BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

Mporium BMW

11-02-2019, 09:48 AM   #111
JsL
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silos View Post
Still waiting. Found a partial list of those who partook in the GB. It would be nice to know who all have received their fronts;

1. M2MGM
2. M3montreal
3. Bimmer Barney - received fronts.
4. Hazey82
5. kmli5
6. rsuhandy
7. dis_dis
8. Spoff_e90_M3 - received front. Pending rears.
11. Silos
I received fronts and I sent rears calipers to be repainted. I received the repainted rears as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 09:38 AM   #112
Silos
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsL View Post
I received fronts and I sent rears calipers to be repainted. I received the repainted rears as well.
thanks. added to list.

1. M2MGM
2. M3montreal
3. Bimmer Barney - received fronts.
4. Hazey82
5. kmli5
6. rsuhandy
7. dis_dis
8. Spoff_e90_M3 - received fronts. Pending rears.
9. JsL - received fronts.
11. Silos
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 04:35 PM   #113
JsL
Major
United_States
Rep

I finally got around to installing them (took them to my local guy), so thought I'd share my experience.

As I previously mentioned, the quality of paint, logo, machining work and even the shipping box is amazing.

So...how do they perform?

I'm running PowerStop carbon ceramic pads, basically low dust and so-so performance pads. Before bedding in the pads, the stopping power was terrible (as expected pre-bedin). After bedding-in the pads, they are amazing. The people who chose more aggressive pads must be throwing their face into the steering wheel at every stoplight. jk

How did the feel change?

The brakes stop extremely well and it's quite obvious where the engagement point is (when depressing the pedal slightly), because you can feel the car's strong urge to stop. One difference is the pedal goes down a few mm more when you stomp on the brakes. A trade-off I'd be happy to make with the substantial increase in stopping power. The brakes still perform as expected, just much better.

However, there is a drawback, just for my circumstance... I always drive in D5 mode, where the DCT gear selection is aggressive. With the stock brakes, when you stop aggressively, the DCT revmatch downshifts. Well, these upgraded brakes stop much better than stock so the car thinks you're aggressively braking and the DCT rev matches downshifts for you. Solution is step on the pedal more gradually, drive in < D5 mode or drive in manual mode. Just something I thought I'd mention.

I really hope you guys get your parts soon and get to enjoy them!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Silos555.50
DR-JEKL897.50
      11-07-2019, 05:50 PM   #114
Silos
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I finally got around to installing them (took them to my local guy), so thought I'd share my experience.

As I previously mentioned, the quality of paint, logo, machining work and even the shipping box is amazing.

So...how do they perform?

I'm running PowerStop carbon ceramic pads, basically low dust and so-so performance pads. Before bedding in the pads, the stopping power was terrible (as expected pre-bedin). After bedding-in the pads, they are amazing. The people who chose more aggressive pads must be throwing their face into the steering wheel at every stoplight. jk

How did the feel change?

The brakes stop extremely well and it's quite obvious where the engagement point is (when depressing the pedal slightly), because you can feel the car's strong urge to stop. One difference is the pedal goes down a few mm more when you stomp on the brakes. A trade-off I'd be happy to make with the substantial increase in stopping power. The brakes still perform as expected, just much better.

However, there is a drawback, just for my circumstance... I always drive in D5 mode, where the DCT gear selection is aggressive. With the stock brakes, when you stop aggressively, the DCT revmatch downshifts. Well, these upgraded brakes stop much better than stock so the car thinks you're aggressively braking and the DCT rev matches downshifts for you. Solution is step on the pedal more gradually, drive in < D5 mode or drive in manual mode. Just something I thought I'd mention.

I really hope you guys get your parts soon and get to enjoy them!!!
Your setup looks awesome! Thank you for the update! What rotors did you go with?
Appreciate 1
JsL447.50
      11-07-2019, 06:18 PM   #115
JsL
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Your setup looks awesome! Thank you for the update! What rotors did you go with?
Thanks!

I'm running F8x rotors front and back. 380mm F and 370mm R
Appreciate 1
Silos555.50
      11-07-2019, 07:46 PM   #116
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

They look great JSL!

Thanks for posting up pics and your feedback..

I've left Mikhail another message on whatsapp he seems to just ignore me

Its been 4.5 months still nothing, and he'd promised me 3-4 weeks after he stuffed up my initial order.

Bloody terrible customer service, especially since I co-ordinated the previous GB for him I expected him to at least remanufacture my 2nd set ASAP since I bought a 2nd set of calipers to replace the originals that I wasnt happy with
Appreciate 1
JsL447.50
      11-08-2019, 10:40 AM   #117
Silos
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
They look great JSL!

Its been 4.5 months still nothing, and he'd promised me 3-4 weeks after he stuffed up my initial order.

Bloody terrible customer service, especially since I co-ordinated the previous GB for him I expected him to at least remanufacture my 2nd set ASAP since I bought a 2nd set of calipers to replace the originals that I wasnt happy with
It is really unfortunate. I too have messaged Mikhail stating that if I don't hear something by end of next week I will be filing a PayPal claim. At that point it will be exactly four months since I sent payment. My wife is due with our second child in Jan. and I was really hoping to have them before then.
Appreciate 1
DR-JEKL897.50
      11-08-2019, 05:45 PM   #118
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
They look great JSL!

It is really unfortunate. I too have messaged Mikhail stating that if I don't hear something by end of next week I will be filing a PayPal claim. At that point it will be exactly four months since I sent payment. My wife is due with our second child in Jan. and I was really hoping to have them before then.
Ahh yeah you'll have no time once the baby arrives!

I'd bought a set wasn't happy sold them to a 335i owner. My original set was for a m3 so I ordered a second set of calipers with 335i mounts, so when they arrived I could give the mounts to the buyer.

So not only have I waited 4.5 months so has the buyer of my 1st set of calipers, and he's not too happy considering I told him 3-4 weeks..
Appreciate 1
Silos555.50
      11-08-2019, 06:24 PM   #119
Bimmer Barney
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E90M ZCP

Just FYI for you guys, I filed the dispute and got my money back. Then slon had parts manufactured but didn't have my money. Then my parts showed up. Big surprise. Once I had them in hand, I paid.
Silos555.50
      11-11-2019, 11:47 AM   #120
Silos
First Lieutenant
Rep

So let this be a lesson to all, and I have no one to blame but myself; when I spoke to "Slon", I asked for an invoice. He instead sent me a money request, which is NOT covered by PayPal's 'Buyer Protection' --- @#$%!! I am livid...mostly at myself for making such a noob mistake.

PayPal has sent him a request-for-refund but it doesn't guarantee anything.

I have contacted my bank too and filed a claim through them.

Like Barney, I still want my parts and hope for a positive resolution...one way or another.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 12:20 PM   #121
Spoff_E90_M3
Track Rat at VIR
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3 Silverstone

Quote:
So let this be a lesson to all, and I have no one to blame but myself; when I spoke to "Slon", I asked for an invoice. He instead sent me a money request, which is NOT covered by PayPal's 'Buyer Protection' --- @#$%!! I am livid...mostly at myself for making such a noob mistake.

PayPal has sent him a request-for-refund but it doesn't guarantee anything.

I have contacted my bank too and filed a claim through them.

Like Barney, I still want my parts and hope for a positive resolution...one way or another.
File your dispute and when Slonik doesn’t respond they will refund your money. I disputed it and Slonik sent the fronts but not the rear calipers so PayPal thought everything was okay. Had to talk to them on the phone - probably on hold for an hour. They cleared it up tried to go after the part that was for the rear calipers and after 10 days when he didn’t respond they started the process to refund my money. I still want the rear calipers even though I have my money back now. Like Barney said if the parts arrive I will get this straight again.
Appreciate 2
Silos555.50
      11-11-2019, 01:04 PM   #122
Silos
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoff_E90_M3 View Post
File your dispute and when Slonik doesn’t respond they will refund your money. I disputed it and Slonik sent the fronts but not the rear calipers so PayPal thought everything was okay. Had to talk to them on the phone - probably on hold for an hour. They cleared it up tried to go after the part that was for the rear calipers and after 10 days when he didn’t respond they started the process to refund my money. I still want the rear calipers even though I have my money back now. Like Barney said if the parts arrive I will get this straight again.
That sucks. Sorry you had to go through all that.

Sadly, PayPal closed the dispute because of what I mentioned above. I reached out to my bank and they are taking on the case and will work with them. At this point I want both front's AND rears or nothing. It is bad enough that at worse, my bank will not be able to refund me money that I had accumulated in PayPal and I used to pay for these brakes.

I wish he'd just take two effing minutes to provide an update. Any f#$ing update; whether good or bad, would go a long way.
Appreciate 2
      11-11-2019, 03:27 PM   #123
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Yeah I recently started a file on PayPal, left it to the last minute as I don't really want a refund just my parts..

The last gb I organised he took around 3 months and was using excuses, thus time no excuses just no communication at all...

To say I'm dissapointed is an understatement!
Attached Images

Last edited by DR-JEKL; 11-11-2019 at 06:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 04:02 PM   #124
Silos
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I recently started a file on PayPal, left it to the last minute as I don't really want a refund just my parts..

The last gb I organised he took around 3 months and was using excuses, thus time no excuses just no communication at all...

To say I'm dissapointed is an understatement!
Absolutely. We've all been patient; all we want are our parts that we paid for or at least some communication. No one is so busy that they cannot spare a couple minutes to update a post.

I have tried everything to get a hold of him too. Emails. Calls. Texts. Via his website. Nothing. I am close to installing WhatsUp on my wife's phone and trying that, seeing that he ONLY responds to new messages.

PayPal has a 180 day Buyer Protection. You're coming close on that.

I've been searching for alternatives. Bimmerworld has a 6/4 pot setup for just $500 more (with tax) with their current promo here in the States (assuming you'd also be buying oem rotors from the F8x with your Brembos). That is sounding like a better options at this point.

Last edited by Silos; 11-11-2019 at 04:08 PM..
Appreciate 1
      11-11-2019, 06:15 PM   #125
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Absolutely. We've all been patient; all we want are our parts that we paid for or at least some communication. No one is so busy that they cannot spare a couple minutes to update a post.

I have tried everything to get a hold of him too. Emails. Calls. Texts. Via his website. Nothing. I am close to installing WhatsUp on my wife's phone and trying that, seeing that he ONLY responds to new messages.

PayPal has a 180 day Buyer Protection. You're coming close on that.

I've been searching for alternatives. Bimmerworld has a 6/4 pot setup for just $500 more (with tax) with their current promo here in the States (assuming you'd also be buying oem rotors from the F8x with your Brembos). That is sounding like a better options at this point.
Yeah I did see BW had the PFC's on sale, I had already bought the F8X rotors, rear F8X calipers and DS2500 pad's F&R

The PFC front kit with rotors is $3750 USD (I live in Australia I guess shipping will be $500 also) so it's out of my price point unfortunately.

https://www.bimmerworld.com/Brakes/P...Z54-378MM.html

Rear kit is $2895 USD

https://www.bimmerworld.com/Brakes/P...Z45-355MM.html
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 06:26 PM   #126
JsL
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Which setup is that?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 10:00 PM   #127
Silos
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I did see BW had the PFC's on sale, I had already bought the F8X rotors, rear F8X calipers and DS2500 pad's F&R

The PFC front kit with rotors is $3750 USD (I live in Australia I guess shipping will be $500 also) so it's out of my price point unfortunately.

https://www.bimmerworld.com/Brakes/P...Z54-378MM.html

Rear kit is $2895 USD

https://www.bimmerworld.com/Brakes/P...Z45-355MM.html
Sorry, I forgot to mention this was for the StopTech ST60/ST40
Appreciate 1
JsL447.50
      11-11-2019, 10:01 PM   #128
Silos
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Which setup is that?
StopTech ST60/ST40
Appreciate 1
JsL447.50
      11-12-2019, 04:05 PM   #129
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Mind you the PFC setup is in a completely different league than Stoptech/etc. I doubt there is anything better for the E9X
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 07:11 PM   #130
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Mind you the PFC setup is in a completely different league than Stoptech/etc. I doubt there is anything better for the E9X
Yeah I definitely agree, the PFC is a proper bbk.

But for my needs (intended use, driver ability and most importantly budget) I think the slonik brembo monoblocs F8x rear calipers and rotors will be more than sufficient.

I bought a set of F&R brakes off a new M2 (owner had upgraded to an ap racing setup f&r with rotors) really cheap and I managed to sell my front F8x calipers, so basically all up my costs were approximately $1800 usd brembo calipers (if slonik sends them) $450 usd ferrodo DS2500 pads and about $200 usd for f8x F&R rotors and rear calipers.
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11462.00
      11-12-2019, 09:17 PM   #131
JsL
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I definitely agree, the PFC is a proper bbk.

But for my needs (intended use, driver ability and most importantly budget) I think the slonik brembo monoblocs F8x rear calipers and rotors will be more than sufficient.

I bought a set of F&R brakes off a new M2 (owner had upgraded to an ap racing setup f&r with rotors) really cheap and I managed to sell my front F8x calipers, so basically all up my costs were approximately $1800 usd brembo calipers (if slonik sends them) $450 usd ferrodo DS2500 pads and about $200 usd for f8x F&R rotors and rear calipers.
I paid waaaay more for my F8x rotors and rear calipers. They were practically brand new though.
Appreciate 1
roastbeef11580.00
      11-12-2019, 10:37 PM   #132
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I paid waaaay more for my F8x rotors and rear calipers. They were practically brand new though.
Yeah I got them for a killer deal as I was the only one who bidded on the ebay auction so they went for sellers rock bottom asking price (the seller was dirty as but he took my $ begrudgingly) then I sold my front F8X calipers for something like 50-75% of my original purchase price with some used E9X rotors I had laying around to a E46 M3 owner as they were essentially like new

So when all said and done my BBK with slonik brembo calipers, F8X rear calipers and F&R rotors would have been essentially a budget BFYB BBK (if slonik does ever send them?)
Appreciate 1
Silos555.50