BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

03-20-2023, 02:53 PM   #1
Skifahrer
Freerider
Germany
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, F98 X4M, I01 94Ah

G80 vs. E93 - driveway angle for underground parking

Hi Community,

I moved in November last year and have a parking space in the new apartment that I would like to use for the E93 M3 (standard suspension with carbon flaps). Tried it with a G80 M3 Competition and with this I can get up and down the driveways. It's very tight (1-2mm space left) but it goes if you drive slowly.

Does anyone have comparative values whether the E93 then also fits? I could of course try it from april on by my own (German Season Registration), but since I just have an option on a "better" parking space and I would have to agree to this the week, I ask this question.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2023, 12:54 PM   #2
CamasM3e93
Friends don't let friends ESS
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '11 Lemans Blue 6mt Harrop e90

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skifahrer View Post
Hi Community,

I moved in November last year and have a parking space in the new apartment that I would like to use for the E93 M3 (standard suspension with carbon flaps). Tried it with a G80 M3 Competition and with this I can get up and down the driveways. It's very tight (1-2mm space left) but it goes if you drive slowly.

Does anyone have comparative values whether the E93 then also fits? I could of course try it from april on by my own (German Season Registration), but since I just have an option on a "better" parking space and I would have to agree to this the week, I ask this question.

Cheers
The answer is it will depend on whether your stock suspension has stock springs. If you purchased used, you may have aftermarket springs (they all result in lowering ) and it could be tough to know.

I assume you mean the carbon fiber splitters on the front bumper, one on each side? It will depend on your driveway orientation. My driveway slopes down toward the house and slopes up at the last second before the garage to create a channel to direct water away from the garage. I literally damaged my carbon fiber splitters the first time pulling out of the driveway on my e93. I was down about an inch with h&r sport springs from stock. I had similar issues there when I added 80 pounds of supercharger to the engine compartment even without the carbon fiber splitters.

Now in an e90 I’ve stayed stock suspension in part to avoid these problems and it does eliminate 90+% of them. But those splitters and front lips, I don’t know how anyone keeps those things more than a few weeks.
Appreciate 0