BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

03-05-2023, 12:29 PM   #23
Driver407
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' F80 M3, 02' E46 M3

Hi all.

Interested in some additional info about the IRP setup with RTD. Ive seen two different posts about the IRP boot as an option.
One involved fitting the IRP on the top side of the shifter after trimming the IRP plate a lot. Then the one shown here.

I have an RTD shifter on my E46 M3 track car. Ive had it for 3 months with the stock boot modified to work fit. However it has been causing small issues and the fit was never great.

1) How has this option worked out for you all that have done it over time? Any issues?

2) Is there any problem with small step/lip that the IRP introduces between the 2 mounting point and the 1 (shown in pic)? Does that interfere in any way?

3) Any additional tips or feedback appreciated. Trying to not have to do the job for a third time. Ha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrazM View Post
Using a IRP shifter boot to seal the bottom of the rtd shifter.

Attachment 2869561

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleYellow View Post
Same here. My shop wasn't able to get the stock rubber seal to work so we went with the IRP boot. Works well after a little modification (see the quoted picture).
TC Kline coilovers and camber plates, Apex 18" EC-7, Conti ECF 295r/275f, monoball thrustarms, SPL toe arms, Powerflex diff bushings/bracket, AP Racing 9660, Project Mu H21, Spiegler brake lines, AA midpipe, VTT crankhub, VRSF charge/j pipe, Turner tray, BM3 CS
Youtube: Driver407
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2023, 05:13 AM   #24
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver407 View Post
Hi all.

Interested in some additional info about the IRP setup with RTD. Ive seen two different posts about the IRP boot as an option.
One involved fitting the IRP on the top side of the shifter after trimming the IRP plate a lot. Then the one shown here.

I have an RTD shifter on my E46 M3 track car. Ive had it for 3 months with the stock boot modified to work fit. However it has been causing small issues and the fit was never great.

1) How has this option worked out for you all that have done it over time? Any issues?

2) Is there any problem with small step/lip that the IRP introduces between the 2 mounting point and the 1 (shown in pic)? Does that interfere in any way?

3) Any additional tips or feedback appreciated. Trying to not have to do the job for a third time. Ha.
what problems have you had? I havent experienced any issues with my irp boot under my rtd shifter.

G-Power Supercharged
First DCT to Manual Conversion Worldwide
KW CS, BBS RI-A, BW Headers, Snow 2.5
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2023, 10:08 AM   #25
Driver407
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' F80 M3, 02' E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrazM View Post
what problems have you had? I havent experienced any issues with my irp boot under my rtd shifter.
I said i had an issue with the oem boot and i was asking about info on the IRP install you did...

2) Is there any problem with small step/lip that the IRP introduces between the 2 mounting point and the 1 (shown in pic)? Does that interfere in any way? Does it not seat flush? etc?

3) Any additional tips or feedback appreciated.
TC Kline coilovers and camber plates, Apex 18" EC-7, Conti ECF 295r/275f, monoball thrustarms, SPL toe arms, Powerflex diff bushings/bracket, AP Racing 9660, Project Mu H21, Spiegler brake lines, AA midpipe, VTT crankhub, VRSF charge/j pipe, Turner tray, BM3 CS
Youtube: Driver407
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 01:34 PM   #26
san40k
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i N54 6MT

Any suggestions on greasing the pins in linkage and the bottom of the shifter?

In the middle of the install (and fitting the OEM rubber boot per this thread!) and can't find any specifics of how much and which grease, especially given dirty environment underneath.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2024, 02:36 PM   #27
chenium
Private
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911, 2010 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by san40k View Post
Any suggestions on greasing the pins in linkage and the bottom of the shifter?

In the middle of the install (and fitting the OEM rubber boot per this thread!) and can't find any specifics of how much and which grease, especially given dirty environment underneath.
It looks like RTD offers a compatible dust boot if you don't want to modify the oem one https://rtd-motorsports.com/product/dust-boot/

As for grease, I think something like https://www.super-lube.com/multi-pur...-with-syncolon could work as long as it doesn't touch any of the rubber components.
Appreciate 1
san40k21.00