwell bulbs that I had requested in Amber. The REAR footwell bulbs are also too large.

I email once again on Oct. 17 to inform them of the missing Front footwell bulbs and that the REAR footwells are too large. He replies on Oct. 19 (HIS "24hr" response time) and tells me that I am missing two bulbs and they are the DOME lights. He also says the rear footwells fit, they just take a few tries. ARE YOU ****ing KIDDING ME?! I spent 45-60 mins trying to put the REARS in and they are clearly larger than the OEM bulbs. Also, I never received any AMBER bulbs for the footwells so how are you going to argue with me that I am missing DOME and not FRONT FOOTWELL bulbs?! Yes they are the same size bulb but I had requested WHITE for the DOME which are installed and AMBER for the FRONT FOOTWELL which are MISSING.

Sorry for such a long post guys and I am sure most won't read it but I just wanted to share what is more than just a minor issue. This customer service is absolutely horrendous and I want to look out for my fellow mod consumers. Please BEWARE of e92-lighting and strongly consider any LED kit purchases from another more reputable vendor.
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34451.50
      10-21-2016, 09:48 AM   #2
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 6MT

WOW for a company who's name is E92 lighting seems like they don't know there stuff. Missing pieces are definitely a red flag.
That's the thing about these vendors, customer service is a hit or miss after they got your $$
Appreciate 1
JredM2316.50
      10-21-2016, 09:52 AM   #3
JredM23
Private
United_States
Rep

Tell me about it! >(
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2016, 09:57 AM   #4
JredM23
Private
United_States
Rep

Not to mention the fact that they don't seem willing to accommodate me and replace the rear footwell bulbs. Looks like I will have an entire LED interior minus the rear footwells.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2016, 12:09 PM   #5
L4ces
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Alpine White

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JredM23 View Post

I just wanted to take a brief moment to share with you all my experience with my most recent vendor - e92.lighting.com.

While I know that many vendors are overwhelmed with inquiries and sales so I always take my experiences with a grain of salt per say, this individual experience was by far the worst I have come across in a long time.

It all began on Sep. 27, when I decided to purchase an LED interior kit and reverse bulb LED kit with error free canbus included. After chatting on the live chat for a solid 30 minutes and coming to a conclusion with a mixed order (dif color bulbs for dif parts of the car) I placed the order.

I waited for almost a week to receive shipping or tracking info so I emailed them on Oct. 2, with a simple question asking when the order will ship. No response. I then proceed to send a live chat message which went unanswered for days, call which went to voicemail and email again. I finally got a response via a phone call which I had missed a day or so after I had called them. They then texted me shortly after instead of leaving a voicemail. I had inquired once again about expected shipping date and tracking info. They told me to hold on while they check on it. Three hours pass without a response so I text to follow up and get nothing. A couple more days pass and I am now really getting pissed off and email again.

On Oct. 12, I threaten to cancel the order and contact the better business bureau and my bank to dispute the charge on fraud speculation. Briefly after the cancellation email someone responded with tracking info and... This was his response as to why I wasn't sent shipping/tracking info prior:

" 24 hours for response time isnt necessarily bad, however, our issue was incomplete order not related to you."

I don't know how he calculates "24 hours" response time but here on the East Coast 24 hrs means ONE day. Not 2,3,4 or a week. UNBELIEVABLE customer service. I had to let them know that the proper procedure for exceptional customer service and to try to save some face and make up for the horrible experience I had would be to overnight the order since we are now TWO weeks out from my order date. Of course I get no response.

I receive the package on Oct. 14. I proceed to install the kit and upon "completion" I realize that I am short TWO bulbs. I don't have my front footwell bulbs that I had requested in Amber. The REAR footwell bulbs are also too large.

I email once again on Oct. 17 to inform them of the missing Front footwell bulbs and that the REAR footwells are too large. He replies on Oct. 19 (HIS "24hr" response time) and tells me that I am missing two bulbs and they are the DOME lights. He also says the rear footwells fit, they just take a few tries. ARE YOU ****ing KIDDING ME?! I spent 45-60 mins trying to put the REARS in and they are clearly larger than the OEM bulbs. Also, I never received any AMBER bulbs for the footwells so how are you going to argue with me that I am missing DOME and not FRONT FOOTWELL bulbs?! Yes they are the same size bulb but I had requested WHITE for the DOME which are installed and AMBER for the FRONT FOOTWELL which are MISSING.

Sorry for such a long post guys and I am sure most won't read it but I just wanted to share what is more than just a minor issue. This customer service is absolutely horrendous and I want to look out for my fellow mod consumers. Please BEWARE of e92-lighting and strongly consider any LED kit purchases from another more reputable vendor.
Noted and thanks for the heads up. Let us know how things finally pan out.
Appreciate 1
JredM2316.50
      10-21-2016, 12:23 PM   #6
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

That is just inexcusable.

I was just commenting to my cousin, who's a fellow M3 owner on this board, that everything I've ordered lately from various vendors has shipped almost immediately, and arrived in 3 or 4 days max, and most of that stuff was shipped from east coast to Seattle where I live. That's how it should be, and those are the vendors I'll continue to do business with.

Last edited by jiggz; 10-21-2016 at 12:29 PM..
Appreciate 2
JredM2316.50
BOOF-M34451.50
      10-21-2016, 12:34 PM   #7
dj_dub
IG: @dj_dub
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E90 M3 - SG/FR 6MT

Garage List
I've had a very similar experience with them as well. I don't know how they're still vendors on here with so many complaints/bad rep. smh

I too purchsed their interior LED kit. They took very long just to send my order out after multiple email/PM attempts. After I finally received my kit, half the LEDs were missing. Another round of emails/PM attempts they sent me the missing bulbs. From order date to completed order, took a little over a month...rediculous. I could've drove down to SoCal where they're located and picked up the kit myself and wouldn't have had any issues minus spending money for gas. No excuse for any company to take this long and not QC the packages before shipment.

Even though I feel their LED kit is good quality and the light output is great, I will never do business with them again. Such a headache. They seem shady and only care about pushing their products out without any care for customer service and satisfaction.
CarboProject CF Plenum | Dinan CF Intake | ESS Tune | RKP X-Pipe | Akra w/CF Tips | MFactory CF DS | CSF Cooling | AST 5200 | Hotchkis F/R Sways | SPL/Ground Control/Fall-Line Arms | DEFIV Diff Brace | StudioRSR Rollcage | 3-piece BBS RT88 | Michelin PS4S | Brembos F/R | Recaro Profi SPG XL | CAE Ultra Shifter | Perf Elec Wheel V2 | BAVSOUND | GT4 CF Front Lip/Canards/Rear Wing | Arkym CF Rear Diffuser | Forcewerkz CF SS | Varis CF Lower Tray | Turner Skidplate | BayOptiks Headlights
Appreciate 1
JredM2316.50
      10-21-2016, 01:08 PM   #8
JredM23
Private
United_States
Rep

To follow up on this post... I just received the "front footwell bulbs". They are no where near the proper fitment. So now I have Front and Rear footwell bulbs that do NOT fit my application.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2016, 01:10 PM   #9
JredM23
Private
United_States
Rep

So after receiving the Front Footwell bulbs that they didn't include in the first order, they are the WRONG bulbs for my application. I am so livid right now. I emailed them and even took my OE bulbs out and took a pic next to what they sent to show them how far off they are.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2016, 01:14 PM   #10
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 6MT

the vendor should chime in here. That's unacceptable especially from a vendor on here.
Appreciate 1
JredM2316.50
      10-21-2016, 01:23 PM   #11
JredM23
Private
United_States
Rep

They don't respond to emails for at least 2 days so I doubt they will be jumping at the opportunity to respond to a forum post. Haha
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2016, 01:28 PM   #12
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

Double post FTL
Appreciate 1
JredM2316.50
      10-21-2016, 01:50 PM   #13
kamber
E90
Rep
Drives: '08 M3

JredM23

I just got my interior LED kit after a 2 week wait as well. I don't have time to do an install for another few weeks. Now I'm wondering if I received all the right bulbs! Can I snap a picture and have you let me know if anything is missig?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2016, 11:34 AM   #14
Eau Rouge
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
2012 BMW E92 M3  [9.00]
Business must be really good if a business can afford to treat customers the way OP (and apparently others) have been treated. #hellabusinessmodel
      10-22-2016, 02:34 PM   #15
JredM23
Private
United_States
Rep

Kamber, sure. PM me some pics.

Eau Rouge, tell me about it! My last email to them was to inform them that the missing front footwell bulbs that they mailed to me were completely different from the OE bulbs. They replied with what the bulb model #s are for my car. A completely irrelevant and pointless email with no solution. Of course I emailed them Yesterday so I shouldn't expect a response today. If this doesn't go well I am going to look into contacting the better business bureau.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2016, 02:37 PM   #16
JredM23
Private
United_States
Rep

You know it! I am plastering this thing all over the Forum. These d!*ks do not deserve any business and I will do all I can to prevent them from screwing anyone else over.
Appreciate 1
Eau Rouge140.00
      10-22-2016, 03:02 PM   #17
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

Why is it always the lighting and wheel places that are problematic? It must be the insane demand for these high-margin parts which drives sketchy places to pop up overnight and then vanish.
JredM2316.50
      10-22-2016, 03:41 PM   #18
JredM23
Private
United_States
Rep

dparm, Yeah I have no idea. You would think dealing in bulbs would be a simple operation. Just be diligent and have good customer service skills. It isn't like I am asking for the world. All I expect is receiving a product as advertised that I paid for. I am now getting error codes for my left rear reverse bulb that they said would NOT happen. It's really getting out of control now.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2016, 08:35 PM   #19
noah.s
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i M-Sport

I had issues with them as well. Ordered LED side markers and they hadn't been shipped in 2 weeks. Finally got a response from E92Lighting and he tells me that he doesn't even know if he has any to ship out. 2 weeks and he hadn't even attempted to ship my order. Cancelled my order (and he took his sweet time to refund me) and will never go back.
Appreciate 1
JredM2316.50
      10-23-2016, 12:55 AM   #20
JredM23
Private
United_States
Rep

Yeah same here man. This is going to be going on a month in a few days and I still don't have the proper front or rear footwell bulbs and my left reverse light is sending an error code. Some BS
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2016, 02:36 AM   #21
kamber
E90
Rep
Drives: '08 M3

This is what I got from them for the interior kit. Does it look complete? Each of the bags have 3 pieces in them.

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2016, 01:09 PM   #22
Last NA
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 Mineral White E92 M3

+1 on this post, especially the foot wells. Just ended up installing the fitting bulbs and left the rest. Never go around to post and vent, which makes me grateful for OP's detailed post! Thank you!

Current: 2011 Mineral White M3 ZCP, 2009.5 Alpine White X5 M Sport, 2014 Diamond White Honda Odyssey Touring Elite (Family Fun), 2004 Honda Accord V6 (My Daily)
Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Carbon Black M3, 2007 Alpine White 335i, 2009 BMW 550i, 2003.5 Carbon Black M3, 2002 BMW 330i
Appreciate 1
JredM2316.50
Closed Thread