BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-11-2016, 12:56 AM   #23
brandonwuwux3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: f80 m3cs

asking 44k right? with 44kish miles? was gonna buy it but didnt look like it was in wonderful condition
      09-11-2016, 06:01 AM   #24
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

someone seriously neglected that car. i'm not a fan of the color, but this would be a really special car to someone if it wasn't previously owned by someone who didn't care about it.
      09-11-2016, 08:32 AM   #25
FMLYSDN
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Frozen Grey E90 M3

Garage List
Is there a link to an ad?

Please PM if possible or provide contact info. I may be interested.

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2016, 10:34 AM   #26
KingFishy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 COUPE

Looks like the front brake pads are toast. They are only biting on 1/2 the rotor. How does that happen?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2016, 04:45 PM   #27
wjk_glynn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997.2 C2S Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMLYSDN View Post
Here you go...

http://www.sjf1motors.com/mobile/mde...?VID=265014040

Karl.
FMLYSDN1179.50
      09-11-2016, 07:42 PM   #28
FMLYSDN
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjk_glynn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMLYSDN View Post
Here you go...

http://www.sjf1motors.com/mobile/mde...?VID=265014040

Karl.
Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 07:51 AM   #29
FMLYSDN
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by atranho
Well I've been able to locate what seems to be the only LSB e90 M3 in North America and seems like a good first post as well. Car magically appeared at a used car dealership. Although not in perfect condition it was still a stunning car. Enjoy guys!

Thanks for the great first post!

I have sought this car for many years. Alas, it seems like such a letdown now. I appreciate the thorough detail in which the flaws have been described. Unfortunately, I feel I have to pass. It seems as though it has not been maintained well and aside from the body issues, who knows what mechanical issues it may have. I would truly consider this car if it wasn't in rough shape. I have imported cars from California before but with the current exchange rate and the money required to bring it up to "my" standard, I believe I would be paying an unrealistic amount of money.

Perhaps someone else will jump on this car and bring it back to the state it deserves.

Thanks again for the post and welcome to the forum!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 03:37 PM   #30
Frozen
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Frozen Red e92 ZCP

What do you guys think a reasonable price to pay for this vehicle in it's current condition? 39k?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 09:14 PM   #31
FMLYSDN
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90m305
What do you guys think a reasonable price to pay for this vehicle in it's current condition? 39k?
If I look at a similarly priced car here in Canada and compare this particular one I would go so far as to say at 39k would be on the high end. Cosmetic issues aside, I am not comfortable with the mechanical. A sign of treatment definitely starts with the appearance. I would go so far as to say that I wouldn't pay more than 36-37k.

Yes it rare. But the Individuals are not sought after by the masses, but the enthusiasts.

Look at the production numbers for the E90.

Besides, the E90 platform is old news and many have moved on to the F8X platform. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE E90's but the Individuals cars are that much less sought after. If you truly are looking for a unique car, this is definitely one of those.

Or perhaps that Java Green? Now that's a clean car.

Free Bump

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1273090
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 10:08 PM   #32
Artifacts in Motion
Unnecessary Complexities
United_States
Rep
Drives: LeMans E90 M3 6MT

Hey everyone. I had a deposit down on this car and was about to purchase it until I had my friend in San Jose go in and check it out. He sent me pictures of the damage at the same time as I found this thread. Really disappointing. The paint is pretty swirled too, in need of a total compound and polish. It definitely looks to have been neglected. Not to mention the underside of the front bumper is scratched to HELL. Check this:lsbscrape by Harrison Bade, on Flickr

I will say, the people at the dealership, including the GM, were excellent at answering my questions over the phone all the way on the east coast. Really fantastic service. Even sent me videos of things that I requested. Wish the car was what I expected, but it's better to know now.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2016, 12:34 AM   #33
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

That is just a sad tale. I wonder if all that lack of care is from the original owner?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2016, 01:43 AM   #34
Frozen
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
That is just a sad tale. I wonder if all that lack of care is from the original owner?
It appears to be a 1 owner car and according to the carfax was a lease which was recently turned in this summer. I'm guessing they extended their lease due to the airbag recall since this is a 2011 and that would be a 5 year lease. This car was driven and most likely not garaged which shows with the cosmetic blemishes. However the interior and especially the leather is outstanding. I'd be curious to see a mechanical PPI on this car. There is no maintenance records and I did not see any maintenance recorded on the carfax report and that is odd since they usually show dealership maintenance items done under warranty. That's the wildcard for me, the cosmetic issues are minor and can be fixed for less than $2k by my estimates.

As for those scratches on the underside of the front end, that's not a big deal to me. Find me an e9x m3 with over 40k miles that doesn't have some scratches in that area. It's almost unavoidable and that's a low cost fix if it bothers you.

Last edited by Frozen; 09-14-2016 at 01:51 AM..
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2016, 11:26 AM   #35
cenix
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 ZCP

^ I think what people are getting at is that this was a leased car and shows obvious signs of neglect or care being that is was not owned outright. Chances are high that the mechanicals were treated with the same "no shits given" lessee ownership mindset.

The interior looks good though, but personally if it came down to it I'd rather have the interior/exterior a little worn if I was 100% certain the mechanicals were pristine. That's just me though.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2016, 02:21 PM   #36
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

Looks like a car that was driven every day. Some people have to park on the street and go up and down steep curbs to get where they're going. The underside of my front splitter is scratched from various high curbs, parking lots, yada. Guess what, it's on the bottom, you can't see it unless you flop on the ground in front of the car, and as soon as you fix it you will immediately smack a curb the next place you park. Fix the rear bumper if it bothers you ($750-ish, those holes can be filed it's a urethane bumper not art glass and LSB is mixed just like all other paints, it's not magic blueberry juice), buy a painted keyhole delete or pull it off and get it painted while the bumper is done and paint mixed, get the rest detailed and paint corrected and drive it. There is no such thing as 100% sure in used car buying, but what is 100% certain is this car is 1 of 1, and you'll never see yourself driving the other way unlike me in my Jerez civic

Last edited by Richbot; 09-14-2016 at 02:28 PM..
Appreciate 2
FMLYSDN1179.50
      09-14-2016, 02:25 PM   #37
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90m305 View Post
It appears to be a 1 owner car and according to the carfax was a lease which was recently turned in this summer. I'm guessing they extended their lease due to the airbag recall since this is a 2011 and that would be a 5 year lease. This car was driven and most likely not garaged which shows with the cosmetic blemishes. However the interior and especially the leather is outstanding. I'd be curious to see a mechanical PPI on this car. There is no maintenance records and I did not see any maintenance recorded on the carfax report and that is odd since they usually show dealership maintenance items done under warranty. That's the wildcard for me, the cosmetic issues are minor and can be fixed for less than $2k by my estimates.

As for those scratches on the underside of the front end, that's not a big deal to me. Find me an e9x m3 with over 40k miles that doesn't have some scratches in that area. It's almost unavoidable and that's a low cost fix if it bothers you.
What this guy said. Some SA's, if they're good, can use the VIN to get all the service records for a given BMW if serviced at a US BMW dealer.
      09-14-2016, 05:24 PM   #38
AdonM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6mt

The car is trash. They need to correct the paint, change the brake pads, rotors and god knows what else. I would never buy a vehicle that looks like that. The person who leased it was careless. I can only imagine how terrible the driving habits must have been.
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2016, 06:43 PM   #39
Frozen
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by serg87 View Post
The car is trash. They need to correct the paint, change the brake pads, rotors and god knows what else. I would never buy a vehicle that looks like that. The person who leased it was careless. I can only imagine how terrible the driving habits must have been.
I saw the car in person. You guys are judging this car too harshly. It has 53k miles. It's 5 years old. It is a used car. You could make it look brand new for probably around $2k. Also the dealership said they just changed the brake pads and rotors, at least the Ad says that and they told me that in person when I was there.

Car could be a total piece of shit mechanically, which I do not know and it may very well be. A PPI would tell you that, but cosmetically the issues are minor for a used car.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2016, 06:45 PM   #40
Frozen
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richbot View Post
Looks like a car that was driven every day. Some people have to park on the street and go up and down steep curbs to get where they're going. The underside of my front splitter is scratched from various high curbs, parking lots, yada. Guess what, it's on the bottom, you can't see it unless you flop on the ground in front of the car, and as soon as you fix it you will immediately smack a curb the next place you park. Fix the rear bumper if it bothers you ($750-ish, those holes can be filed it's a urethane bumper not art glass and LSB is mixed just like all other paints, it's not magic blueberry juice), buy a painted keyhole delete or pull it off and get it painted while the bumper is done and paint mixed, get the rest detailed and paint corrected and drive it. There is no such thing as 100% sure in used car buying, but what is 100% certain is this car is 1 of 1, and you'll never see yourself driving the other way unlike me in my Jerez civic

Appreciate 0
      09-14-2016, 07:27 PM   #41
dragonsi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

I'm surprised the dealership has done nothing to clean it up
2008 SS E90 M3 6MT. Alex@Alpine Stage 2 tune, RPI X pipe, HRE 540, MFactory Dry Carbon DS, Swift Springs, Ultimate Clutch Pedal, Do88 Engine Oil Cooler, TMS Subframe Bushings, TMS Delrin Diff Bushings
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2016, 07:44 PM   #42
loveskiing
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E90

Quite interesting to see those who get excited by "It's one of one" Really? Pray tell, what does that do for the ego? Add another inch to Mr. Woody? Make one feel superior to the next guy whose car is 1 of 1,000?
To me these cars have an essence, a spirit which is why M3's are so appealing. To me the sight of one that has been cherished, pampered, and taken care of with white gloves is a turn on. Finding one that has been beat, driven to the ground and not cared for properly, is a turn off. Different strokes for different folks!
I don't get off on thinking that just because mine is chartreuse, tangerine, or rainbow color that it's somehow better than one of another color.
Now if we were discussing how to fit more midget clown hookers in the trunk, then I'd be interested!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2016, 07:41 PM   #43
Artifacts in Motion
Unnecessary Complexities
United_States
Rep
Drives: LeMans E90 M3 6MT

Quote:
I saw the car in person. You guys are judging this car too harshly. It has 53k miles. It's 5 years old. It is a used car. You could make it look brand new for probably around $2k. Also the dealership said they just changed the brake pads and rotors, at least the Ad says that and they told me that in person when I was there.

Car could be a total piece of shit mechanically, which I do not know and it may very well be. A PPI would tell you that, but cosmetically the issues are minor for a used car.
To be totally fair, my current car had 74k miles, was 10 years old at the time, and 4 owners, and still looked better than this example in terms of paint condition, interior condition, and I had detailed maintenance history. Again, these are two isolated examples, but it speaks to how no car is alike, and the only thing that you can rely on is what you see and what you have (e.g. maintenance records)

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveskiing View Post
Quite interesting to see those who get excited by "It's one of one" Really? Pray tell, what does that do for the ego? Add another inch to Mr. Woody? Make one feel superior to the next guy whose car is 1 of 1,000?
To me these cars have an essence, a spirit which is why M3's are so appealing. To me the sight of one that has been cherished, pampered, and taken care of with white gloves is a turn on. Finding one that has been beat, driven to the ground and not cared for properly, is a turn off. Different strokes for different folks!
I don't get off on thinking that just because mine is chartreuse, tangerine, or rainbow color that it's somehow better than one of another color.
Now if we were discussing how to fit more midget clown hookers in the trunk, then I'd be interested!
Exactly my thoughts. Honestly, I was somewhat blinded by the rarity when I placed the down payment. I was thinking, "Man, how cool would it be to have the ONLY example of this car?" After more contemplation, I remembered that I don't give a damn about what anyone else thinks of my car, and the only thing that matters is that it's MY car. If I'm not satisfied with MY car, then it's not worth it, regardless of whether or not it's 1 of 1, or if it's 1 of 10,000, or if Sabine Schmitz sat in it. You have to love a car for what it is in itself, beyond what might look like it or be similarly optioned in the next town over, state, country, or otherwise.
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2016, 10:06 PM   #44
loveskiing
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifacts in Motion
Quote:

To be totally fair, my current car had 74k miles, was 10 years old at the time, and 4 owners, and still looked better than this example in terms of paint condition, interior condition, and I had detailed maintenance history. Again, these are two isolated examples, but it speaks to how no car is alike, and the only thing that you can rely on is what you see and what you have (e.g. maintenance records)

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveskiing View Post
Exactly my thoughts. Honestly, I was somewhat blinded by the rarity when I placed the down payment. I was thinking, "Man, how cool would it be to have the ONLY example of this car?" After more contemplation, I remembered that I don't give a damn about what anyone else thinks of my car, and the only thing that matters is that it's MY car. If I'm not satisfied with MY car, then it's not worth it, regardless of whether or not it's 1 of 1, or if it's 1 of 10,000, or if Sabine Schmitz sat in it. You have to love a car for what it is in itself, beyond what might look like it or be similarly optioned in the next town over, state, country, or otherwise.
Uhm, you didn't say that Sabine Schmitz once sat in the car...that changes EVERYTHING! Remind me how much they were asking for the car?
Appreciate 0