BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

Mporium BMW

10-04-2015, 08:57 PM   #1
Shartibartfast
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2C

Thumbs down JBSpeed cf mirror covers are not cf, beware fitment issues

Brian doesn't post any pictures of the backside of the covers, but they are just plastic, non-OEM covers wrapped with a layer of cf. I think this is misleading advertising and his website still says this:

This is for a full replacement carbon fiber mirror cover for E9x M3/E82 1M. Each carbon fiber mirror covers are carefully custom wrapped with 1x1 carbon fiber twill weave by JBSPEED.

Pure BS. They are plastic and because they now have a weave applied to them, they are thicker than the OEM mirrors and you can therefore see the edges easier from inside the car.

Also, when I told him that one of them did not fit correctly, he blamed it on my install and refused to give a full refund. Nevermind that the other one fit very close to OEM, and I installed that one too.

I have had two experiences with JBSpeed, and obviously if nothing goes wrong, everything is cool. The parts that I liked were actually drop-shipped from IND (keyhole cover and painted reflectors) and were very nice.

So if you are buying non-JBSpeed merchandise, where he is just the reseller, you are probably fine. His feedback shows that. But if you buy something he actually imports himself and something does go wrong, just beware that you will be the one who pays for the lack of quality control.
Appreciate 1
      11-23-2015, 12:42 AM   #2
XxMerlinxX
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3

I was considering picking up a few items from him and wondered about quality and fitment. Thanks for the review.
Appreciate 0